IIT JEE 2022 [Main + Advanced] Study Plan, Preparation Strategy, Online Coaching
This is a preparation guide for IIT JEE 2022 aspirants who are in class 10 right now. Here we will cover JEE preparation tips, strategy, study plan and all other important things to keep in mind for effective JEE 2022 preparation.
IIT JEE 2022 Preparation [Table of contents]
How to Start Preparing for IIT JEE 2022 in Class 10?
At the start of JEE preparation, you can focus on learning time management, discipline, following a routine, and clearing basic concepts.
- Start a habit to study every day. With time you will be able to study for long hours without losing concentration.
- Build up your interest in all three subjects - Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- Give up mugging and lay emphasis on understanding concepts and applying them on problems.
- Work on your calculations in terms of accuracy and speed. Try to be accurate as well as fast. This needs practice.
- Improve your analytical skills. Try to solve the same problem with different methods. Solve puzzles and riddles.
Related Post : 10 Things to Keep in Mind When Starting IIT JEE Preparation
IIT JEE 2022 Preparation Strategy From Class 11
A structured and systematic preparation strategy (as per JEE syllabus) from class 11 helps you in securing a very good rank in IIT-JEE 2022. In class 11, learn all the topics and concepts because in class 12 you will find use of most of these topics. It's recommended to join a coaching for JEE preparation as it increases your chances of clearing JEE 2022.
IIT JEE 2022 Study Plan
- Prepare and follow a daily study schedule covering all three subjects. Do not neglect any subject or give excessive time to one subject.
- First read the theory part and then practice problems. It’s the way to understand concepts in a better way. If you are not able to solve a problem, read the theory again and again till you get the feel of the topic.
- Do not leave any topic that you feel unimportant for the exam. Questions in JEE can come from any topic in the syllabus.
- If you’re less interested in the subject you are studying, then first complete easier chapters and solve problems from them to gain the confidence for learning the difficult chapters.
- Study productively for long hours without lapsing concentration. Take small breaks between study sessions to maintain the efficiency.
- Time management and pattern of solving questions is the key to score well in JEE. It can be only achieved by serious dedicated practice and questions solving.
- Include problem solving in your daily study schedule. Have a reliable goal, something like 20 problems a day and increase your difficulty at regular intervals.
- Write notes along with your studies. You can add important points, shortcuts, formulas, reactions, mistakes, etc. Notes will help you in revision.
- Be regular and punctual in attending all your coaching classes (if you are enrolled in one) and try to maximize this opportunity to resolve all your doubts and queries.
- Avoid backlogs. Whatever is taught in the class, study the same thing from coaching modules after the class. Finish all your homework, assignments, daily practice papers and exercises on time. Don’t keep pending work.
- Always give the coaching tests no matter your preparation level. Analyze your previous tests before giving the next one. Learn from your mistakes.
- Keep on revising your learned topics. IIT-JEE preparation takes a lot of your time. You understand topics, solve problems and old concepts fade away from your mind. For efficient preparation, consistent revision is necessary. Daily revise important points before sleeping.
- Target small goals to achieve big results. JEE syllabus looks huge at start. You need to divide it in modules. Take up one topic at a time and accomplish the goals related to the topic; once that is over, move to the next topic in the syllabus.
- Measure your learning and performance. You need to give tests on a regular basis to check your knowledge, speed, accuracy and time management skills (coaching has pre-scheduled tests).
- Never feel depressed if you are unable to solve questions of a specific topic or a subject. Put all your efforts and hard work to understand the theory and again solve the problems.
Related Post : Top 15 Preparation Tips for JEE Main and JEE Advanced
Here are the steps to make a timetable and daily routine for IIT JEE 2022.
- Think about when you do your best study. Recognize your strengths and how your energy shifts throughout the day and plan your timetable accordingly.
- Write down the topics you want to cover during the week, and try to complete your daily or weekly targets.
- Take small challenges, like for 30 days you will study as per the same routine. It can become a habit that leads you to clear JEE.
- If you are not able to follow your schedule, figure out what went wrong, plan for it, and try again.
- Your timetable should provide flexibility if any subject or topic requires more time than allotted, or when a test is scheduled for the next day.
- Be consistent. Daily study is the most important skill you need to crack JEE.
- Finish your work on time. You should not procrastinate at all.
- Stay away from social networking sites and other distractions as much as you can.
Best Books for IIT JEE 2022 Preparation
Majority of students prefer studying from coaching modules for JEE preparation. The coaching study material is prepared specifically for JEE level concepts and questions.
