IIT JEE 2020 Study Plan + Preparation Strategy + Online Coaching
For students who are in grade/class 10, and if you are an IIT JEE aspirant, the below points will be useful in your preparation for JEE Main and Advanced 2020.
The study preparation tips and points for IIT JEE 2020 that we are going to cover here, (click on any below link to go directly to the section you want to read).
What will be the IIT JEE 2020 examination pattern?
JEE Advanced 2020 will be conducted in online (CBT) mode only. There may be a common engineering test in place of JEE Main and various states CETs. The exam is likely to be conducted by National Testing Agency in online mode, twice a year. The conduct of the exam, two times a year, is just a suggestion as of now. It can be scheduled similar to how SAT is conducted worldwide. For latest news updates on this, follow (bookmark) this post : Common Engineering Test JEE Pattern
The number of students who can eligible for JEE Advanced is currently top 2.24 Lakh candidates clearing JEE Main. This limit may get increased for JEE 2020.
How to prepare for IIT JEE 2020?
IIT JEE 2020 Preparation Strategy
- Take your IIT JEE dreams seriously. Most students don’t. Take them serious enough to become amazing and move beyond mediocre. Get coaching and guidance. You’ll know when you’re ready for the next phase when you attract the right teacher to help you get there. [Online courses are available from the comfort of your home.]
- Don’t get confused with questions like “How to start?”, “From where should I begin?”, "When to study?". Start with your favourite subject. It will give you confidence to prepare well for IIT JEE. Follow a routine, a timetable giving equal importance to all the subjects - Maths, Physics and Chemistry. Make sure you achieve your daily or weekly targets.
- Number of hours to study for JEE : You should never ‘measure’ the number of hours you study. What matters more is that you should study with full concentration whenever you study. You need to identify the right time(s) when you can study well with full concentration. A minimum of 4-6 hours per day is considered good for JEE preparation.
- Follow a JEE study material but don't undermine the NCERTs. Solved examples and summary is of great help. For maximum score, all you need is time management and pattern of solving questions. These management of time and pattern can be only achieved by serious dedicated practice and questions solving.
- Do your homework/assignments on time and take them seriously. Don’t neglect what’s happening currently in your coaching/preparation in order to improve previous concepts or backlogs. You first priority should be to finish your current assignments and homework on time.
- Make problem solving a habit. If you’re stuck on a harder problem, start solving easier problems. When small problems gets resolved, it gives you a feeling of being a winner and pushing you to do more! You should also know the right way to practice the IIT JEE problems. Focus on Concepts, Practice, Speed and Accuracy. Your teachers in coaching will help you immensely in this.
- Appear for mock tests, and assess yourself regularly. Take a look at each test and analyse if there’s anything you can do to improve your score. The purpose of the periodic tests in coaching is to make you realise your mistakes and not to repeat them in the succeeding tests. "Count the marks you lose due to silly mistakes, conceptual error, wrong interpretation of any question and other mistakes. After every test compare it with the previous one. This will not only reduce your chance of committing a mistake but also it will motivate you as marks will increase." - Apoorv Agrawal (IIT Indore).
- Ask your teachers regularly about doubts/problems. Have a voice in the classroom (or after the class when teacher open the session for questions). Never ever let your doubts be unresolved. Make your teachers aware of any issue you are facing in the preparation.
- Make your own notes. You always remember better when you write things by hand rather than read from a book. Never try to copy the exact text from the book. Read, and then write them in your own words. Make a separate notebook for remembering formulas in each three of subjects.
- Notebook for mistakes : "Make a notebook containing your mistakes. Whenever you make any mistake in mock test or forget a concept or formula etc. note it down in this notebook. As time passes you’ll have a collection of mistakes which you aren’t supposed to commit in exams. Revise from this copy regularly. This would help you score higher." - Ashesh Pradhan (IIT Kharagpur).
- IIT JEE preparation takes a lot of your time. You will understand topics/concepts, solve problems and old concepts fades away from your mind. For efficient preparation, consistent revision is necessary. Your notes will help you during your revision time.
- Very important point : Have a passion and determination, the self motivation to clear IIT JEE. Work hard and maintain the consistency throughout in your IIT JEE preparation.
IIT JEE 2016 topper Aman Bansal advice to IIT JEE aspirants - “Regular studies are very important. Utilize your time properly. While studying, underline and highlight the important parts. Discuss with your peers and faculty members to explore various problem solving techniques. Maintain a healthy competition with your peers. Do not get stressed and give your best shot with 100% confidence.”
Note : The thing with planning and strategy is that it shouldn’t be time consuming. The time consuming part is action, you actually moving forward, and following the strategy.
Subject-wise Study Strategy for IIT JEE 2020
Understanding the concepts and solving problems is the key to score well in physics. Master the basics of the subject rather than memorizing the formulas. While preparing, keep your concepts clear before you go for questions. Numerical problems and conceptual questions, both are important for JEE.
