Starting early preparation for NEET, like in 8th, 9th or 10th class, doesn’t mean you have to study NEET level concepts and topics. It’s about building a foundation, learning time management, discipline, following a routine, and clearing basic concepts well.
How to Prepare for NEET in Class 8, 9 and 10?
- Start a habit to study every day. With time you will be able to study for long hours without losing focus.
- Give up mugging and lay emphasis on learning concepts and applying them on problems.
- Work on your calculations in terms of accuracy and speed. Try to be accurate as well as fast. This needs practice.
- Improve your analytical skills. Try to solve the same problem with different methods.
- Solve puzzles and riddles. Build your concentration in studies.
NEET Preparation in Class 8
- If you are starting NEET preparation in class 8, you have 5 years in hand to prepare for NEET. You can continue reading your school textbooks (NCERT preferably).
- Join a NEET foundation program in class 8, where the teachers will teach you all the prerequisites before studying as per NEET syllabus.
- Follow coaching material that helps in clearing your basic concepts and you can practice questions. The material is prepared in such a way that it will cover your school preparation and you’ll be able to learn topics and chapters in more depth.
- Make sure you study to understand the concepts, not just for getting marks. It’s a practice that every student should adopt from a very young age.
NEET Preparation in Class 9
- Class 9 and 10 clears your base for Physics, Chemistry and Biology, which will help you in class 11 and 12.
- Read your Science and Math subjects very carefully. Try to understand things from core.
- Join a NEET foundation course in class 9. Your teachers will give you the right direction and support that helps in developing your skills quite early in your career.
- Clear your concepts regarding the topic. Learn to solve MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions). It will help you in managing time.
- Attempt Olympiads like NSO (National Science Olympiad) and IMO (International Maths Olympiad).
NEET Preparation in Class 10
- In class 10, along with your school syllabus, understand concepts of Physics, Chemistry and Biology. Keep solving problems.
- Prepare for different Olympiads and exams like NTSE where you develop competitive skills that will help you in your NEET Preparation.
- For class 10 students, a foundation course for NEET will be handy, where the objective is to create a strong foundation for NEET along with board preparation.
- Practice more and more MCQs from foundation material.
When you start preparing for NEET in class 8, 9 or 10, you will be always a few steps ahead of most of your competition. Build a strong foundation that will help you in the last 2 years NEET preparation in class 11 and 12.
We’re listening to students.
Have something to say about this article, or any question in mind? Share it with us on Facebook