IIT JEE 2023 Preparation Strategy, Study Plan, Online Coaching
This is a preparation guide for IIT JEE 2023 aspirants. Here we will cover JEE preparation tips, strategy, study plan and all other important things to keep in mind to crack JEE Main and JEE Advanced 2023 examination.
IIT JEE 2023 Preparation [Table of contents]
How to Start Preparing for IIT JEE 2023?
At the start of JEE preparation, you can focus on learning time management, discipline, following a routine, and clearing basic concepts.
- Start a habit to study every day. With time you will be able to study for long hours without losing concentration.
- Build up your interest in all three subjects - Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- Give up mugging and lay emphasis on understanding concepts and applying them on problems.
- Work on your calculations in terms of accuracy and speed. Try to be accurate as well as fast. This needs practice.
- Improve your analytical skills. Try to solve the same problem with different methods. Solve puzzles and riddles.
IIT JEE 2023 Preparation Strategy From Class 11
A structured and systematic preparation strategy (as per JEE syllabus) from class 11 helps you in securing a very good rank in IIT JEE 2023. In class 11, learn all the topics and concepts because in class 12 you will find use of most of these topics. It's recommended to join a coaching for JEE preparation as it increases your chances of clearing JEE 2023.
Related Post : Tips to start preparing for JEE from class 11
IIT JEE 2023 Study Plan
- Don’t create a study timetable right away. Set small achievable goals and gradually increase them over time. Once you are in routine and built a habit of consistent studies, then you can make a final timetable for JEE.
- Be consistent. Daily study is the most important skill you need to crack JEE.
- Stay away from social networking sites and other distractions as much as you can.
- Follow a JEE study material but don't undermine the NCERTs. They will cover the basics of all the subjects.
- When studying a topic, read the theory part first and then practice problems. It’s the way to understand concepts in a better way. If you are not able to solve a problem, read the theory again and again till you get the feel of the topic.
- Practice questions a lot. Never ever look at examples or read them. Solve every time. Though everything appears simple, never let the book solve a question for you.
- Make problem solving a habit. If you’re stuck on a harder problem, start solving easier problems. When small problems get resolved, it gives you a feeling of being a winner and pushing you to do more!
- Get all your doubts (small or silly) cleared from the teachers; do not keep them pending and piling up. [IIT qualified experienced teachers are available at the comfort of your home through JEE online courses].
- Write notes, from the start of your preparation, for better revision before the tests. Make separate copies for 1) Theory points, notes, formulas. 2) Practicing questions.
- Take your IIT JEE dreams seriously. Most students don’t. Take them serious enough to become amazing and move beyond mediocre. Get coaching and guidance. You’ll know when you’re ready for the next phase when you attract the right teacher to help you get there.
- Very important point : Have a passion and self motivation to clear IIT JEE. Work hard and maintain consistency throughout your IIT JEE preparation.
- Sleep well. A lack of sleep makes you sluggish and lazy. Ideally you need a minimum 7–8 hours of sleep to get active throughout the day.
Clearing JEE requires a lot of determination, dedication, theoretical in-depth knowledge, your keen interest in topics/ subjects and learning in a smart and efficient way.
Subject-wise Study Tips for IIT JEE 2023
- Understanding the concepts and solving problems is the key to score well in JEE Physics. Learn the basics of the subject rather than memorizing the formulas. Be perfect with the concepts. It is a blunder to be able to solve problems without being clear about concepts. Numerical problems and conceptual questions, both are important for JEE.
- Process of solving MCQs in Physics – Always read the theory, then solve all the questions solved by your teacher in class, then solve MCQs from coaching modules, then solve any other book. Directly solving MCQs will not clear all your concepts.
- Practice questions regularly (setting the time limit as an alarm). This will increase your speed of solving, analyzing power and make you fond of concepts and at some time the formulas as well.
- Be careful about the signs (-ve and +ve) and units while solving Physics problems. Strictly avoid calculation mistakes.
