JEE Main 2022 Registration, Important Dates, Information Bulletin
Last Updated : September 7, 2021.
Note : This page is updated for JEE Main 2022 examination. If you are a JEE 2021 aspirant, then see the updates on NTA JEE Main website.
JEE Main 2022 Examination [Table of contents]
The National Testing Agency (NTA) will conduct the JEE Main 2022 examination four times in a year (February, March, April and May) for admission into the undergraduate engineering programs like B.Tech, B.E, B.Arch, B.Plan at NITs, IIITs, Other Centrally Funded Technical Institutions and Institutions funded by participating State Governments. Students will have the choice of giving the JEE Main exam once or multiple times in a year. If JEE Main is attempted multiple times by a candidate, the best score among all the attempts will be taken for merit list/ rankings.
JEE Main consists of two papers. Candidates seeking admission to B.E./ B.Tech. course have to appear for JEE Main Paper-1, while candidates seeking admission to B.Arch./ B.Planning course have to appear for Paper-2. JEE Main is also the qualifying exam for JEE Advanced, which a candidate has to clear for admission to the undergraduate programmes offered by the IITs.
Here you will get all the details about JEE Main 2022 registration, application form, important dates, information brochure, eligibility criteria, including the latest notifications from NTA.
Prepare for JEE Main at Your Home through Live Online Classes from Best Teachers : JEE Online Coaching
JEE Main 2022 Registration and Application Form
JEE Main 2022 registrations are likely to begin in the month of December, 2021. NTA may release the JEE Main 2022 application form one or two months before the 1st session (February). Candidates can fill the JEE Main application form online at NTA official website. [Bookmark this page to know the latest news and updates about the JEE Main 2022 examination.]
JEE Main 2022 Important Dates (Tentative)
The expected dates for JEE Main 2022 :
|JEE Main 2022
|JEE Main 2022 Registration for February (1st) Attempt
||December 2021- January 2022
|JEE Main 2022 Exam Date - 1st Attempt
|JEE Main 2022 Exam Date - 2nd Attempt
|JEE Main 2022 Exam Date - 3rd Attempt
|JEE Main 2022 Exam Date - 4th Attempt
JEE Main 2022 Information Bulletin (Brochure)
NTA is expected to release the Information Bulletin for JEE Main 2022 in December 2021 or January 2022. Download JEE Main 2021 Information Brochure to know the details of examination, syllabus, eligibility criteria to appear, examination fee, cities of examination, State code of eligibility, age relaxation, eligibility for admission, reservation policies, etc.
How to Apply for JEE Main 2022?
Steps to fill the JEE Main application form online :
- Open the NTA JEE Main Registration website.
- Under "Steps to apply online", Click on "New Registration".
- Read the instructions carefully and select the checkbox "I have downloaded Information Bulletin, read and understood all the instructions".
- Proceed to apply online by clicking on "Click here to Proceed".
- Fill the Registration Form, Enter Security Pin and Submit the form.
- Note down the system generated Application Number.
- Complete the Application Form.
- Upload the scanned images of Photograph and Signature in correct specification.
- Pay the Application fee and take a print out of the confirmation page after successful remittance of fee.
Documents Required to Fill JEE Main Application Form:
- Scanned clear passport photograph in JPG/JPEG format (size between 10 kb–200 kb).
- Scanned clear signature in JPG/JPEG format (size between 4 kb–30 kb).
- Aadhar Card OR other ID proof OR Qualifying examination admit card with photograph.
- Class 10 and 12 or equivalent Mark Sheets to fill education details.
- Credit card, Debit card or Net banking details for online fee payment.
JEE Main Application Form Fees
Given below is the application form fee for JEE Main:
|Fee payable for JEE Main 2021
||Exam Centre in India
||Exam Centre outside India
|General/Gen-EWS/ OBC(NCL) [Paper-1 OR Paper-2]
Girls- Rs 325/-
Girls- Rs 1500/-
|SC/ ST/ PwD/ Transgender [Paper-1 OR Paper-2]
Girls- Rs 325/-
Girls- Rs 1500/-
|General/Gen-EWS/ OBC(NCL) [Paper-1 AND Paper-2]
Girls- Rs 650/-
Girls- Rs 3000/-
|SC/ ST/ PwD/ Transgender [Paper-1 AND Paper-2]
Girls- Rs 650/-
Girls- Rs 3000/-
JEE Main 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Are you eligible for JEE Main 2022? Here is the eligibility and qualification criteria for JEE Main.
