DASA Scheme For NRI/ PIO/ OCI/ Foreign National Students - DASA UG Admission 2023, Brochure, Registration, Application, Eligibility Criteria
Last Updated : May 16, 2023.
Latest News : According to the DASA website latest notification, DASA 2023 registration and application process will start from June 12, 2023.
DASA UG stands for Direct Admission of Students Abroad (Undergraduate Courses). DASA is a scheme where NRI/ PIO/ OCI/ Foreign national students are allowed admissions under 15% reserved quota in NITs, IIITs and other technical institutes. DASA UG admissions are on the basis of JEE Main ranks.
DASA UG Admissions 2023
DASA scheme admissions will be coordinated by NIT Calicut, India for the year 2023-24. DASA UG admissions for 2023-24 session will begin from 12th June, 2023. Here we are looking at all the details about the Dasa Scheme 2023 - DASA UG brochure, admission schedule, registration, application form, DASA CIWG quota, total seats, fee structure, eligibility criteria, documents required, cut-off ranks, etc.
DASA Scheme For NRI/ PIO/ OCI/ Foreign National Students
DASA UG Brochure (Information Bulletin) 2023
DASA UG 2023 admission brochure (information bulletin) will be released soon. Download DASA UG Brochure 2022 to know more details about DASA admission and application process.
DASA UG 2023 Registration and Application Form
DASA 2023 registrations will begin from June 12, 2023. Candidates can fill the online application form at DASA NIT website.
How to Apply for DASA UG 2023?
Steps to apply online for DASA UG admission :
- Open DASA NIT website and click on "Enter" below the "Application for UG Programme in Engineering/Architecture/Planning".
- Read the eligibility criteria and click on "I Agree".
- Under User Login (UG), Click on "Register here".
- Create an account using your email-id.
- Open your email-id, click on the link provided in "Complete registration for DASA 2023".
- Complete the Sign up process by entering a password and click on "Save".
- Note the Applicant ID and password for future logins (for completing the application form and checking the status of the application etc.).
- Click on "Proceed to Login".
- Login using your email-id and password.
- Read the instructions and steps to fill the online application form.
- Click on "Next" and fill the online application form.
DASA UG 2023 Admission Schedule
DASA UG admission schedule for 2023 will be released soon by NIT Calicut.
Admission schedule of DASA UG 2022 :
|DASA 2022 Admission Schedule
|Registration and Submission of Online Application
||29 August 2022 to 20 September 2022 11:59 PM
|DASA Rank Declaration Based on JEE Main Rank
||30 September 2022, 10.00 A.M.
|First round of Seat Allotment
||5 October 2022
|Confirmation by candidates who have been allotted a seat in Round 1
||6 Oct 2022 10:00 A.M. to 7 Oct 2022 06:00 PM
|Second Round of Seat Allotment
||8 Oct 2022 05:00 P.M.
|Confirmation by candidates who have been allotted a seat in Round 2
||9 Oct 2022 to 10 Oct 2022 6:00 P.M.
|Third Round of Seat Allotment
||11 Oct 2022 5 P.M.
|Confirmation by candidates who have been allotted a seat in Round 3
||12 Oct 2022 10 A.M. to 13 Oct 2022 6:00 P.M.
|Reporting to allotted Institutes for admission by candidates who have been allotted a seat in Rounds 1, 2 and 3.
||14 Oct 2022 to 17 Oct 2022 5:00 P.M.
||19 Oct 2022 10:00 A.M.
|Announcement of vacant seat matrix for Special round
||20 Oct 2022 05:00 P.M.
|Choice refilling for Special Round
||21 Oct 2022 10:00 A.M to 25 Oct 2022 05:00 P.M.
|Special Round Allotment
||27 Oct 2022 5:00 PM
|Reporting to allotted Institutes for admission by candidates who have been allotted a seat in Special Round
||28 Oct 2022 to 31 Oct 2022 5:00 P.M
[Note: SPOT round, if any, will be announced and conducted by respective Institutes after 1st Nov 2022 strictly against the vacancies, if any. Candidates registered in DASA-2022 will only be eligible to participate (including those who declined their allotment at any stage).]
Eligibility Criteria for DASA 2023
Given below is the eligibility criteria for DASA 2023 :
- Applicants born on or after October 01, 1998 are eligible for DASA Admissions 2023.
- Applicant should have a valid JEE Main 2023 rank.
- Applicant must have secured a minimum of at least 60% aggregate marks (average of all subjects of qualifying examination taken together) or 6.50 CGPA (on a 10 point scale) or equivalent in the qualifying examination. In case, CGPA on a different scale is awarded OR if only grades are awarded, percentage/CGPA equivalence provided by the principal examination authorities will only be considered.
- Applicants appearing for the qualifying examination in the academic year 2022-23 and expecting their final results latest by September 15, 2023 may also apply.
- Applicant should have completed successfully Mathematics, Physics and one of the subjects from (Chemistry, Biotechnology, Computer Science, Biology) in 11th AND/OR 12th, as applicable in the respective boards.
What are the Total Seats in the DASA Scheme?
According to DASA 2022 seat matrix, the total number of seats in DASA are 4318. Out of 4318 DASA seats, 1430 are reserved for CIWG candidates and 2888 for other DASA applicants.
How many seats are reserved for CIWG in NITs and IIITs under DASA?
