NEET 2020 Study Plan + Preparation Strategy + Online Coaching
If you are a medical aspirant in class 12th or passed class 12th and taking a drop, the below points will be useful in your preparation for NEET, AIIMS and JIPMER 2020.
The study preparation tips and points for NEET-UG 2020 that we are going to cover here, (click on any below link to go directly to the section you want to read).
NEET 2020 Online or Offline? Will NEET 2020 be Conducted in Online (CBT) Mode?
It’s not yet decided whether NEET 2020 will be Conducted in Online (CBT) or Offline (Pen-Paper) mode. We don’t have any official notification about NEET 2020. Right now you should consider the NEET-UG 2020 exam in existing format (i.e. pen-paper mode) only.
Is NEET 2020 Twice a Year?
The decision of conducting NEET-UG twice depends on how smooth is the conducting process of JEE Main. Is it accepted well by students and parents? Are the reasons of rollback of similar decision for NEET 2019 resolved? As of now, you should consider NEET 2020 to be once a year only, just like previous years.
What Will be the NEET 2020 Examination Pattern?
NEET 2020 examination will be conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA). The NEET 2020 examination will have one paper of 3 hour duration. NEET question paper will have total 180 questions of Physics, Chemistry and Biology. 45 each in Physics & Chemistry, and 90 questions from Biology (Botany, Zoology). All questions are of objective type (multiple choice questions); each question with choice of four answers, only one being correct choice. Each question carry 4 marks for every correct answer. There is also negative marking, deducting 1 mark for every wrong answer.
Will there be any change in exam pattern of NEET 2020?
We will update you whenever any official notification comes out regarding NEET 2020 exam pattern. Bookmark this page for latest updates on NEET 2020.
1 Year Online Course for NEET-UG 2020 : Course Details and Admission Process
How to Prepare for NEET 2020?
NEET 2020 Preparation Strategy
- The first requirement to clear an exam like NEET or AIIMS is to be passionate about your goals and keep remembering what you will achieve after clearing these exams with top ranks. The next step is to be consistent with your preparation. Daily studies and practice is the most important skill you need to clear NEET or AIIMS.
- One important thing for good NEET preparation is your interest in subjects – Physics, Chemistry and Biology. If you love solving problems, understanding concepts, you will want to focus on studies as much as possible, keeping all distractions away. Prepare a simple time table and try to follow it. Don’t follow the schedule/time-table of others.
- How many hours of study in NEET preparation? It totally depends on you. What’s your capacity? How your brain works? You just have to enjoy every hour that you are studying to clear NEET. It can’t be forced. What matters a lot is the quality study that you do and not the number of hours.
- NEET and AIIMS both require thorough knowledge of NCERT. Although it’s advised to follow a coaching study material, you can also use reference books (Don’t refer too many books, one of each subject is enough, and NCERT is must).
- AIIMS and JIPMER preparation strategy for PCB would be the same like NEET. Additionally for AIIMS and JIPMER, you need to prepare for some additional sections – GK + Aptitude in AIIMS, and English + Reasoning in JIPMER. You can utilize your time after NEET by preparing additional sections in AIIMS and JIPMER. At the same time, you need to keep your focus on PCB revision.
- The sequence of learning is important. You should aware of simple, basic concepts before knowing the complex ones. New concept delivered in a way that builds upon existing topics/concepts is easier to make sense of and retain. While solving questions, apply the tricks (mostly taught by your coaching teachers). Practice a lot and learn from your mistakes.
- Making notes is very beneficial in your preparation. Make your own notes, don’t buy or use someone else’s work. The notes will be handy during revision. Include your own shortcuts and tricks. "Try to make code words. Loligo, Octopus, Sepia -LOS – molluscs with no larval stage (loss). If you have to learn many examples, make a sentence or something. One word starting with the initial letter of each example. Find out some cool relation. I bet you’d never forget that fountain pen was invented by Waterman." - Mahima Mehra (Lady Hardinge Medical College).
- Don’t neglect any topic because you find it hard to understand. Ask your teachers at coaching to resolve your doubts. Make a ‘doubt copy’. Collect all doubts in it along with their solutions. You can use this to revise before NEET.
