Question asked by a JEE aspirant : “How can I improve my Organic Chemistry for IIT-JEE?”
There are no special methods to get better at Organic Chemistry. But following simple points can be employed to improve upon Organic Chemistry for IIT JEE.
Tips to Improve Organic Chemistry For IIT JEE
- Try to understand mechanisms of the reactions (not all, only important ones). This helps in memorising similar types of reactions in one go.
- Need not cram all the reactions and concepts. Look up for past JEE papers and observe the trends. There must be some reactions in your books that are never taught/asked. They can be left and ignored.
- A flowchart of reactions can be drawn on sheets of papers. Those sheets should be looked upon regularly so that the chart gets memorised easily. However I was comfortable with the conventional method.
- Keep thinking of reactions and mechanisms in free time. Helps in revision.
- Remove any kind of fear from mind. Useless fear hampers your ability to understand and enjoy the topics. Organic Chemistry is one of the easiest topics from the syllabus. I used to enjoy it a lot.
Hope this helps 🙂
Related Posts :
We’re listening to students.
Have something to say about this article, or any question in mind? Share it with us on Facebook