JEE Main and JEE Advanced Pattern 2019 [New]
2017-18 has been an eventful year with respect to the changes in examination pattern of IIT-JEE. While JEE Advanced has been announced to be conducted completely in online mode from 2018, there have been regular talks about introducing a common engineering entrance examination. Here we will look at JEE Main and JEE Advanced 2019 paper pattern including - JEE Main exam pattern, the process of JEE Advanced 2019 online test, JEE Main and Advanced questions pattern, subject and section wise marks distribution.
Latest News on JEE New Pattern
As per the HRD ministry, the issue of single entrance exam for engineering is still pending and a committee will submit its recommendations. Depending on the recommendation of the committee further decision will be taken for JEE. Meanwhile, the National Testing Agency is ready to take incharge of conducting the JEE Main exam from 2019 onwards.
JEE Advanced 2019 Online Exam Pattern [New]
JEE Advanced 2019 examination will be conducted in online mode only. JEE Advanced will be a computer based test where the questions will appear on a computer screen along with the options. There will be four (or more) options for each question. The candidate has to click one of the options using computer mouse which can be reviewed or re-answered any time during the duration of the examination.
Note : JEE Advanced will be organised by IITs only. So the examination pattern is going to be the same for 2019.
JEE Advanced Online Examination 2019 Tips and FAQs : Students Guide to JEE Advanced 2019 Online Examination
Questions Pattern in JEE Advanced 2019 Online Test
- The JEE Advanced 2019 examination will have two papers (Paper 1 and Paper 2) of three hour duration each. Both the papers are compulsory. Each question paper will consist of three separate sections - Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Detailed topic-wise syllabus of JEE Advanced 2019 : JEE Advanced Syllabus
- All questions are of objective type (multiple choice and numerical answer type) questions designed to test comprehension, reasoning and analytical ability of candidates; Negative marks will be awarded for incorrect answers to some of the questions.
- The number of questions and marks distribution is not fixed in JEE Advanced exam, it likes to surprise IIT JEE aspirants every year!
- The question paper will be in English or Hindi. Candidates must choose question paper language while registering for JEE Advanced
2019. Change of question paper language will not be allowed after the
JEE Main 2019 Examination Pattern [New]
JEE Main 2019 examination for B.E./B.Tech. courses is likely to be conducted in two modes - Offline (Pen and Paper Based Examination) mode and Online (Computer Based Examination) mode.
Related post : JEE Main Offline or Online Mode. Which One to Choose?
The questions in JEE Main 2019 will be Objective type with equal weightage to Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics. Each question is allotted 4 marks for the correct response. One mark will be deducted for marking incorrect response of each question.
Subject wise Questions and Marks Distribution in JEE Main 2019 [Likely]
- Physics: Total 30 Questions of 4 marks each.
- Chemistry: Total 30 Questions of 4 marks each.
- Mathematics: Total 30 Questions of 4 marks each.
The total duration of JEE Main 2019 examination will be 3 hours. There is no time limit for individual sections of the examination.
Online Courses for IIT-JEE Main & Advanced : Fee Details and Admission Process