There are no special methods to get better at organic chemistry.
But following simple points can be employed to improve upon organic chemistry for IIT JEE :
- Try to understand mechanisms of the reactions (not all, only important ones). This helps in memorising similar types of reactions in one go.
- Need not cram all the reactions and concepts. Look up for past JEE papers and observe the trends. There must be some reactions in your books that are never taught/asked. They can be left and ignored.
- A flowchart of reactions can be drawn on sheets of papers. Those sheets should be looked upon regularly so that the chart gets memorised easily. However I was comfortable with the conventional method.
- Keep thinking of reactions and mechanisms in free time. Helps in revision.
- Remove any kind of fear from mind. Useless fear hampers your ability to understand and enjoy the topics. Organic chemistry is one of the easiest topics from the syllabus. I used to enjoy it a lot.
Hope this helps 🙂
Related Posts :
How Can I Improve My Organic Chemistry For IIT JEE? was last modified: March 3rd, 2018 by