- Don’t start to memorize everything in Chemistry. Focus on understanding the fundamental concepts, then it will be easier to memorize other stuff.
- Write all formulas and equations in your notes after completing a chapter.
- Solve problems from NCERT, coaching material. While practicing questions, make sure you understand each step of the problem and why it is necessary.
- In Organic Chemistry, study all reaction mechanisms and remember all named reactions. Make notes of each chapter.
- Practice, practice, practice, is the only key for Mathematics.
- The more you study and practice Math, the more it develops your brain and increases your problem solving ability.
- Give special attention to calculations and time management.
- The concepts and formulas should be at your fingertips. Know every shortcut and formula possible.
IIT JEE 2023 Syllabus [JEE Main + JEE Advanced]
Check out the topic-wise syllabus for JEE Main 2023: JEE Main Syllabus.
Check out the complete syllabus for JEE Advanced 2023: JEE Advanced Syllabus.
Best Books for IIT JEE 2023 Preparation
See the list of books recommended by IITians and teachers for JEE 2023 preparation : Books for JEE.
Along with the above reference books, clear basics from NCERT and your school textbooks of Physics, Chemistry and Math. The better alternative to books is to study from a dedicated JEE study material.
Things to Avoid in IIT JEE 2023 Preparation
- Procrastination and Backlogs : Procrastination is a lazy habit, you don’t need this in JEE preparation. Finishing work and assignments on time is a habit which helps in achieving your goal. Clear your doubts as soon as possible.
- Excessive TV/ Social media/ Video games: Avoid anything that can take your precious time, JEE preparation needs your focus and dedication, rest of the things can wait.
- Reading too many books: Quality matters more than quantity. The number of books you read is not proportional to your chances of clearing JEE. You need to be aware of what’s in the syllabus and avoid questions which are above the exam level.
- Only mugging and not understanding concepts: Don’t mug up things. Avoid cramming unless it’s some chemistry part or basic formulas.
- Feeling depressed due to low scores in tests: You will improve with each test. Monthly tests or practice tests are just to analyse your understanding and learning. It’s a way to learn from your mistakes.
- Depending only on self study: There is a reason why students who clear JEE give due credit to coaching and teachers for their performance. Teachers in coaching have many years of experience in preparing students for JEE. They will resolve your doubts, correct your mistakes and give you the right direction to achieve results.
Should I take Coaching for IIT JEE 2023?
Yes, you should join coaching for IIT JEE 2023. For school preparation, you may manage by yourself, but for JEE Main and Advanced, you need some kind of guidance and monitoring. Teachers in coaching will help you a lot in the preparation of IIT JEE. In coaching classes, you can ask your doubts, queries, study methods or anything that is getting you trouble.
Joining a two year course for JEE is ideal from class 11. When we enter class 11, there is a huge gap between the level of class 10 and class 11 which has to be filled. Students who join a coaching get good help from teachers and as a result it becomes a lot easier for them to crack JEE exam.
Best Online Coaching for IIT JEE 2023
Mystudycart is an online coaching platform that provides IIT JEE Online Coaching (live and two-way interactive online classes). Considered as one of the best online education providers for IIT JEE, Mystudycart has an academic pool of some of the best online tutors in India.
Some of the advantages of our JEE online coaching are – live classes, recordings of each class for later reference, short batches, personal attention to an individual student, proper counselling, excellent study material, free practice tests, online assessment and regular monitoring.
Abrar Syed (student of Indian School Al Ghubra, Oman) enrolled with Mystudycart for JEE 2 Year Course in class 11.
In this video, Abrar talks about Mystudycart online classes, student understanding, the faculty, study material and online test series.
Do you like to prepare for JEE Main and JEE Advanced 2023 from experienced and highly qualified teachers, right from your home? Book a Free Online Demo Class now.
For queries related to our online courses and scholarship, you may contact us on +91-888-2124-333.