JEE Advanced 2021 New Registration Dates, Information Bulletin, Eligibility Criteria
Last Updated : September 21, 2021.
Latest News : JEE Advanced 2021 new registration dates announced. Candidates who are eligible to appear for JEE Advanced 2021 either through JEE Main 2021 or by One Time Measure can now register for JEE Advanced from 15th-21th, September 2021 (up to 23:59 IST). See JEE Advanced Important Dates. JEE Advanced 2021 examination will be conducted on October 03, 2021.
IIT Kharagpur has released the Modified Information Bulletin (Brochure) and the list of documents which are required during JEE Advanced 2021 registration. The eligibility criteria for JEE Advanced is revised. No minimum 75% marks and Top 20 percentile needed for admission in IITs. See JEE Advanced 2021 Revised Eligibility Criteria
As a one time measure, IIT JAB has decided to allow all the candidates who had successfully registered to appear in JEE Advanced 2020 but were absent in the exam due to COVID-19 pandemic, to appear in JEE Advanced 2021. These candidates will not have to qualify JEE Main 2021, and will be allowed to directly appear in JEE Advanced 2021. [Verify JEE Advanced Special Eligibility Status]
Best Online Crash Course for JEE 2021 [Score Booster] : Course Details and Admission Process
JEE Advanced 2021 Exam Schedule [Revised Dates]
Examination schedule for JEE Advanced 2021 examination :
|JEE Advanced 2021 Exam Schedule
|JEE Main 2021 [Computer Based Test by NTA]
||February, March, April [Postponed to July 20, 22, 25, 27] and May [Postponed to August 26, 27, 31 and September 1, 2]
|Declaration of JEE Main 2021 Final Results
||2nd week of September 2021
|Registration for JEE Advanced 2021
||September 15, 2021 to September 21, 2021 (23:59 IST)
|Last date for fee payment of registered candidates
||September 21, 2021 (23:59 IST)
|Downloading Admit card for JEE Advanced 2021
||September 25, 2021 (10:00 IST) to October 03, 2021 (up to 9:00 IST)
|JEE Advanced 2021 Exam Date
||3rd October, 2021
Paper 1 : 09:00 – 12:00 IST
Paper 2 : 14:30 – 17:30 IST
|Copy of candidate responses to be available on the JEE (Advanced) 2021 website
||October 05 , 2021 by 17.00 IST
|Online display of provisional answer keys
||October 10, 2021, 10:00 IST
|Feedback and comments on provisional answer keys from the candidates
||October 10, 2021, 10:00 IST to October 11, 2021, 17:00 IST
|Online declaration of final answer keys and results of JEE 2021
||October 15, 2021
|Online registration for Architecture Aptitude Test
||October 15, 2021, 10:00 IST to October 16, 2021, 17:00 IST
|Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT)
||October 18, 2021, 09:00 to 12:00 IST
|Declaration of AAT results
||October 22, 2021
|Tentative Start of Seat Allocation Process
||October 16, 2021
JEE Advanced 2021 New Exam Date
JEE Advanced 2021 new exam date is 3rd October 2021. JEE Advanced 2021 examination will be conducted by IIT Kharagpur in fully computer-based test mode (online exam).
JEE Advanced Examination is conducted for admission into various undergraduate programmes across 23 Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs). Some other Institutes like Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISER), Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST) and Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology (RGIPT) also consider JEE Advanced Ranks for admission.
JEE Advanced 2021 Updated Information Bulletin (Brochure)
JEE Advanced 2021 modified Information Bulletin has been released. Download JEE Advanced 2021 Information Brochure [New version]
Revised Eligibility Criteria for Appearing in JEE Advanced 2021
JEE Advanced 2021 revised eligibility criteria for all candidates, Indian Nationals (including NRI/ PIO/ OCI).
- Performance in JEE Main 2021: The candidate should be among the top 2,50,000* candidates (all categories included) in JEE Main 2021. [JEE Advanced 2021 droppers who successfully registered for JEE Advanced 2020 but are not able to give exam due to COVID-19 situation, are not required to qualify JEE Main 2021. They can directly appear for JEE Advanced 2021.]
The percentages of the total number of candidates for various categories is as follows:
40.5% for GEN (from the common merit list), 10% for GEN-EWS, 27% for OBC-NCL, 15% for SC and 7.5% for ST. Within each of these four categories, 5% horizontal reservation is available for PwD candidates.
*The total number of candidates can be slightly greater than 2,50,000 in the presence of “tied” ranks/scores in any category.
- Number of attempts: A candidate can attempt JEE (Advanced) a maximum of two times and that too in consecutive years. Therefore, JEE Advanced 2021 should be either the candidate’s FIRST attempt OR the SECOND consecutive attempt. [IIT JAB has decided to give an additional attempt option to appear in JEE Advanced 2021 to those candidates who registered for JEE Advanced 2020 but missed out on giving the exam due to COVID-19.]
- Appearance in Class XII (or equivalent) examination: The candidate should have appeared for the Class XII (or equivalent) examination for the first time in all the subjects in either 2020 or 2021. However, if the examination Board of Class XII (or equivalent) declares the results for the academic year 2018-19 after June 2019, then the candidates of that board who appeared for their class XII exam in 2019 are also eligible to appear in JEE Advanced 2021, provided they meet the other eligibility criteria. In case, the examination Board of Class XII (or equivalent) declared the results for the academic year 2018-19 before June 2019 but the result of a particular candidate was withheld, then the candidate will not be eligible to appear in JEE Advanced 2021.
- Age limit: Candidates should have been born on or after October 1, 1996. Five years relaxation is given to SC, ST and PwD candidates, i.e., these candidates should have been born on or after October 1, 1991.
- Earlier admission at IITs: The candidate should NOT have taken admission (irrespective of whether or not he/she continued in the program) OR even accepted admission by paying admission fee at any of the IITs in the past; even candidates whose admission was cancelled are NOT eligible. However, candidates who have been admitted to a preparatory course in any of the IITs in 2020 can appear for JEE Advanced 2021.
The candidates who paid seat acceptance fee in 2020 but (i) did not report at any reporting centre OR, (ii) withdrew before the last round of seat allotment, OR, (iii) had their seat cancelled (for whatever reason) before the last round of seat allotment for IITs, during the joint seat allocation in 2020 are eligible to appear in JEE Advanced 2021.
- Performance in Class 12 (or equivalent) Board Examination : For admission in IITs, a candidate should either be in category wise top 20 percentile in class XII or must have scored at least 75% aggregate marks for general and OBC-NCL or 65% aggregate marks for SC, ST and PwD candidates. [This criteria is removed for JEE 2021 because of the difficulty faced by students in COVID-19 pandemic. Candidates just have to PASS class XII exam with these subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, A language, Any other 5th subject.]
Will the number of attempts for the JEE Advanced be increased for 2021?
No, the number of attempts for JEE Advanced hasn't changed. However, IIT JAB (Apex body of IITs) has decided to give one more chance to JEE Advanced 2020 aspirants (who registered but miss out on giving the exam due to COVID-19 pandemic) to appear in JEE Advanced 2021.
JEE Advanced 2021 Syllabus
See the detailed subject and topic-wise syllabus of JEE Advanced 2021 : JEE Advanced Complete Syllabus
JEE Advanced past years papers are available here: IIT JEE Papers
For any further help in your JEE Advanced preparation, please fill the below form and send your message or query to us.
Related Pages :
JEE Advanced Exam Pattern
IIT JEE Online Test Series
JEE Main Application Form
How to Get EWS (Economically Weaker Section) Certificate for IIT JEE
IIT JEE General FAQs