NEET-UG 2020 Application Form Registration FAQs
Last Updated : January 20, 2020.
Note : Online Registration for NEET-UG 2020 is over now.
Online Crash Course for NEET 2020 : Course Details and Admission Process
Here we are answering all the questions and queries of NEET aspirants about NEET 2020 application form and online registration.
When will the NEET-UG 2020 application form be released?
NEET-UG 2020 application form will be released by NTA on 2nd December 2019. You can fill NEET 2020 online application form from 2nd December 2019 to 6th January 2020.
How can I apply for NEET exam 2020?
You can apply for NEET 2020 by going to NTA NEET website and completing the application process. First you have to register, then fill the NEET application form and pay the required fee. You can follow the simple steps given below to apply for NEET 2020 exam.
What are the steps to fill out the NEET 2020 application form?
Given below are the steps to fill out the NEET 2020 application form.
- Open the NTA NEET website.
- Click on "Fill Application Form".
- Read the instructions carefully and select the checkbox "I have read and understood all the instructions mentioned above and in the Information Bulletin.".
- Proceed to apply online by clicking on "PROCEED TO APPLY ONLINE NEET (UG) - 2020".
- Fill the Registration Form, Enter Security Pin and Submit the form.
- Note down the system generated Application Number.
- Complete the Application Form.
- Upload the scanned images of Photograph (passport and postcard size), Signature, thumb impression in correct specification. (Retain at-least 4-6 copies of identical passport size and postcard size photographs for future reference).
- Pay the Application fee and take a print out of the confirmation page after successful remittance of fee. (Retain proof of fee paid, i.e. Bank transaction details supported by confirmation page for future reference).
What is the application fee of NEET 2020?
Given below is the application fee of NEET 2020:
|Category of Applicant
||Fee payable for NEET 2020
|SC/ ST/ PwD/ Transgender
What is the last date of NEET 2020 Registration?
The last date of NEET 2020 registration is 6th January 2020.
What is the eligibility/ qualification to apply for NEET 2020?
Here is the eligibility and qualification criteria to apply for NEET 2020.
- He/she has completed the age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete that age on or before 31st December of the year of his/her admission to the 1st year MBBS/BDS Course.
- There is no upper age limit for candidates to apply for NEET 2020.
- The candidate must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Bio-technology at the qualifying examination.
- Students appearing in Class XII examination in 2020 can appear for the NEET-UG 2020 entrance test provisionally subject to their fulfilling the conditions later.
- For Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribes or Other Backward Classes, the marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Bio-technology taken together in qualifying examination be 40% instead of 50% for General candidates.
Is Aadhaar mandatory for the application of the NEET 2020?
No, Aadhaar is not mandatory for the application of the NEET 2020. Candidates can use any Government identity proof such as passport, voter-ID, pan card, ration card, etc. and can also use qualifying examination admit card with photograph to fill the NEET 2020 application form.
Which NEET Qualifying Examination Code to fill in NEET 2020 application form?
While filling out the application form for NEET-UG, the aspirants get confused about which examination code to choose. Here is the clear explanation of NEET 2020 qualifying examination codes.
What should I write in 'Domicile State Code' in NEET application form?
Domicile State Code means the code of the State where the candidate is born OR has passed/appearing in class XII (equivalent qualifying examination). Foreign Nationals will select the name of their country. You can find the list of States/UTs and their codes in NEET 2020 information bulletin.
What are the documents required for NEET 2020 registration?
The documents required for NEET 2020 registration are:
- Scanned latest passport size photograph in JPG/ JPEG format (size between 10 kb to 200 kb).
- Scanned postcard size photograph in JPG/ JPEG format (4"X6") (size between 50 kb - 300 kb).
- Scanned clear signature in JPG/ JPEG format (size between 4 kb to 30 kb).
- Left hand thumb impression (In case of any eventuality of left hand thumb being unavailable, right hand thumb impression may be used.) - file size: 10 kb to 50 kb)
- Aadhar Card OR other ID proof OR Qualifying examination admit card with photograph.
- Class 10 and 12 or equivalent Mark Sheets to fill education details.
Should I apply in EWS category as only 10% seats are available under EWS category?
Yes, you should apply in EWS category if you are eligible. If 10% seats reserved for EWS category are finished, and General category seats are available, then you are also eligible for the general category seats.
How can I apply in EWS category for NEET 2020?
While applying in EWS category for NEET 2020, you have to choose the category in application form as "General-EWS" (Eligibility for NEET EWS Quota). You don't need to upload your EWS certificate in the NEET online application form.
What if I am not able to produce EWS certificate during NEET counselling? Will my admission get cancelled in that case?
If one is not able to produce EWS certificate during NEET counselling, his/ her admission will not get cancelled, instead he/ she will be counted under General category.
What to fill in the NEET application form if I am applying for the improvement exam - Passed or Appearing?
If you are applying for the improvement in class 12/ qualifying exam, then just fill "Appearing" in the NEET application form (if you have not got the minimum percentage in class 12/ qualifying exam that is required for admission).
How can I edit my NEET 2020 application form?
You can edit your NEET 2020 application form during correction facility provided by NTA. To find exact dates of correction i.e. change of particulars in NEET application form, check out NEET latest information page.
I am not seeing the Confirmation Page after filling the NEET 2020 application form. What should I do?
Check the status of Fee payment. If the status is OK, the candidate will be able to take the print out of Confirmation Page. If not OK, it means that transaction is cancelled and the amount will, automatically, be refunded to concerned credit/debit card within 15 days by the concerned bank. Therefore, such candidates have to pay the fee once again and ensure the fee status is OK.
By mistake I filled wrong information in NEET 2020 application form, what should I do now?
Don't worry, you can rectify your mistake in NEET application form during one time correction facility. See the exact dates of NEET correction facility. You can correct all data (particulars) during NEET one time correction window.
Should I submit another form if I entered the wrong information in the NEET 2020 application form?
No. Only one NEET application form is to be submitted by a candidate. More than one application i.e. multiple application forms submitted by a candidate will be rejected. You can edit your application form and provide right details during NEET correction facility.
How can I make a correction in the NEET 2020 application form?
After the NEET 2020 application process is over, the NTA will open the application form correction window. It's the one time opportunity to make all your corrections in NEET application form. To get the notification about opening of NEET 2020 correction window, follow our facebook page.
Do I need to send NEET 2020 filled application form/ confirmation page to NTA?
NEET 2020 entire application process is online. Candidates are not required to send/submit any document(s) including confirmation page to NTA through Post/ Fax/ By Hand.
You can contact NTA Help Desk (0120-6895200) for any queries related to NEET 2020 registration and application form. Alternatively, you can email your query to email@example.com.
If you have any other question or query related to NEET 2020 preparation, send it to us via the below form.