"Try to understand the purpose behind setting a question. The person who created the question expected that the problem will test a certain concept. Also realize that no question is unsolvable, but some questions take re efforts than others. Be open minded; and every now and then, you will come across a beautiful solution." - Adhish Majumdar (IIT-Delhi). Related Post : What Are The Best Ways to Solve Physics Problems in IIT JEE?
Mathematics is an art and requires a lot of practice. The concepts and the formulae should be at your fingertips. Know every shortcut possible. Know every formula possible. Mathematics is not just solving, it needs a little visualisation skills too (ex.- graphs and curve sketching).
"Work on the theory really well. At least understand what is the basic idea. What are we calculating? Why are we doing so? What is its significance? Where is it applied? A working amount of memory is required to recall the formulas and methods. So don’t go in with the expectation that everything is just thought and understanding-oriented. You will have to remember bulk of stuff in the beginning. With time it will eject out as a reflex." - Rajanish Kumar Upadhyay (IIT Mandi).
Complete NCERT thoroughly and you’ll get your basic footing in Inorganic Chemistry. Make precise notes for each chapter. Related Post : How to Master Inorganic Chemistry for IIT JEE (Main and Advanced)
In Organic Chemistry, You need to study all reaction mechanisms and remember all named reactions. Study the chapter, and make notes while you study each chapter. Keep thinking of reactions and mechanisms in free time. It helps in revision.
For Physical Chemistry, Read from NCERT and have your concepts clarified at your coaching institute. After you are done with the chapter, write down all equations from the chapter in a notebook for speedy reference while solving problems.
IIT JEE 2020 Syllabus
The syllabus for JEE Advanced 2020 is likely to be the same as current syllabus. The syllabus for JEE Main (or common engineering test, if implemented) may include some additional sections like Aptitude/Reasoning.
JEE Main 2020 Syllabus : JEE Main Syllabus
JEE Advanced 2020 Syllabus : JEE Advanced Syllabus
Recommended Books for IIT JEE 2020 Preparation
See the list of books recommended by IITians and teachers for IIT JEE preparation : Reference books for JEE preparation
You may not required to study from too many books if you follow a good JEE study material of a coaching. The study material is prepared specifically for JEE level concepts and questions.
Things to avoid in IIT JEE 2020 preparation
- Procrastination and Backlogs : Procrastination and bad habits are a sign that something has to change - whether that be the study itself or your current style of studying. Avoid backlogs. It’s okay sometimes to miss the daily study schedule, you can cover that during the week. But what’s not good is staring at your books, daydreaming, and doing nothing.
- Excessive TV/Social media/Video games: The distractions comes due to lack of interest in studies. If you badly want something, your aim is clear to achieve it. You’ll have plenty of time later to spend your time enjoying things you miss out during the preparation. Get rid of all distractions like TV, Facebook, WhatsApp, Quora, etc. All these distractions can be addictions also. While preparing for JEE Main and Advanced, you need only one addiction and that is Study.
- Inconsistency in Studies : Always keep yourself up to date with what’s going on in the class, avoid falling back in the syllabus. Whatever is taught in the class, should be covered well before the next class.
- Getting depressed due to low scores in tests. Don’t think about the final paper, the JEE exam, focus on doing better in next test. It’s a gradual process to improvement till the final day of the exam.
Do I Need Coaching for IIT JEE 2020?
Yes, you should join coaching for IIT JEE 2020. A two year course for JEE is ideal at the start of class 11. When we enter class 11 their is a huge gap between the level of class 10 and class 11 which has to be filled. Students who join a coaching get good help from teachers and as a result it becomes slightly easier for them.
Coaching classes provides students a balanced approach where they can prepare for IIT JEE in consistent way and at the same time they can do good in school also. Your teachers will not just help you in solving problems or clearing doubts, but will keep a constant watch on your study methods and your preparation level.
Best Online Coaching for IIT JEE 2020
A team of experienced and qualified teachers (including IITians) will teach you online using computer/laptop and internet connection. It’s like a normal classroom where you will be able to interact with teacher and can ask your doubts. We are able to transform a traditional classroom into a digital medium and providing IIT JEE preparation at student’s home only.
Attractive scholarships, Regular counselling, continuous online help from subject and exam experts, customized sessions are some of the key advantages of our IIT JEE Online Coaching. Personal attention and monitoring are the hallmarks of our online sessions. We are having not more than 20 (Max 25) students in a batch, which allows our teachers to carefully monitor the progress of each student.
Abrar Syed, a Class 11 student of Indian School Al Ghubra, Oman, is enrolled with Mystudycart for JEE 2 Year Course.
In this video, Abrar talks about Mystudycart online classes, student understanding, the faculty, study material and online test series.
Abrar is fully satisfied with Mystudycart Online Coaching.
Do you like to prepare for JEE Main and Advanced 2020 from experienced and highly qualified teachers, right from your home? Book a Free Online Demo Class now.
For queries related to our online courses and scholarship, you may contact us on +91-888-2124-333.