How to Get EWS (Economically Weaker Section) Certificate for IIT JEE Main and JEE Advanced?
There is a 10% reservation quota for the Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) among General Category candidates in higher education engineering institutes (like IITs and NITs). Let's see how you can get an EWS certificate for JEE Main and JEE Advanced.
Prepare for JEE at Your Home through Live Online Classes from Best Teachers : IIT JEE Online Coaching
The benefit of reservation under EWS can be availed upon production of an "Income and Asset Certificate" issued by a Competent Authority (an officer not below the Tehsildar in the States/UTs).
Note : Income covered all sources i.e. salary, agriculture, business, profession, etc.
The Income and Asset Certificate issued by any one of the following authorities in the prescribed format shall only be accepted as proof of the candidate’s claim as belonging to EWS.
- District Magistrate/Additional District Magistrate/ Collector/ Deputy Commissioner/Additional’ Deputy Commissioner/ 1st Class Stipendiary Magistrate/ Sub-Divisional Magistrate/ Taluka Magistrate! Executive Magistrate/ Extra Assistant Commissioner
- Chief Presidency Magistrate/Additional Chief Presidency Magistrate/ Presidency Magistrate
- Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar
- Sub-Divisional Officer or the area where the candidate and/or his family normally resides.
The Officer who issues the certificate would do the same after carefully verifying all relevant documents following due process as prescribed by the respective State/UT.
Eligibility for EWS (Economically Weaker Section) Quota in IIT-JEE
Whether you are considered as Economically Weak or not, is based on the income and assets of your family. To come under EWS, you will need to satisfy all the criteria listed below.
- You are not availing the reservation for SCs, STs, and OBCs.
- Your family* has a gross annual income below Rs 8 lakh.
- Not having 5 acres of agricultural land and above.
- Not having a residential flat of 1000 sq ft. and above.
- Not having a residential plot of 100 sq. yards and above in notified municipalities.
- Not having a residential plot of 200 sq. yards and above in areas other than the notified municipalities.
*Family income means Parents and Siblings (below the age of 18 years) income only.
Undertaking for Non-Availability of EWS Certificate for JEE 2021
If you belong to the EWS category but don't have an EWS certificate right now, you can upload the below undertaking in JEE Main 2021 application form (conforming to submit the EWS certificate before the end of May 2021). See Appendix-2 in JEE Main FAQs Page.
For any query and questions about JEE online examination and preparation, Please fill the below form and send it to us. Our exam counsellors are available to assist you anytime.
Related Pages :
JEE Main 2021 Application Form
JEE Advanced Exam Details
IIT JEE Syllabus [JEE Main + JEE Advanced]
IIT JEE Exam Pattern
JEE Online Test Series