JEE Mains 2024 Exam Date Announced by NTA, Latest News, Information Bulletin
Last Updated : September 19, 2023.
Latest News : NTA has announced the JEE Mains 2024 exam dates for session 1 and 2. JEE Mains 2024 Session 1 will be held from 24th January to 1st February, 2024. JEE Mains 2024 Session 2 will be held from 1st to 15th April, 2024
The National Testing Agency (NTA) conducts the JEE Main examination for admission into the undergraduate engineering programs at NITs, IIITs, Other Centrally Funded Technical Institutions and Institutions funded by participating State Governments. Here you will get all the latest news and updates about the JEE Main 2024 exam date, registration, application form, eligibility criteria, information brochure and the notifications from NTA.
Best Online Crash Course for JEE Mains 2024 : Course Details and Admission Process
JEE Mains 2024 Exam Date Session 1
The JEE Mains 2024 session 1 exam will be conducted from 24th January to 1st February, 2024 in computer-based mode by National Testing Agency (NTA).
JEE Mains 2024 Exam Date Session 1 (January)
|JEE Mains 2024 Session 1
|Availability of JEE Mains 2024 Application Form (January Session)
||15 December 2023 to 12 January 2024
|Last date of Application Form and Fee submission (January Session)
||12 January 2024 (up to 11:50 P.M.)
|JEE Mains 2024 Admit Card Download (January Session)
||Third week of January 2024
|JEE Mains 2024 Exam Date January (Session 1)
||24, 25, 28, 29, 30, 31 January, 1st February, 2024
|JEE Mains 2024 Answer Key Release (January Session)
||5 February 2024
|JEE Mains 2024 Result Session 1
JEE Mains 2024 Exam Date Session 2
The JEE Mains 2024 session 2 exam will be conducted from 1st-15th April, 2024 in computer-based mode by National Testing Agency (NTA).
JEE Mains 2024 Exam Date Session 2 (April)
|JEE Mains 2024 Session 2
|Availability of JEE Mains 2024 Application Form (April Session)
||15 February 2024 to 12 March 2024
|Last date of Application Form and Fee submission (April Session)
||12 March 2024 (up to 11:50 P.M.)
|JEE Mains 2024 Admit Card Download (April Session)
||Last week of March 2024
|JEE Mains 2024 Exam Date April (Session 2)
||06, 08, 10, 11, 12 April 2024
|JEE Mains 2024 Answer Key Release (April Session)
|JEE Mains 2024 Result Session 2
JEE Main 2024 Examination [Table of contents]
JEE Main 2024 Information Bulletin (Brochure)
NTA will release the Information Bulletin for JEE Main 2024 in the month of November-December, 2023. Download JEE Main 2023 Information Bulletin to know the details of examination, syllabus, eligibility criteria to appear, examination fee, cities of examination, State code of eligibility, age relaxation, eligibility for admission, reservation policies, etc.
JEE Main 2024 Eligibility Criteria
JEE Main eligibility criteria is revised by NTA. For admissions in NITs, IIITs CFTIs through JEE Main ranks, candidates should have secured at least 75% marks in the Class 12 examination or be in the top 20 percentile in Class 12 examination conducted by respective Boards.
Eligibility Criteria for JEE Main 2024 :
- Only those candidates who have passed their class 12th examination or any equivalent qualifying examination in 2022, 2023 or those who are appearing in 2024 are eligible to apply for JEE Main 2024.
- Candidates should have secured at least 75% marks in the class 12 examination or be in the top 20 percentile in Class 12 examination conducted by the respective Boards. For SC/ST candidates the qualifying marks would be 65% in the Class 12/qualifying examination. The candidate is also required to pass in each of the subjects of Class 12 / qualifying examination.
- There is no age limit for candidates to apply for JEE Main 2024.
- Candidates who have passed Class XII/ qualifying examination in 2021 or before as well as those who will appear in such examination in 2025 or later are not eligible to apply for JEE Main 2024.
- Candidates who appeared in Class XII/ equivalent qualifying examination in 2021, did not pass in 2021, but passed in 2022 are not eligible to apply for JEE Main 2024.
- Candidates must have taken at least five subjects in class 12th/ qualifying examination in order to be eligible for JEE Main 2024.
- A candidate can appear for JEE Main maximum 3 times.
JEE Main 2024 Registration and Application Form
The Registration for JEE Main 2024 is likely to start in December, 2023. Candidates will have to fill and submit the JEE Main 2024 online application form at NTA website.
How to Apply for JEE Main 2024?
Steps to fill the JEE Main application form online :
- Open the NTA JEE Main website.
- Click on "Online Application for JEE Main Session-1 (2024)". It will redirect you to JEE Main application portal.
- Under "Steps to apply online", Click on "New Registration".
- Read the instructions carefully and select the checkbox "I have downloaded Information Bulletin, read and understood all the instructions".
- Proceed to apply online by clicking on "Click here to Proceed".
