JEE Advanced 2021 Preparation Strategy + Study Plan + Online Coaching
The preparation strategy and study plan for JEE Advanced 2021 that we are going to cover here. (Click on the link below to go directly to the section you want to read).
What is the JEE 2021 New Exam Pattern?
The JEE Main 2021 exam pattern has been changed by NTA. The number of MCQs are decreased and the number of numerical type questions are increased in each subject. In JEE Main 2021 paper-1, each subject will have 20 Multiple choice questions and 10 Numerical value type questions (candidates have to attempt any five questions out of 10).
JEE Advanced exam pattern is not changed.
Best Online Crash Course for JEE 2021 [Score Booster] : Course Details and Admission Process
COVID-19 Effect on JEE 2021 : Answering Students’ FAQs
What is the revised exam date for JEE Advanced 2021?
JEE Advanced 2021 exam will be conducted on 3rd October, 2021.
What should I study during the remaining period for JEE 2021?
In the remaining period for JEE 2021, make a revision plan to complete the syllabus, improve your weaker areas, practice new mock tests as per JEE pattern, solve previous year questions and join a short online course.
75% minimum criteria in class 12 Board exam removed for JEE 2021?
Yes, the education minister, on 7th & 19th January 2021, has announced that the 75% eligibility criteria in class 12 Board exams is not required for JEE Main and JEE Advanced 2021.
How will COVID-19 affect the JEE coaching and preparation?
Since JEE coaching is available online from last few years, not just in COVID-19, the preparation schedule of the JEE candidate should remain the same. A student must clear all his/ her doubts at home, through online classes. Stay home, stay safe and prepare for JEE via online coaching.
Related Page : Coronavirus Impact on IIT JEE
JEE Advanced 2021 Study Plan and Preparation Strategy
- Commit to your schedule. You should have defined study sessions to ensure you are building your knowledge of the subjects instead of cramming it all in the last minute. Break down your study sessions into 45-60 mins sessions (based on how long you can concentrate) and then take a short break of 5-10 mins. Do things which you like to relax your mind. Only thing to keep in mind is – Time. Be very strict. If you are taking a 10 minute break, stick to it. No extra minutes. Go back to studies.
- Identify your most productive hours. If you remember things and focus better early in the morning, then study more during that time. Studying 10-12 hours each day is not necessary for JEE. A well-concentrated 4-6 hrs of self study, other than coaching time, is sometimes more than enough. Consistency is very important. Instead of studying all night one day and sleeping on the next day, it is better to study for equal hours on both days.
- Clear all the basics in all subjects. Try not to skip topics. If you find any topic boring, then incorporate new effective methods of studying to make it more interesting. You can do this by active learning where you can question yourself, make flowcharts, tables and diagrams etc. [How to Study a Topic in IIT-JEE Preparation?]
- It is important that your basics of almost all the topics are clear and that you can tackle easy or moderate level problems in those topics, because sometimes easier questions may come from the topics which you didn’t prepare that well.
- Understand concepts well and practice problems. You need consistent practice to improve speed and accuracy. Objective questions (MCQs) test your concept thoroughly. If you know that you are not very familiar with the concepts involved in the problem, don’t attempt it, rather study the concept first and then attempt the problem.
- Think of different ways of solving problems. A question does not end with just getting the right answer. Instead, after getting the correct answer, you should think about how else you could have solved that problem. You can also refer to the solution after solving the problem. You may find some other alternative approach to the problem. You have to reach the solution in the fastest possible time. Learn to apply tricks in solving problems. Teachers in coaching will help you.
- Appear for mock tests, and assess yourself regularly. Take a look at each test and analyse if there’s anything you can do to improve your score. The purpose of the periodic tests in coaching is to make you realise your mistakes and not to repeat them in the succeeding tests. "Count the marks you lose due to silly mistakes, conceptual error, wrong interpretation of any question and other mistakes. After every test, compare it with the previous one. This will not only reduce your chance of committing a mistake but also it will motivate you as marks will increase." - Apoorv Agrawal (IIT Indore).
- Resolve your doubts quickly. If you don’t understand anything, ask the same question again and again from your teacher.
- Make your own notes. Making notes is one of the best assets in JEE preparation. It’s easy and convenient to revise handmade notes in your own style and format, rather than revising from thick books and coaching modules. Make a separate notebook for remembering formulas in all three subjects.
- It's very important to go through your class notes each day after class. Things are fresh then and when you revise that time only, the whole scenario starts becoming clear. It's also directly related to your understanding in the class the next day.
