Chemistry is the most scoring subject in the JEE Main and Advanced paper. It can significantly boost your JEE rank. As a JEE aspirant, you should know how to study Chemistry in the right way.
In this post, we will see the best way to study Chemistry for JEE – starting with Physical, then Organic and at last Inorganic Chemistry.
How to Master Chemistry for IIT JEE?
Best tips and tricks to study Chemistry for JEE :
- Get your basic concepts clear from NCERT textbook.
- Have your concepts clarified at JEE coaching for Physical Chemistry.
- Write down all equations from the chapter in a notebook for quick reference.
- Develop problem solving skills to become good at Physical Chemistry.
- Solve problems from NCERT and your coaching modules.
- Be thorough with all the formulas. You should know all the formulas of chemical bonding, equilibrium, kinetics, radioactivity, etc.
- Physical chemistry is somewhat like physics, it requires understanding of the concept supplemented by a good number of problems.
- Study all reaction mechanisms and remember all named reactions in Organic Chemistry. Make notes while you study each chapter.
- Keep thinking of reactions and mechanisms in your free time. It helps in revision.
- The best way to study Organic Chemistry for JEE is to learn by understanding and then revising it again and again.
- Write a summary of important points. You can also use flash cards.
- Start with the basics and then move ahead with complex concepts.
- Practice problems each time when you study a topic.
- Make a separate notebook for named reactions & their mechanism and revise it daily.
- Organic Chemistry is like Mathematics, you need a lot of practice and patience to master Organic Chemistry.
- Inorganic Chemistry involves a lot of memorizing. Study NCERT properly (Importance of NCERT for JEE Chemistry).
- Make precise notes for each chapter. You might think it is a waste of time right now to maintain so many notes but they’ll prove indispensable for your JEE revision.
- Writing is a better way to learn everything up for Inorganic Chemistry.
- Practicing and attempting new questions is very important in Chemistry. If you don’t practice questions regularly, you would not be able to memorize the formula and the concept used.
- Solve Chemistry questions from previous years JEE papers. It will give you a good idea of the type and difficulty of questions asked in JEE.
Learn exclusive tips and tricks to master Chemistry from the best faculty and experts in JEE Online Courses.
We’re listening to students.
Have something to say about this article, or any question in mind? Share it with us on Facebook