JEE Main 2021 Registration for March Session, Exam Dates, Information Bulletin
Last Updated : February 13, 2021.
Latest News : Candidates appearing for the class 12 Board exams will be allowed to choose the exam date for JEE Main May session, in order to avoid any clash between the board exams and JEE Main. NTA will open the application form for JEE Main from 3rd May to 12th May 2021 (for the May session) asking the candidates to inform the NTA about their class 12 Roll number and name of Board. Read official notice from NTA
The JEE Main 2021 admit card for February exam has been released by NTA. Download now from NTA JEE Main website
JEE Main 2021 will be conducted 4 times in a year from February to May 2021. The JEE Main 2021 first session will be held in February (23-26 Feb) followed by next three Sessions in March, April, and May 2021.
JEE Main 2021 Exam Dates (All Sessions)
The exam dates for JEE Main 2021 in February, March, April and May :
|JEE Main 2021 Session
|Session 1 - February
||23, 24, 25 & 26 February 2021
|Session 2 - March
||15, 16, 17 & 18 March 2021
|Session 3 - April
||27, 28, 29 & 30 April 2021
|Session 4 - May
||24, 25, 26, 27 & 28 May 2021
Best Online Crash Course for JEE Main 2021 [Score Booster] : Course Details and Admission Process
The National Testing Agency (NTA) will conduct the JEE Main 2021 exam multiple times in a year (February, March, April and May) for admission into the undergraduate engineering programs like B.Tech, B.E, B.Arch, B.Plan at NITs, IIITs, Other Centrally Funded Technical Institutions and Institutions funded by participating State Governments. Students will have the choice of giving the JEE Main exam once or multiple times in a year. If JEE Main is attempted multiple times by a candidate, the best score among all the attempts will be taken for merit list/ rankings.
JEE Main consists of two papers. Candidates seeking admission to B.E./ B.Tech. course have to appear for JEE Main Paper-1, while candidates seeking admission to B.Arch./ B.Planning course have to appear for Paper-2. JEE Main is also the qualifying exam for JEE Advanced, which a candidate has to clear for admission to the undergraduate programmes offered by the IITs.
Here you will get all the details about JEE Main 2021 registration, application form, exam schedule, including the latest updates from NTA.
Prepare for JEE Main at Your Home through Live Online Classes from Best Teachers : JEE Online Coaching
JEE Main 2021 Registration for March Session (Apply Online on NTA website)
The registrations for JEE Main 2021 March session are likely to start in the first week of March, 2021.
The important points about JEE Main 2021 registration and application form:
- Candidates have to apply online through JEE Main NTA website.
- Only one application must be submitted by a single applicant. More than one application will get rejected by the NTA.
- Candidates should register through valid email-id and phone number.
- The JEE Main application process will contain various steps like Registration, Filling up of Application form, Image uploading, Online Fee payment and Printing of Application form.
- After completion of the application process, candidates are advised to print the application form and fee payment proof for any further use in future.
- Candidates can edit JEE Main application form during the correction facility provided by NTA.
- Candidates are not required to send/ submit any document(s) including confirmation page to NTA through Post/ Fax/ By Hand.
JEE Main 2021 Information Bulletin (Brochure)
NTA has released the Information Bulletin for JEE Main 2021. Download JEE Main 2021 Information Brochure (containing details of examination, syllabus, eligibility criteria to appear, examination fee, cities of examination, State code of eligibility, age relaxation, eligibility for admission, reservation policies).
JEE Main 2021 February Exam Schedule (Application Dates)
Here are the revised dates for the JEE Main 2021 exam in February.
|JEE Main 2021 February Exam Schedule
|Registration Dates (Online submission of application form)
||16th December, 2020 - 23rd January, 2021
|Last date for fee submission
||24th January, 2021
|Corrections in application form
||27th-30th January, 2021
|Downloading of Admit Cards
||Second week of February, 2021
|Dates of Examinations
||23-26 February, 2021
|Declaration of Results
||Will be announced later
How to Apply for JEE Main 2021 Session in March?
Steps to fill the JEE Main application form:
- Open the NTA JEE Main website.
- Click on "Apply for JEE(Main) 2021".
- Under "Steps to apply online", Click on "New Registration".
- Read the instructions carefully and select the checkbox "I have downloaded Information Bulletin, read and understood all the instructions".
- Proceed to apply online by clicking on "Click here to Proceed".
- Fill the Registration Form, Enter Security Pin and Submit the form.
- Note down the system generated Application Number.
- Complete the Application Form.
- Upload the scanned images of Photograph and Signature in correct specification.
- Pay the Application fee and take a print out of the confirmation page after successful remittance of fee.
Documents Required to Fill JEE Main Application Form:
- Scanned clear passport photograph in JPG/JPEG format (size between 10 kb–200 kb).
- Scanned clear signature in JPG/JPEG format (size between 4 kb–30 kb).
- Aadhar Card OR other ID proof OR Qualifying examination admit card with photograph.
- Class 10 and 12 or equivalent Mark Sheets to fill education details.
- Credit card, Debit card or Net banking details for online fee payment.
JEE Main Application Fee
Given below is the application fee for JEE Main:
|Fee payable for JEE Main 2021
||Exam Centre in India
||Exam Centre outside India
|General/Gen-EWS/ OBC(NCL) [Paper-1 OR Paper-2]
Girls- Rs 325/-
Girls- Rs 1500/-
|SC/ ST/ PwD/ Transgender [Paper-1 OR Paper-2]
Girls- Rs 325/-
Girls- Rs 1500/-
|General/Gen-EWS/ OBC(NCL) [Paper-1 AND Paper-2]
Girls- Rs 650/-
Girls- Rs 3000/-
|SC/ ST/ PwD/ Transgender [Paper-1 AND Paper-2]
Girls- Rs 650/-
Girls- Rs 3000/-
JEE Main 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Are you eligible for JEE Main 2021? Here is the eligibility and qualification criteria for JEE Main.