- Revision is a continuous process which must happen daily in some form or other. Revision not in last few months, but every day. E.g. half an hour before sleep, go through all the things you learned during the day. Keep revising what you learn. Always revise important points, MCQs before sleeping.
- After completing the syllabus : Solve NEET past year papers and mock tests. Create an exam like environment at your home and solve the papers at morning time, the time scheduled for NEET exam. The objective is to have enough practice in solving problems and improving the speed and accuracy.
- Whenever you attempt any mock / practice test, you are likely to give wrong answers. The objective is not just to solve the test but analyzing it on the same day for mistakes and weakness. If you follow this strategy, you will surely improve with each test that you give during the NEET preparation.
- Time management is the key. You should devote enough time to each section i.e. Physics, Chemistry and Biology. Attempt that subject first in which you are most comfortable. During the exam and before that in practice tests also, do not let any question eat up your time. Skip the question as soon as you are nowhere close to the answer. Come back to these questions after you finished the whole paper once.
- Consistency and Discipline : During NEET preparation, you have to study consistently, whether that is learning concepts or solving problems. When you are consistent in doing the things you know you should do, your odds of achieving your goals will be dramatically increased. Discipline is one of the key differentiators separating those who clear NEET from those who don’t.
- Don’t take extreme pressure, it will be good for you if you go with a positive mind to the exam. Avoid silly mistakes, first in mock tests and then on the exam day. Remain calm and composed. That’s the sign of a Doctor in progress!
Subject-wise Study Strategy for NEET 2020
DO NOT leave any topic, any line, any word of NCERT unturned. You have to learn Biology NCERT by heart. Try to mark only those points which you confuse or forget often. Don’t mark each and every line. Be thorough with the diagrams and their labellings in Biology. Practice Biology questions. Practicing is equally important in Biology as it is in Physics and Chemistry.
"The best-est way to get more than 300 marks in Biology is to make your own handwritten notes in which you can make flow charts and shortcuts to learn important topics especially Krebs cycle, Glycolysis pathway etc." - Shweta Chaudhary (Govt Medical College Chandigarh).
Related Post : How to Study Biology for NEET?
Understanding the concepts and practicing problems is the key to score well in Physics. While preparing, keep your concepts clear before you go for questions.
"Make a formula list of each chapter and include just the formulas in it and not the whole notes thing and read these whenever you get time say before meals etc. Practice as many questions as you can because in the end only this is going to help you." - Arzoo (AIIMS 2016 AIR 136 ; NEET 2016 AIR 110; Maulana Azad Medical College).
Related Post : How to Master Physics for NEET and AIIMS?
In Organic Chemistry, You need to study all reaction mechanisms and remember all named reactions. Study the chapter, and make notes while you study each chapter. Keep thinking of reactions and mechanisms in free time. It helps in revision.
Complete NCERT thoroughly and you’ll get your basic footing in Inorganic Chemistry. Make precise notes for each chapter.
For Physical Chemistry, Read from NCERT and have your concepts clarified at your coaching institute. After you are done with the chapter, write down all equations from the chapter in a notebook for speedy reference while solving problems.
Related Post : How to Study Chemistry for NEET?
NEET/AIIMS/JIPMER 2020 Syllabus
The syllabus for NEET 2020 is likely to be the same as current syllabus. AIIMS and JIPMER syllabus expected to remain similar as existing.
NEET 2020 Syllabus : NEET-UG Syllabus
AIIMS syllabus is almost similar to NEET for PCB. AIIMS entrance test has two additional sections – GK (mosty current affairs) and aptitude. Assertion-Reason questions will be asked in AIIMS entrance test. The syllabus of Physics, Chemistry and Biology in JIPMER is same as AIIMS and NEET. There are two additional sections – English & Reasoning in JIPMER exam.
Recommended Books for NEET 2020 Preparation
See the list of books recommended by teachers for NEET/AIIMS/JIPMER preparation : Reference books for NEET preparation
You may not required to study from too many books if you follow a good NEET study material of a coaching. The study material is prepared specifically for NEET/AIIMS level concepts and questions.