- Notebook for mistakes : "Make a notebook containing your mistakes. Whenever you make any mistakes in a mock test or forget a concept or formula etc. note it down in this notebook. As time passes you’ll have a collection of mistakes which you aren’t supposed to commit in exams. Revise from this copy regularly. This would help you score higher." - Ashesh Pradhan (IIT Kharagpur).
- Start revising early. It’s not just after finishing the syllabus or before the exam, revision is a continuous process during regular studies. It must happen daily in some form or other. Include a specific revision slot in your JEE preparation schedule. Don’t procrastinate the revision time for new study.
- Take proper sleep. Compromising on sleep makes you sluggish and lazy. Ideally you need 6–8 hours of sleep to get active throughout the day.
- Be determined. Stay positive. There will be times when you would find it difficult to understand and manage things. Do not give up.
Note : The thing with planning and strategy is that it shouldn’t be time consuming. The time consuming part is action, you actually moving forward, and following the strategy. Don’t get confused with questions like “How to start?”, “From where should I begin?”, “When to study?”. Start with your favourite subject. It will give you confidence to prepare for the JEE exam.
Subject-wise Study Strategy for JEE Advanced 2021
Physics requires logical thinking, a thorough understanding of fundamental concepts and the application of mathematics to solve problems. Physics relies less on memory and more on applying ideas and concepts to solve problems. Understanding the concepts and solving problems is the key to score well in physics. Master the basics of the subject rather than memorizing the formulas. While preparing, keep your concepts clear before you go for questions. Numerical problems and conceptual questions, both are important for JEE.
Golden rule to master physics in JEE : Practice, Practice, and Practice Problems. The objective is to solve so many questions that you start to anticipate which method would likely work best. With experience, you'll be able to see solutions quickly.
For Mathematics, practice is very much important. Formulae should be on your tips. Know every shortcut possible. Mathematics is not just solving, it needs a little visualisation skills too (ex.- graphs and curve sketching).
"Work on the theory really well. At least understand the basic idea. What are we calculating? Why are we doing so? What is its significance? Where is it applied? A working amount of memory is required to recall the formulas and methods. So don’t go in with the expectation that everything is just thought and understanding-oriented. You will have to remember bulk of stuff in the beginning. With time it will eject out as a reflex." - Rajanish Kumar Upadhyay (IIT Mandi).
The best way to study Organic Chemistry for JEE is to learn by understanding and then revising it again and again. Write a summary of important points. Start with the basics and then move ahead with complex concepts. Practice problems each time when you study a topic. Make a separate notebook for named reactions & their mechanism and revise it daily.
For Physical Chemistry, Read from NCERT and have your concepts clarified at your coaching institute. To become good at Physical Chemistry you need to develop problem solving skills. Be thorough with all the formulae. You should know all the formulas of chemical bonding, equilibrium, kinetics, radioactivity etc. Solving a lot of problems in Physical Chemistry helps.
Inorganic Chemistry involves a lot of memorization. Study NCERT properly. Make precise notes for each chapter. You might think it is a waste of time right now to maintain so many notes but they’ll prove indispensable for your JEE revision.
Related Post : How to Study Chemistry for IIT-JEE (Main and Advanced)
JEE Advanced 2021 Syllabus Reduced?
No, the JEE Advanced 2021 syllabus is not reduced.
JEE Advanced 2021 Syllabus [Section and Topic-wise] : JEE Advanced Syllabus
Recommended Books for JEE Advanced Preparation
See the list of books recommended by IITians and teachers for JEE Advanced preparation : Reference books for JEE preparation
You may not be required to study from too many books if you follow a good JEE study material of a coaching. The study material is prepared specifically for JEE level concepts and questions.
Best Online Coaching for JEE Advanced
A team of experienced and qualified teachers (including IITians) will teach you online using a computer/ laptop and internet connection. Mystudycart online classes are live and interactive that allows 2-way communication between teacher and student. It’s like a normal classroom where you will be able to interact with the teacher and can ask your doubts. The batch calendar will be given to you in advance. The hard copy study material will be delivered to your home after the enrollment, and a free online test series will also be provided for solving mock tests.
Attractive scholarships, regular counselling, continuous online help from subject and exam experts, customized sessions are some of the key advantages of our IIT JEE Online Coaching. Personal attention and monitoring are the hallmarks of our online sessions. We are having not more than 20 students in a batch, which allows our teachers to carefully monitor the progress of each student.
One of the benefits of joining Mystudycart is that if you are not enrolled in a regular online classroom course, you can purchase a customized package (which includes only the topics or chapters you want to study). You’ll be allotted the number of hours that are required to complete your topics.
Student Review of Mystudycart Online Coaching