- Only those candidates who have passed their class 12th examination or any equivalent qualifying examination in 2019, 2020 or those who are appearing in 2021 are eligible to apply for JEE Main 2021.
- Candidate should have secured at least 75% marks in the 12th class examination or be in the top 20 percentile in the 12th class/ Qualifying examination conducted by the respective Boards. [This criteria is removed for JEE 2021 because of the difficulty faced by students in COVID-19 pandemic]
- There is no age limit for candidates to apply for JEE Main 2021.
- Candidates who have passed Class XII/ qualifying examination in 2018 or before as well as those who will appear in such examination in 2022 or later are not eligible to apply for JEE Main 2021.
- Candidates who appeared in Class XII/ equivalent qualifying examination in 2018, did not pass in 2018, but passed in 2019 are not eligible to apply for JEE Main 2021.
- Candidates must have taken at least five subjects in class 12th/ qualifying examination in order to be eligible for JEE Main 2021.
- A candidate can appear for JEE Main maximum 3 times.
JEE Main 2021 - Allotment of Centre, Date and Shift
The allotment of Centre, Date and Shift for JEE Main 2021 exam will be done through computer software as per the decision of the National Testing Agency (NTA).
JEE Main 2021 Examination Centres
JEE Main 2021 will be conducted in major cities and towns of India as well as abroad (Bahrain, Colombo, Doha, Dubai, Kathmandu, Muscat, Riyadh, Sharjah, Singapore). While applying, candidates must select four centre cities for Computer based examination. The list of exam centres are given in the information bulletin of JEE Main.
JEE Main 2021 Examination Pattern [New]
The JEE Main 2021 exam pattern has been changed by NTA. The number of MCQs are decreased and the number of numerical type questions are increased in each section. In JEE Main 2021 paper-1, each section will have 20 Multiple choice questions and 10 Numerical value type questions (candidates have to attempt any five questions out of 10). See JEE Main new exam pattern 2021.
JEE Main 2021 Normalization Process for Compilation of NTA Scores
NTA will be conducting examinations on multiple dates, generally in two sessions per day. The candidates will be given different sets of questions per session and it is quite possible that in spite of all efforts of maintaining equivalence among various question papers, the difficulty level of these question papers administered in different sessions may not be exactly the same. Some of the candidates may end up attempting a relatively tougher set of questions when compared to other sets. The candidates who attempt the comparatively tougher examination are likely to get lower marks as compared to those who attempt the easier one. In order to overcome such a situation, “Normalization procedure based on Percentile Score” will be used for ensuring that candidates are neither benefited nor disadvantaged due to the difficulty level of the examination.
See more : How Percentile Scores will be Calculated
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I register for the JEE Main 2021 March/ April/ May shift after the February exam is over?
Yes, the JEE Main 2021 application window will re-open again after the February exam for a short period. Candidates can register for the JEE Main 2021 March/ April/ May shift by completing the application process.
Can I take/ give all four JEE Main 2021 exams?
Yes, absolutely. You can give all four JEE Main 2021 exams. It’s best to appear for JEE Main all four times to improve your score and for experiencing the exam pressure we feel while giving the exam. You will feel more relaxed with each JEE Main paper you attempt.
How can I apply for JEE Main 2021 all sessions?
Candidates can apply for JEE Main 2021 all sessions (February/March /April /May) together by choosing to appear for all sessions and paying the application fee accordingly in JEE Main application form.
Do I need to fill the separate application form for each JEE Main 2021 session?
No, candidates have to fill one application form for all JEE Main sessions. If you fill up now (for a few sessions), and choses to fill up the application for the other sessions later, the same Application Form will be shown to you later on, once the Application Forms for the later sessions of (March/ April/ May) are started.
Is 75% criteria in class 12 Board exam removed/ relaxed for JEE Main 2021?
Yes, the 75% eligibility criteria in class 12 Board exam is removed/ relaxed for JEE Main 2021. Candidates need to score only passing marks in the qualifying exam.
What will be the competition level of the JEE Main 2021?
The competition for JEE Main 2021 will be increased as many students are likely to take a drop because of COVID-19 situation. The exam pattern of JEE Main 2021 has also been changed by NTA.
Will JEE Main 2021 syllabus also get reduced due to COVID-19?
No, the JEE Main 2021 syllabus is not reduced. However, the NTA has decided to provide choice in one section (Numerical value questions) to rationalize the decision of different Boards across the country regarding the reduction of syllabus.
Note : Candidates applying for JEE Main 2021 should carefully read all the details like eligibility criteria, documents required and fee details to avoid any mistakes while filling the application form for JEE Main 2021.
Related Pages :
JEE Main 2021 Syllabus [Updated]
JEE Main Online Test Series
JEE Main Past Year Papers
JEE Main Online Test - Advantages and FAQs
List of Colleges Considering JEE Main Score for Admission
Coronavirus Impact on JEE
JEE Advanced Exam Details
How to Get EWS (Economically Weaker Section) Certificate for IIT JEE
For any query and questions about JEE Main 2021 examination and preparation, please fill the below form and send it to us. Our exam counsellors are available to assist you anytime.