- Only those candidates who have passed their class 12th examination or any equivalent qualifying examination in 2020, 2021 or those who are appearing in 2022 are eligible to apply for JEE Main 2022.
- Candidates should have secured at least 75% marks in the 12th class examination or be in the top 20 percentile in the 12th class/ Qualifying examination conducted by the respective Boards. [This criteria may be removed for JEE 2022 because of the difficulty faced by students in COVID-19 pandemic]
- There is no age limit for candidates to apply for JEE Main 2022.
- Candidates who have passed Class XII/ qualifying examination in 2019 or before as well as those who will appear in such examination in 2023 or later are not eligible to apply for JEE Main 2022.
- Candidates who appeared in Class XII/ equivalent qualifying examination in 2019, did not pass in 2019, but passed in 2020 are not eligible to apply for JEE Main 2022.
- Candidates must have taken at least five subjects in class 12th/ qualifying examination in order to be eligible for JEE Main 2022.
- A candidate can appear for JEE Main maximum 3 times.
JEE Main 2022 Examination Centres
JEE Main 2022 will be conducted in major cities and towns of India as well as abroad (Bahrain, Colombo, Doha, Dubai, Kathmandu, Muscat, Riyadh, Sharjah, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur Malaysia, Abuja/Lagos Nigeria). While applying, candidates must select four centre cities for the computer-based examination. The list of exam centres are given in the information bulletin of JEE Main.
JEE Main 2022 Paper Pattern [New]
The JEE Main paper pattern has been changed by NTA. The number of MCQs are decreased and the number of numerical type questions are increased in each section. In JEE Main paper-1, each section will have 20 Multiple choice questions and 10 Numerical value type questions (candidates have to attempt any five questions out of 10). See JEE Main new exam pattern.
JEE Main 2022 - Allotment of Centre, Date and Shift
The allotment of Centre, Date and Shift for JEE Main 2022 exam will be done through computer software as per the decision of the National Testing Agency (NTA).
JEE Main Normalization Process for Compilation of Final NTA Scores
NTA will be conducting examinations on multiple dates, generally in two sessions per day. The candidates will be given different sets of questions per session and it is quite possible that in spite of all efforts of maintaining equivalence among various question papers, the difficulty level of these question papers administered in different sessions may not be exactly the same. Some of the candidates may end up attempting a relatively tougher set of questions when compared to other sets. The candidates who attempt the comparatively tougher examination are likely to get lower marks as compared to those who attempt the easier one. In order to overcome such a situation, “Normalization procedure based on Percentile Score” will be used for ensuring that candidates are neither benefited nor disadvantaged due to the difficulty level of the examination.
See more : How Percentile Scores will be Calculated
JEE Main - Frequently Asked Questions
When will JEE Main 2022 be held?
JEE Main 2022 1st session will be held in February, followed by 3 more sessions in March, April and May.
When to apply for JEE Main 2022?
Candidates can apply for JEE Main 2022 (February session) in the month of December 2021 or January 2022.
Can I take/ give all four JEE Main exams?
Yes, absolutely. You can give all four JEE Main exams. It’s best to appear for JEE Main all four times to improve your score and to experience the exam pressure we feel while giving the exam. You will feel more relaxed with each JEE Main paper you attempt.
How can I apply for all the JEE Main sessions?
Candidates can apply for JEE Main all sessions (February/ March /April /May) together by choosing to appear for all sessions and paying the application fee accordingly in the JEE Main application form.
Do I need to fill a separate application form for each JEE Main session?
No, candidates have to fill one application form for all JEE Main sessions. If you fill up now (for a few sessions), and choses to fill up the application for the other sessions later, the same Application Form will be shown to you later on, once the Application Forms for the later sessions of (March/ April/ May) are started.
Note : Candidates applying for JEE Main should carefully read all the details like eligibility criteria, documents required and fee details to avoid any mistakes while filling the application form for JEE Main.
Related Pages :
JEE Main 2022 Syllabus [Updated]
JEE Main Online Test Series
JEE Main Past Year Papers
JEE Main Online Test - Advantages and FAQs
List of Colleges Considering JEE Main Score for Admission
Coronavirus Impact on JEE
JEE Advanced Exam Details
How to Get EWS (Economically Weaker Section) Certificate for IIT JEE
For any query and questions about JEE Main examination and preparation, please fill the below form and send it to us. Our exam counsellors are available to assist you anytime.