IIT JEE New Pattern 2018 - JEE Main and JEE Advanced
2017 has been an eventful year with respect to the changes in examination pattern of IIT JEE. While JEE Advanced has been announced to be conducted completely in online mode from 2018, there have been regular talks about introducing a common engineering entrance examination. Currently there are some concerns about common engineering entrance test, so for 2018, JEE Main and JEE Advanced pattern will continue. Here we will look at IIT JEE 2018 test pattern including - JEE Main pattern, the process of JEE Advanced 2018 online paper, JEE Advanced questions pattern, subject and section wise marks distribution.
Latest News on IIT JEE New Pattern
As per the HRD ministry, the issue of single entrance exam for engineering is still pending and a committee will submit its recommendations. Depending on the recommendation of the committee further decision will be taken for JEE 2019. The common engineering entrance test can be conducted twice a year. Meanwhile, the National Testing Agency is ready to take incharge of conducting the JEE exam from 2019 onwards.
Latest updates on IIT JEE new pattern : What Will be the Pattern of Common Engineering Entrance Examination
JEE Advanced 2018 Online Exam Pattern [New]
JEE Advanced 2018 examination will be conducted in online mode only. JEE Advanced will be a computer based test where the questions will appear on a computer screen along with the options. There will be four (or more) options for each question. The candidate has to click one of the options using computer mouse which can be reviewed or re-answered any time during the duration of the examination.
JEE Advanced Online Examination 2018 Tips and FAQs : Students Guide to JEE Advanced 2018 Online Examination
Questions Pattern in JEE Advanced 2018 Online Test
- The JEE Advanced 2018 examination will have two papers (Paper 1 and Paper 2) of three hour duration each. Both the papers are compulsory. Each question paper will consist of three separate sections - Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Detailed topic-wise syllabus of JEE Advanced 2018 : JEE Advanced Syllabus
- All questions are of objective type (multiple choice and numerical answer type) questions designed to test comprehension, reasoning and analytical ability of candidates; Negative marks will be awarded for incorrect answers to some of the questions.
- The number of questions and marks distribution is not fixed in JEE Advanced exam, it likes to surprise IIT JEE aspirants every year!
- The question paper will be in English or Hindi. Candidates must choose question paper language while registering for JEE Advanced
2018. Change of question paper language will not be allowed after the
JEE Main 2018 Examination Pattern [New]
JEE Main 2018 examination for B.E./B.Tech. courses will be conducted in two modes - Offline (Pen and Paper Based Examination) mode and Online (Computer Based Examination) mode.
Related post : JEE Main 2018 Offline or Online Mode. Which One to Choose?
The questions in JEE Main 2018 will be Objective type with equal weightage to Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics. Each question is allotted 4 marks for the correct response. One mark will be deducted for marking incorrect response of each question.
Subject wise Questions and Marks Distribution in JEE Main 2018 [Likely]
- Physics: Total 30 Questions of 4 marks each.
- Chemistry: Total 30 Questions of 4 marks each.
- Mathematics: Total 30 Questions of 4 marks each.
The total duration of JEE Main 2018 examination is 3 hours. There is no time limit for individual sections of the examination.
Online Crash Course for JEE Main and JEE Advanced 2018 : Course Details and Admission Process