Best Books for IIT JEE Preparation (JEE Main and JEE Advanced)
Before starting preparation for IIT JEE (i.e. JEE Main and JEE Advanced), students ask their teachers in coaching and school, or search on internet, about this particular question,
What are the best books for IIT JEE preparation?
Two important points when choosing best books for IIT JEE Preparation:
1. Don’t undermine the NCERTs. Read the NCERT chapters thoroughly, solved examples and summary is of great help. NCERT textbooks are written by a team of authors who are all experts in their area.
2. Checkout the list of best books for IIT JEE preparation that are mentioned below. The idea is to understand the theory behind some of the more advanced topics that may not be covered in the NCERT textbooks.
Online Crash Course for JEE Main 2019 January Exam : Course Details and Admission Process
Recommended Books for IIT JEE Preparation (JEE Main and JEE Advanced)
Here is the list of books which you can refer to understand the topics and practice problems. These are the books recommended by teachers and IIT pass out students for the preparation of JEE Main, JEE Advanced, BITSAT and other engineering entrance examinations.
||Concepts of Physics
||H. C. Verma
||Arihant’s New Pattern Problems in Physics
||Fundamentals of Physics
||Halliday, Resnick and Walker
||Problems in General Physics
||I. E. Irodov
||Course in Mathematics for IIT-JEE
||Tata McGraw Hill publications
||Problems Plus in IIT Mathematics
||A Das Gupta
||Arihant’s New Pattern Problems in Mathematics
||Chemistry NCERT Textbook
||University Chemistry for Physical Chemistry
||Freedman and Young
||Morrison and Boyd
||Concise Inorganic Chemistry
||J. D. Lee
||Modern Approach to Chemical Calculations
Note : You don't need to buy all the books listed here. For IIT JEE preparation, quality matters more than the quantity. A well prepared JEE study material is sometimes more than enough.
Best Physics Books for IIT JEE Preparation:
- Concepts of Physics by H. C. Verma
- Understanding Physics by DC Pandey
- Arihant’s New Pattern Problems in Physics by DC Pandey
- Fundamentals of Physics by Halliday, Resnick and Walker
- Problems in General Physics by I. E. Irodov
Best Mathematics Books for IIT JEE Preparation:
- IIT Mathematics by M.L. Khanna
- Course in Mathematics for IIT-JEE by Tata McGraw Hill publications
- Problems Plus in IIT Mathematics by A Das Gupta
- Arihant’s New Pattern Problems in Mathematics by SK Goyal
Best Chemistry Books for IIT JEE Preparation:
Chemistry is divided roughly into a) General Chemistry with a huge emphasis on Physical Chemistry, b) Organic Chemistry and c) Inorganic Chemistry.
- NCERT Textbook
- University Chemistry by Freedman and Young for Physical Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry by Morrison and Boyd for Organic Chemistry
- Concise Inorganic Chemistry by J. D. Lee for Inorganic Chemistry
- Modern Approach to Chemical Calculations by RC Mukherjee
Important : You need to aware of what’s in the JEE syllabus and avoid topics/questions which are above the JEE level. It’s recommended to study from a coaching study material.
Along with the good books, students need experienced and qualified teachers for disciplined IIT JEE preparation. Mystudycart Online Coaching for JEE Main and JEE Advanced delivers quality online classes to students at their home only. Explore More: JEE Online Coaching