Best Books for JEE Preparation 2021, 2022, 2023 [Main + Advanced]
Before starting the preparation for IIT JEE (JEE Main and JEE Advanced), students ask their teachers in coaching and school or search on the internet, about this particular question - "What are the best books for JEE preparation?"
Given below is a list of some of the best reference books for JEE preparation. These are the books recommended by teachers and IIT JEE toppers for the preparation of JEE Main, JEE Advanced, BITSAT and other engineering entrance examinations.
Best Books for JEE Preparation (Latest Editions)
||Buy Online on Amazon*
||Concepts of Physics
||H. C. Verma
||Buy Now : Part-1, Part-2
||Understanding Physics (Set of 5 Books)
||Practice Book Physics for JEE Main and Advanced
||Wiley's Halliday / Resnick / Walker Physics for JEE (Main & Advanced)
||Halliday, Resnick and Walker
||Problems in General Physics
||I. E. Irodov
||Cengage Maths Set Of 5 Books
||Comprehensive Mathematics for JEE
||Tata McGraw Hill publications
||Problems Plus in IIT Mathematics
||A Das Gupta
||Arihant Problem Book in Mathematics for IIT JEE
||Chemistry NCERT Textbook
||Problems in Physical Chemistry for JEE (Main & Advanced)
||Morrison and Boyd
||Concise Inorganic Chemistry
||J. D. Lee
*As an amazon associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Online Courses for IIT JEE Main and Advanced : Course Details and Admission Process
Best Books for JEE Physics
- Concepts of Physics by H. C. Verma
- Understanding Physics by DC Pandey
- Practice Book Physics for JEE Main and Advanced by DC Pandey
- Wiley's Halliday / Resnick / Walker Physics for JEE (Main & Advanced) by Halliday, Resnick and Walker
- Problems in General Physics by I. E. Irodov
Best Books for JEE Math
- Cengage Maths by G TIWANI
- Comprehensive Mathematics for JEE Advanced by Tata McGraw Hill publications
- Problems Plus in IIT Mathematics by A Das Gupta
- Arihant Problem Book in Mathematics for IIT JEE by SK Goyal
Best Books for JEE Chemistry
- NCERT Textbook
- Problems in Physical Chemistry for JEE (Main & Advanced) by Narendra Awasthi
- Organic Chemistry by Morrison and Boyd for Organic Chemistry
- Concise Inorganic Chemistry by J. D. Lee for Inorganic Chemistry
- Modern Approach to Chemical Calculations by RC Mukherjee
Two important points to keep in mind when buying books for IIT JEE :
1. Don’t undermine the NCERTs. Read the NCERT chapters thoroughly, solved examples and summary is of great help. NCERT textbooks are written by a team of authors who are all experts in their area.
2. Checkout the list of best books for IIT JEE preparation that are mentioned above. The idea is to understand the theory behind some of the more advanced topics that may not be covered in the NCERT textbooks.
Note : You don't need to buy all the books listed here. For IIT JEE preparation, quality matters more than the quantity. A well prepared JEE study material is sometimes more than enough.
Important : You need to be aware of what’s in the JEE syllabus and avoid topics/ questions which are above the JEE level.
Along with the good books, students need experienced and qualified teachers for disciplined IIT JEE preparation. Mystudycart Online Coaching for JEE Main and JEE Advanced delivers quality online classes to students at their home only. See More: JEE Online Coaching