- Fill the Registration Form, Enter Security Pin and Submit the form.
- Note down the system generated Application Number.
- Complete the Application Form.
- Upload the scanned images of Photograph and Signature in correct specification.
- Pay the Application fee and take a print out of the confirmation page after successful remittance of fee.
Documents Required to Fill JEE Main Application Form:
- Scanned clear passport photograph in JPG/JPEG format (size between 10 kb–200 kb).
- Scanned clear signature in JPG/JPEG format (size between 4 kb–30 kb).
- Aadhar Card OR other ID proof OR Qualifying examination admit card with photograph.
- Class 10 and 12 or equivalent Mark Sheets to fill education details.
- Credit card, Debit card or Net banking details for online fee payment.
JEE Main Application Form Fees
Given below is the application form fee for JEE Main:
|Fee payable for JEE Main
||Exam Centre in India
||Exam Centre outside India
|General/Gen-EWS/ OBC(NCL) [Paper-1 OR Paper-2]
Girls- Rs 800/-
Girls- Rs 4000/-
|SC/ ST/ PwD [Paper-1 OR Paper-2]
Girls- Rs 500/-
Girls- Rs 2500/-
|General/Gen-EWS/ OBC(NCL) [Paper-1 AND Paper-2]
Girls- Rs 1600/-
Girls- Rs 8000/-
|SC/ ST/ PwD [Paper-1 AND Paper-2]
Girls- Rs 1000/-
Girls- Rs 5000/-
JEE Main 2024 Examination Centres
JEE Main 2024 will be conducted in major cities and towns of India as well as abroad (Bahrain, Colombo, Doha, Dubai, Jakarta, Kathmandu, Kuwait, Muscat, Riyadh, Sharjah, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur Malaysia, Abuja/Lagos Nigeria, Canberra, Vienna, Brasilia, Ottawa, Beijing, Hong Kong, Port Luis, Moscow, Cape Town, Bangkok, Washington D.C., Hanoi). While applying, candidates must select four centre cities for the computer-based examination. The list of exam centres are given in the information bulletin of JEE Main. The choice of exam cities will be displayed to the candidates based on the permanent and present address filled in the Online Application Form.
JEE Main 2024 Paper Pattern
In JEE Main paper-1, each section will have 20 Multiple choice questions and 10 Numerical value type questions (candidates have to attempt any five questions out of 10).
Related Page : JEE Main 2024 Paper Pattern.
JEE Main Normalization Process for Compilation of Final NTA Scores
NTA will be conducting examinations on multiple dates, generally in two sessions per day. The candidates will be given different sets of questions per session and it is quite possible that in spite of all efforts of maintaining equivalence among various question papers, the difficulty level of these question papers administered in different sessions may not be exactly the same. Some of the candidates may end up attempting a relatively tougher set of questions when compared to other sets. The candidates who attempt the comparatively tougher examination are likely to get lower marks as compared to those who attempt the easier one. In order to overcome such a situation, “Normalization procedure based on Percentile Score” will be used for ensuring that candidates are neither benefited nor disadvantaged due to the difficulty level of the examination.
See more : How Percentile Scores will be Calculated
JEE Main 2024 - Questions/ Queries from Aspirants
Is 75 percent criteria in class 12 applicable for JEE Main 2024?
Yes, 75 percent criteria in class 12 (or in the top 20 percentile) is required for JEE Main 2024.
Can I write JEE Main session 2 without writing session 1?
Yes, you can write JEE Main session 2 without writing session 1. However, it’s best to appear for JEE Main twice to improve your score and to experience the exam pressure we feel while giving the exam.
Will I be able to register for JEE Main session 2 if I didn't register for session 1?
Yes, you can register for JEE Main session 2 if you didn't register for session 1. You have to fill the online application form for JEE Main session 2 when it's available.
Can I give the 2nd attempt of JEE Mains if I don't sit for the 1st attempt?
Yes, you can give the JEE Main 2nd attempt if you don’t appear for the 1st attempt. It's not compulsory to give both attempts. You can fill an application form for JEE Main session 2 even if you have not applied for session 1.
Do I need to fill a separate application form for each JEE Main session?
No, the candidates are not allowed to fill more than one Application Form. The candidates who have already registered for Session 1 are not required to register again. Those candidates who have not applied earlier, need to apply afresh.
Prepare for JEE Main at Your Home through Live Online Classes from Best Teachers : JEE Online Coaching
Related Pages :
JEE Main 2024 Syllabus [Updated]
JEE 2024 Preparation Strategy
JEE Online Test Series
JEE Main Past Year Papers
JEE Main Online Test - Advantages and FAQs
List of Colleges Considering JEE Main Score for Admission
JEE Advanced Exam Details
How to Get EWS (Economically Weaker Section) Certificate for IIT JEE
For any query and questions about JEE Main examination and preparation, please fill the below form and send it to us. We will get back to you asap.