For a detailed list of best books for JEE 2022 preparation, see this: Recommended books for JEE preparation.
Subject-wise Study Tips for IIT JEE 2022
Make sure your concepts are clear of each topic. Physics is different than other subjects because it is so heavily based upon problem solving. Start by simple problems and then move on to more difficult problems. Solving problems help you gain clear knowledge about the concept.
In Physics, solve a problem, then you change the problem, re-solve it, change it again, re-solve it again. You will start to notice patterns and you start asking more complicated questions and will be able to answer those. You rinse and repeat until you have a conceptual, quantitative and an intuitive understanding of what’s going on.
The more you practice Physics and analyse your mistakes, the better for you. Solve variety of questions from coaching modules. The JEE study material will have all the theory and questions as per JEE level.
In Organic Chemistry, study all reaction mechanisms and remember all named reactions. Make notes while you study each chapter.
For Physical Chemistry, read from NCERT and clear concepts at your coaching institute. After you are done with the chapter, write down all equations from the chapter in a notebook for speedy reference while solving problems.
Complete NCERT thoroughly and you’ll get your basic footing in Inorganic Chemistry. Make precise notes for each chapter.
Mathematics is an art and requires a lot of practice. The questions are of really good quality and will force you to work hard to solve them. The more you study and practice Math, the more it develops your brain and increases your problem solving ability.
In JEE, Math questions are sometimes lengthy and the options are also close enough, so be careful about calculations and time management. The concepts and formulas should be at your fingertips. Know every shortcut possible.
Can an Average Student Crack JEE 2022?
Yes, an average student can crack JEE 2022 provided he/she is ready to work hard with consistency. There have been many average students who cleared JEE with good rank in the past. It is easy to crack JEE if you’re determined, work hard (smart) with impeccable consistency. The necessary problem solving skills you need for JEE can very easily be developed through consistent practice.
With the right kind of guidance and preparation, you can clear both JEE Main and JEE Advanced exams, and it doesn’t matter if you are an average or intelligent student.
Should I Prepare for JEE Main Only OR JEE Main and JEE Advanced Both?
Right from the beginning, you should prepare for both the exams - JEE Main and JEE Advanced. The syllabus is almost the same for JEE Main and JEE Advanced. Both exams test your concepts and problem solving skills. The level of questions will be a little higher in the JEE Advanced. Focus on improving concepts, practice, speed and accuracy to clear JEE.
IIT JEE 2022 Syllabus [JEE Main + JEE Advanced]
JEE Main 2022 Syllabus: Same as Current JEE Main Syllabus.
JEE Advanced 2022 Syllabus: Same as Current JEE Advanced Syllabus.
Will there be any Change in Exam Pattern or Syllabus of JEE 2022?
As of now, there is no change in exam pattern or syllabus of IIT JEE 2022. JEE Main will be conducted by NTA in computer-based mode, twice a year in January and April. JEE Advanced will be conducted by IITs in online mode only. Any new changes in JEE pattern or syllabus (if made for 2022) will be updated on this page.
Should I take Coaching for IIT JEE 2022?
Yes, you should join coaching for IIT JEE 2022. For school preparation, you may manage by yourself, but for JEE Main and Advanced, you need some kind of guidance and monitoring. Teachers in coaching will help you a lot in the preparation of IIT JEE. In coaching classes, you can ask your doubts, queries, study methods or anything that is getting you trouble.
Joining a two year course for JEE is ideal from class 11. When we enter class 11, there is a huge gap between the level of class 10 and class 11 which has to be filled. Students who join a coaching get good help from teachers and as a result it becomes a lot easier for them to crack JEE exam.
Best Online Coaching for IIT JEE 2022
Mystudycart is an online coaching platform that provides IIT JEE Online Coaching (live and two-way interactive online classes). Considered as one of the best online education providers for IIT JEE, Mystudycart has an academic pool of some of the best online tutors in India.
Some of the advantages of our JEE online coaching are – live classes, recordings of each class for later reference, short batches, personal attention to an individual student, proper counselling, excellent study material, free practice tests, online assessment and regular monitoring.
Abrar Syed (student of Indian School Al Ghubra, Oman) enrolled with Mystudycart for JEE 2 Year Course in class 11.
In this video, Abrar talks about Mystudycart online classes, student understanding, the faculty, study material and online test series.
Abrar is fully satisfied with Mystudycart Online Coaching.
Do you like to prepare for JEE Main and JEE Advanced 2022 from experienced and highly qualified teachers, right from your home? Book a Free Online Demo Class now.
For queries related to our online courses and scholarship, you may contact us on +91-888-2124-333.