DASA Scheme For NRI/ PIO/ OCI/ Foreign National Students
From DASA 2021-22 onwards, admissions will be based on JEE Main ranks. Here we will look at all the details about the Dasa Scheme - DASA quota, total seats, admission, eligibility criteria, registration, cut-off ranks.
What is the Dasa Scheme for NRI/ PIO/ OCI/ Foreign students?
DASA stands for Direct Admission of Students Abroad. DASA is a scheme where NRI/ PIO/ OCI/ Foreign national students are allowed admissions in NITs, IIITs on the basis of their JEE Main ranks. From the year DASA has launched, students from many countries (Saudi Arabia, UAE, Nepal, Oman, Malaysia, Qatar, Kuwait, Sri Lanka, etc.) have taken admission in prestigious engineering institutes in India.
What exactly is DASA quota?
DASA quota is a specific number of seats reserved for NRI, PIO, OCI and Foreign national students in top engineering colleges of India. The exact number of seats in DASA quota is 15% of the total seats in the institute.
What is the DASA exam or admission?
DASA is not an exam but a scheme started by Government of India and MHRD for Direct Admission of Students Abroad in premier institutes of India. Admissions in DASA takes place on the basis of JEE Main (for 2021-22 and later).
How many aspirants apply through DASA for admissions in engineering colleges in India?
There are thousands of NRI/ PIO/ OCI/ Foreign National aspirants apply through DASA for admissions in engineering colleges in India. However, the exact number of candidates applying under DASA are not disclosed officially.
What are the best Colleges in India under the DASA Scheme?
The list of best colleges in India under the DASA scheme for NRI/ CIWG students : Top 20 DASA colleges in India.
See More : DASA Participating Institutions
Who can take admission in NITs and IIITs through DASA Scheme?
Indian Nationals studying abroad (NRIs) and Foreign Nationals/ Persons of Indian Origin/ Overseas Citizen of India who have completed the qualifying examination in any country (including India) are eligible for admission in NITs and IIITs through DASA Scheme. In case of Indian Nationals, they must have completed the 11th and 12th standard or equivalent from outside India.
From which year DASA admissions will be based on JEE Main?
From 2021-22 onwards, DASA/CIWG admissions will be on the basis of JEE Main Ranks. SAT Subject Scores will no longer be valid from the 2021-22 session. Related Page : Changes in DASA/CIWG Scheme 2021-22.
How many seats are reserved for CIWG in NITs and IIITs under DASA?
1/3rd of the 15% seats in DASA are reserved for CIWG (Children of Indian Workers in Gulf Countries). CIWG will have to pay the same fee as Indian citizens. There has to be proof of either parent working in a gulf country. CIWG Seats in NITs and IIITs
What are the Total Seats in the DASA Scheme?
The total number of seats in DASA 2020 were 3713. Out of 3713 DASA seats, 1231 were reserved for CIWG candidates and 2482 for other DASA applicants. See DASA 2020 Seat Matrix.
Is IIIT Hyderabad not under DASA?
IIIT Hyderabad takes admission under DASA by direct counseling only. They have a separate admission process. Total number of DASA seats in IIIT Hyderabad is 41. IIIT Hyderabad DASA 2021 online application portal will open in March-April 2021. Eligibility and Selection criteria for IIIT Hyderabad DASA.
DASA UG Brochure (Information Bulletin) 2021
DASA 2021 UG admission brochure expected to be available in June, 2021. For reference : DASA 2020 UG Brochure [Details about DASA Registration, Seat Allotment, Participating Institutions, Eligibility Criteria, Reservation for Children of Indian Workers in Gulf Countries (CIWG) and its fee structure].
DASA UG Admission Schedule 2021
|DASA 2021 Admission Schedule
|Registration and Submission of online application
Eligibility Criteria for DASA 2021
Given below is the expected eligibility criteria for DASA 2021:
- Students must give the JEE Main examination.
- Applicants should clear the JEE Main cut-off required for DASA Admission.
- A minimum score of 60% in Grade 12 Board exam.
- Applicants should have completed successfully Mathematics, Physics and one of the subjects from (Chemistry, Biotechnology, Computer Science, Biology) in 11th AND/OR 12th, as applicable in the respective boards.
DASA Fee Structure [Registration Fee and First Semester Tuition Fee]
Fee payable to DASA before submission of online application.
||Registration Fee (Non-Refundable)
||Tuition Fee (For First Semester only)
||Total Amount paid along with the Application Form
||US $ 300/-
||INR ₹ 62,500/-
||INR ₹ 62,500/- + US $ 300/-
|DASA (Non- SAARC)
||US $ 300/-
||US $ 4000/-
||US $ 4300/-
||US $ 300/-
||US $ 2000/-
||US $ 2300/-
For hostel accommodation and other expenses, see the complete fee structure document of DASA.
Documents Required for Applying in DASA Scheme
Documents to be uploaded (scanned copies) during DASA online application.
- Applicant’s Passport (Nationals of Nepal who do not have a passport, copy of Authenticated Citizenship Card has to be submitted).
- Proof for date of birth (Secondary Education Board/ University Certificate [Class X or equivalent] or any certificate issued by the Government authorities).
- Mark Sheet of 10th, 11th and 12th (or) Equivalent examination(s).
- Certificate from School authorities (in the format given in DASA Bulletin on letter head of the school) as proof of completion of 11th and 12th Standard or equivalent. In case, 12th standard or equivalent is not completed yet, the candidate has to give an undertaking in the online application.
- Percentage/ CGPA equivalence provided by the principal examination authorities, in case CGPA on a different scale than that specified is awarded OR if only grades are awarded.
- Proof of 2 years of education (11th and 12th or equivalent ) in foreign country in case of NRI (School leaving certificate/ Mark sheets/ Study Certificate as in DASA Bulletin).
- Applicant applying under CIWG quota, has to produce all the following documents: Copy of the passport of the parent working in the gulf, parent’s visa and work permit with a validity on any date in the year 2021, and a certificate from the company/ organization as proof that parent is working in gulf country.
Please ensure that the name of the candidate should be exactly the same in the passport, qualifying exam, JEE Main score card and in other certificates.
DASA Seat Allotment Procedure 2021
DASA 2021 seat allotment will be strictly based on JEE Main ranks and the choices given by the applicant in the order of their merit and priority taken together.
JEE Main Online Coaching for DASA Admission
Many of the students outside India are not able to get good quality coaching to clear JEE Main entrance test. Some students had absolutely no formal coaching, ever, to write competitive exams. Most of the emphasis is on doing their best to top the school exams.
Mystudycart is a pool of experienced and qualified teachers who provide JEE Main Online Coaching with the help of a computer/ laptop and internet connection at your home. It will be Live Classes with two-way interaction between the teacher and student.
Do try our free online demo class, you'll not be disappointed!
Mystudycart Features and Benefits of Online Coaching
For more details about DASA Scheme for Admission in NITs, IIITs, you can get in touch with us on +91-888-2124-333.