Chemistry is very important for a good score in IIT JEE. Chemistry is the most scoring subject in the JEE Main and JEE Advanced paper. It can significantly boost your JEE rank. As a JEE aspirant, you should know how to study Chemistry in the right way.
How to Master Chemistry for IIT JEE?
Best study tips to master Chemistry for JEE :
- Read from NCERT and have your concepts clarified at your coaching for Physical Chemistry.
- After you are done with a chapter, write down all equations from that chapter in a notebook for quick reference while solving problems.
- Develop problem solving skills to become good at Physical Chemistry. Solve problems from NCERT and your coaching material.
- Be thorough with all the formulas. You should know all the formulas of chemical bonding, equilibrium, kinetics, radioactivity, etc.
- Physical chemistry is somewhat like physics, it requires understanding of the concept supplemented by a good number of problems.
- In Organic Chemistry, study all reaction mechanisms and remember all named reactions. Make notes while you study each chapter.
- Write down the name of the reaction, mechanism (if required), and a few example reactions and exceptions (if any).
- Keep thinking of reactions and mechanisms in your free time. It helps in revision.
- The best way to study organic chemistry for JEE is to learn by understanding and then revising it again and again.
- Write a summary of important points. You can also use flash cards.
- Start with the basics and then move ahead with complex concepts.
- Practice problems each time when you study a topic.
- Make a separate notebook for named reactions & their mechanism and revise it daily.
- Organic Chemistry is like Mathematics, you need a lot of practice and patience to master Organic Chemistry.
- Stick to the Organic Chemistry topics in IIT JEE syllabus.
- Inorganic Chemistry involves a lot of memorizing. Study NCERT properly.
- A better way than learning everything up for Inorganic Chemistry is writing. [Tips to Master Inorganic Chemistry for IIT JEE]
- Make precise notes for each chapter. You might think it is a waste of time right now to maintain so many notes but they’ll prove indispensable for your JEE revision.
- Practicing and attempting new questions is very important in Chemistry. If you don’t practice questions regularly, you would not be able to memorize the formula and the concept used.
- Solve Chemistry questions from previous years JEE papers. It will give you a good idea of the type and difficulty of questions asked in JEE.
Learn exclusive tips and tricks to master Chemistry from the best faculty and experts in JEE Online Courses.
We’re listening to students.
Have something to say about this article, or any question in mind? Share it with us on Facebook