IIT JEE 2023 Preparation Strategy, Study Plan, Online Coaching
This is a preparation guide for IIT JEE 2023 aspirants. Here we will cover JEE preparation tips, strategy, study plan, timetable and best online coaching to crack JEE Main and Advanced 2023 examination.
IIT JEE 2023 Preparation [Table of contents]
Can I still crack JEE 2023 if I start now?
Yes, you can crack JEE 2023 if you start preparing right now. Study from NCERT textbooks and coaching modules. Avoid using multiple reference books and material at this point of time. See the pattern and questions level of JEE in previous years papers and make your strategy accordingly.
Online Crash Course for JEE Mains 2023
During the last few months before the exam, it's best to join a crash course for JEE Mains 2023 to learn important topics, problem solving tricks and doubts discussion with JEE faculty and experts. Best Online Crash Course for JEE Mains
How to Clear my Doubts for JEE Mains 2023?
You can clear your doubts for JEE Main online from the top faculty and experts in Mystudycart online coaching platform.
How to Start Preparing for IIT JEE 2023?
At the start of JEE preparation, you can focus on learning time management, discipline, following a routine, and clearing basic concepts.
- Start a habit to study every day. With time you will be able to study for long hours without losing concentration.
- Build up your interest in all three subjects - Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- Give up mugging and lay emphasis on understanding concepts and applying them on problems.
- Work on your calculations in terms of accuracy and speed. Try to be accurate as well as fast. This needs practice.
- Improve your analytical skills. Try to solve the same problem with different methods.
"SET THE BALL ROLLING. No matter how or when you start, what is important is that you start. If you start rolling the ball even 3 months prior to the JEE Main, then you would travel much more distance than the ones who are just sitting with the golden ball in their hands. In simple terms you can only get closer to your target if you start moving." - Archit Bajpai (MNNIT, Allahabad).
IIT JEE 2023 Preparation Strategy and Study Plan
- Be consistent. Daily study is the most important skill you need to crack JEE.
- Stay away from social networking sites and other distractions as much as you can.
- Follow a JEE study material but don't undermine the NCERTs. They will cover the basics of all the subjects.
- When studying a topic, read the theory part first and then practice problems. It’s the way to understand concepts in a better way. If you are not able to solve a problem, read the theory again and again till you get the feel of the topic.
- Practice questions a lot. Never ever look at examples or read them. Solve every time. Though everything appears simple, never let the book solve a question for you.
- Make problem solving a habit. If you’re stuck on a harder problem, start solving easier problems. When small problems get resolved, it gives you a feeling of being a winner and pushing you to do more!
- Get all your doubts (small or silly) cleared from the teachers; do not keep them pending and piling up. [IIT qualified experienced teachers are available at the comfort of your home through JEE online courses].
- Write notes, from the start of your preparation, for better revision before the tests. Make separate copies for 1) Theory points, notes, formulas. 2) Practicing questions.
- Take your IIT JEE dreams seriously. Most students don’t. Take them serious enough to become amazing and move beyond mediocre. Get coaching and guidance. You’ll know when you’re ready for the next phase when you attract the right teacher to help you get there.
- Very important point : Have a passion and self motivation to clear IIT JEE. Work hard and maintain consistency throughout your IIT JEE preparation.
- Sleep well. A lack of sleep makes you sluggish and lazy. Ideally you need a minimum 7–8 hours of sleep to get active throughout the day.
Refer to the best timetable for JEE preparation and make adjustments as per the time remaining for the JEE exam.
Subject-wise Study Tips for IIT JEE 2023
- Understanding the concepts and solving problems is the key to score well in JEE Physics. Learn the basics of the subject rather than memorizing the formulas. Be perfect with the concepts. It is a blunder to be able to solve problems without being clear about concepts. Numerical problems and conceptual questions, both are important for JEE.
- Process of solving MCQs in Physics – Always read the theory, then solve all the questions solved by your teacher in class, then solve MCQs from coaching modules, then solve any other book. Directly solving MCQs will not clear all your concepts.
- Practice questions regularly (setting the time limit as an alarm). This will increase your speed of solving, analyzing power and make you fond of concepts and at some time the formulas as well.
- Be careful about the signs (-ve and +ve) and units while solving Physics problems. Strictly avoid calculation mistakes.