1/3rd of the 15% seats in DASA are reserved for CIWG (Children of Indian Workers in Gulf Countries). CIWG will have to pay the same fee as Indian citizens. There has to be proof of either parent working in a gulf country. CIWG Seats in NITs and IIITs
DASA Fee Structure [Registration Fee and First Semester Tuition Fee]
Fee payable to DASA before submission of online application.
||Registration Fee (Non-Refundable)
||Tuition Fee (For First Semester only)
||Total Amount paid along with the Application Form
||US $ 300/-
||INR ₹ 62,500/- (or US $ 762)
||US $ 1062/-
|DASA (Non- SAARC)
||US $ 300/-
||US $ 4000/-
||US $ 4300/-
||US $ 300/-
||US $ 2000/-
||US $ 2300/-
Documents Required for Applying in DASA Scheme
Documents to be uploaded (scanned copies) during DASA online application.
- Applicant’s Passport (Nationals of Nepal who do not have a passport, copy of Authenticated Citizenship Card has to be submitted).
- Proof for date of birth (Secondary Education Board/ University Certificate [Class X or equivalent] or any certificate issued by the Government authorities).
- Mark Sheet of 10th, 11th and 12th (or) Equivalent examination(s).
- Certificate from School authorities (in the format given in DASA Bulletin on letter head of the school) as proof of completion of 11th and 12th Standard or equivalent. In case, 12th standard or equivalent is not completed yet, the candidate has to give an undertaking in the online application.
- Percentage/ CGPA equivalence provided by the principal examination authorities, in case CGPA on a different scale than that specified is awarded OR if only grades are awarded.
- Proof of 2 years of education (11th and 12th or equivalent ) in foreign country in case of NRI (School leaving certificate/ Mark sheets/ Study Certificate as in DASA Bulletin).
- Applicant applying under CIWG quota, has to produce all the following documents: Copy of the passport of the parent working in the gulf, parent’s visa and work permit with a validity on any date in the year 2023, and a certificate from the company/ organization as proof that parent is working in gulf country.
Please ensure that the name of the candidate should be exactly the same in the passport, qualifying exam, JEE Main score card and in other certificates.
DASA Seat Allotment Procedure
DASA seat allotment is strictly based on JEE Main ranks and the choices given by the applicant in the order of their merit and priority taken together.
DASA Cut-offs (Opening and Closing Ranks)
DASA 2022 cut-off ranks for CIWG and Non-CIWG candidates :
What is the Dasa Scheme for NRI/ PIO/ OCI/ Foreign students?
DASA stands for Direct Admission of Students Abroad. DASA is a scheme where NRI/ PIO/ OCI/ Foreign national students are allowed admissions in NITs, IIITs on the basis of their JEE Main ranks. From the year DASA has launched, students from many countries (Saudi Arabia, UAE, Nepal, Oman, Malaysia, Qatar, Kuwait, Sri Lanka, etc.) have taken admission in prestigious engineering institutes in India.
What exactly is DASA quota?
DASA quota is a specific number of seats reserved for NRI, PIO, OCI and Foreign national students in top engineering colleges of India. The exact number of seats in DASA quota is 15% of the total seats in the institute.
What is the DASA exam or admission?
DASA is not an exam but a scheme started by the Government of India and MHRD for Direct Admission of Students Abroad in premier institutes of India. Admissions in DASA take place on the basis of JEE Main rank.
How many aspirants apply through DASA for admissions in engineering colleges in India?
There are thousands of NRI/ PIO/ OCI/ Foreign National aspirants apply through DASA for admissions in engineering colleges in India. However, the exact number of candidates applying under DASA are not disclosed officially.
What are the best Colleges in India under the DASA Scheme?
The list of best colleges in India under the DASA scheme for NRI/ CIWG students : Top 20 DASA colleges in India.
Who can take admission in NITs and IIITs through DASA Scheme?
Indian Nationals studying abroad (NRIs) and Foreign Nationals/ Persons of Indian Origin/ Overseas Citizen of India who have completed the qualifying examination in any country (including India) are eligible for admission in NITs and IIITs through DASA Scheme. In case of Indian Nationals, they must have completed the 11th and 12th standard or equivalent from outside India.
From which year DASA admissions are based on JEE Main?
From 2021 onwards, DASA/CIWG admissions are on the basis of JEE Main Ranks. SAT subject scores are no longer valid for the DASA scheme. Related Page : Changes in DASA/CIWG Scheme.
What are the exam centres of JEE Main Outside India?
Check out the list of JEE Main exam centres outside India.
Is IIIT Hyderabad not under DASA?
IIIT Hyderabad takes admission under DASA by direct counseling only. They have a separate admission process. Total number of DASA seats in IIIT Hyderabad is 37. IIIT Hyderabad still considers SAT test scores for DASA admissions. Eligibility and Selection criteria for IIIT Hyderabad DASA.
JEE Main Online Coaching for DASA Admission
Many of the students outside India are not able to get good quality coaching to clear JEE Main entrance test. Some students had absolutely no formal coaching, ever, to write competitive exams. Most of the emphasis is on doing their best to top the school exams.
Mystudycart is a pool of experienced and qualified teachers who provide JEE Main Online Coaching with the help of a computer/ laptop and internet connection at your home. It will be Live Classes with two-way interaction between the teacher and student.
Do try our free online demo class, you'll not be disappointed!
Mystudycart Features and Benefits of Online Coaching
For more details about DASA Scheme for Admission in NITs, IIITs, you can get in touch with us on +91-888-2124-333.