Things to avoid in NEET 2020 preparation
- Avoid long study hours if it results in fatigue, small breaks after 45–50 minutes of study can improve your productivity.
- Avoid using multiple books and material in your preparation. Referencing multiple sources, books and study materials, for similar topics and chapters, uses a lot of cognitive load of the memory. Quality matters more than quantity in NEET preparation.
- Avoid backlogs. Always keep yourself up to date with what’s going on in the class. Complete your homework and assignments on time.
- Procrastination : Procrastination is a lazy habit, you don’t need this in NEET/AIIMS preparation. Finishing work and assignments on time is a habit which helps in achieving your goal. Clear your doubts asap. Self-discipline is the inner power that pushes you to study hard rather than procrastinating or making excuses.
- Excessive TV/Social media/Video games: The distractions comes due to lack of interest in studies. If you badly want something, your aim is clear to achieve it. You’ll have plenty of time later to spend your time enjoying things you miss out during the preparation. Get rid of all distractions like TV, Facebook, WhatsApp, Quora, etc.
- Getting depressed due to low scores in tests. In your monthly or practice tests, always set a target that how many marks you should get in it. But, don’t set big targets that are not achievable. You will improve with each test. Neither get dejected by bad marks nor become overconfident. Work hard (smart) towards your goal.
Do I Need Coaching for NEET 2020?
Yes, you should join a good Coaching for NEET 2020 which can provide you experienced faculty, precise material and guidance for NEET/AIIMS entrance exams. Strategy, discipline, and be regular with your coaching and self study will be the key to achieve good result.
Jagat Ram Kukkar, a MBBS student, rightly said this, “Teachers in coaching institutes will help you a lot. They will tell you the ways to remember things. They will tell you to solve paper faster, solve physics problems faster. You can’t do that by seeing any youtube videos or self study.”
Best Online Coaching for NEET 2020
A team of experienced and qualified teachers (including IITians and doctors) will teach you online using computer/laptop and internet connection. It’s like a normal classroom where you will be able to interact with teacher and can ask your doubts in the class, at the comfort of your home.
For our NEET Online Courses, we share complete batch calendar in advance with parents and students. There is complete transparency about the teachers, the online platform, student performance, fee and scholarship details. Our online batches are short (20–25 students), so it’s easy to monitor each student’s progress.
What students like about Mystudycart NEET online coaching
- A digital classroom where students can interact with teacher and ask their doubts, very similar to traditional coaching classes.
- Recordings of the classes are provided for better understanding and revision.
- The course batch timings are suitable and convenient, where students are taking classes right from their home.
- Online practice tests where student's performance is analyzed so that he/she can improve on weaker areas.
- The helpful nature of the teachers and the counselling team constantly motivating students to feel confident and positive for the exam.
Some of the reviews of students/parents about Mystudycart NEET online classes, the faculty, study material and online test series.
"I was working hard to identify an adequate course for my daughter to prepare for the medical entrance. I am happy to say that Mystudycart team is very supportive in arranging the classes to our needs.The online classes delivered by them are very clear and helpful and it meets the expectations of the student. The faculty’s effort and teaching style is very helpful for my daughter. Thank you Mystudycart team. I will recommend my friends also." - Ambika Rajan (Mother of Dhakshika Thalaimalairajan from Dubai, UAE)
"Thank you for clearing all my doubts, for interacting, for being helpful, for being supportive, for giving positive attitude, for providing advice, for providing strategy to prepare for NEET, for telling my weak and strength points, for helping me to be interactive with the teachers. Thank you for helping me to prepare for NEET." - Anitha Anil Kumar from UAE
"My daughter was state board student till 12th class and facing problem with NEET Preparations, but Mystudycart helped her with online coaching classes for NEET. Whatever she has performed in the exam was because of their efforts and they tried level best to help us during the NEET preparations." - Mother of Apparanjitha V Ramana from Chennai, India
All medical aspirants are fully satisfied with Mystudycart NEET Online Coaching.
Do you like to prepare for NEET 2020 from experienced and highly qualified faculties, right from your home? Book a Free Online Demo Class now.
For queries related to our online courses and scholarship, you may contact us on +91-888-2124-333.