- Don’t start to memorize everything in Chemistry. Focus on understanding the fundamental concepts, then it will be easier to memorize other stuff.
- Write all formulas and equations in your notes after completing a chapter.
- Solve problems from NCERT, coaching material. While practicing questions, make sure you understand each step of the problem and why it is necessary.
- In Organic Chemistry, study all reaction mechanisms and remember all named reactions. Make notes of each chapter.
- Practice, practice, practice, is the only key for Mathematics.
- The more you study and practice Math, the more it develops your brain and increases your problem solving ability.
- Give special attention to calculations and time management.
- The concepts and formulas should be at your fingertips. Know every shortcut and formula possible.
IIT JEE 2023 Syllabus [JEE Main + JEE Advanced Revised]
Topic-wise syllabus for JEE Main 2023: JEE Main Syllabus.
New revised syllabus for JEE Advanced 2023: JEE Advanced Revised Syllabus.
Best Books for IIT JEE 2023 Preparation
See the list of books recommended by IITians and teachers for JEE 2023 preparation : Books for JEE.
Along with the above reference books, clear basics from NCERT and your school textbooks of Physics, Chemistry and Math. The better alternative to books is to study from a dedicated JEE study material.
How to Manage JEE 2023 Preparation with Board Exams?
Don't worry, JEE syllabus covers almost all your class 11th and 12th topics/concepts of Physics, Chemistry and Maths. You will be well prepared for school board exams when you study for JEE. If you put your best effort, stay focused and avoid distractions, you can score great marks in both JEE and board exams.
Master both long theoretical answers and fast calculation based problems. You have to be flexible between solving questions for board exams and JEE. Board exams have a step-wise marking scheme, you need to write in points, flowcharts and diagrams are part of the answers. While in JEE, you just want the answer in the shortest possible time with rough calculations.
Solve sample papers before/ during the board exam time. Either during board exams or a month before the exams (as per your preparation level), you need to solve sample papers of your board to practice subjective questions and answers.
"Board exams basically focus on knowledge (more theoretical) whereas JEE basically focuses on the application of knowledge. So when you acquire the knowledge with clear concepts, it will take care of your board exams. For JEE, you further require lots of practice and fast problem solving skills using various tricks." - Abhijeet Mahato (IIT-Kharagpur).
JEE Main 2023 Examination - Questions that Students are Asking
How to prepare for JEE Main 2023 in the remaining months?
Make a list of JEE Main important chapters (class 11 and 12) and create a study schedule to complete them in remaining months. See the pattern and questions level of JEE Main in previous years papers and make your strategy accordingly.
Are there any changes in the JEE 2023 syllabus?
Yes, there are some changes in the JEE Advanced 2023 syllabus. However, the JEE Main 2023 syllabus remains the same as previous years.
Will there be any change in the exam pattern of JEE 2023?
JEE 2023 exam pattern will be the same like previous year. In JEE Main 2023, each subject will have 20 Multiple choice questions and 10 Numerical value type questions (candidates have to attempt any 5 questions out of 10).
Should I take Coaching for IIT JEE 2023?
Yes, you should join coaching for IIT JEE 2023. For school preparation, you may manage by yourself, but for JEE Main and Advanced, you need some kind of guidance and monitoring. Teachers in coaching will help you a lot in the preparation of IIT JEE. In coaching classes, you can ask your doubts, queries, study methods or anything that is getting you trouble.
Best Online Coaching for IIT JEE 2023
Mystudycart provides the best online coaching for JEE (live and two-way interactive online classes). We have an academic pool of some of the best online tutors in India.
Some of the advantages of Mystudycart JEE online coaching are – live classes, recordings of each class for later reference, short batches, personal attention to an individual student, proper counselling, excellent study material, free practice tests, online assessment and regular monitoring.
Abrar Syed (student of Indian School Al Ghubra, Oman) enrolled with Mystudycart for JEE Online Classroom Course.
In this video, Abrar talks about Mystudycart online classes, student understanding, the faculty, study material and online test series.
Do you like to prepare for JEE Main and JEE Advanced 2023 from experienced and highly qualified teachers, right from your home? Book a Free Online Demo Class now.
For queries related to our online courses and scholarship, you may contact us on +91-888-2124-333.