NEET-UG 2019 Examination Pattern
Candidates preparing for NEET 2019 should be aware of the NEET Exam Pattern which can help them to prepare better for the examination. Here we are providing very useful information for NEET-Medical aspirants i.e. NEET 2019 examination pattern including any new changes in NEET pattern, questions type and pattern, subject or section wise marks distribution. In the end, we will see what should be the ideal preparation strategy for solving questions in NEET 2019.
What is the Exam Pattern of NEET-UG 2019?
Is there any change in exam pattern of NEET 2019?
UPDATE on August 21, 2018 : HRD ministry has reverted the decision of conducting NEET 2019 twice a year in computer-based mode. NEET 2019 will be a single exam in pen and paper mode, just like previous years.
Questions Pattern in NEET 2019 Exam
- The NEET-UG 2019 examination will have one paper of 3 hour duration. The NEET 2019 question paper will consist of three separate sections - Physics, Chemistry and Biology. Detailed topic-wise syllabus of NEET 2019 : NEET Syllabus
- NEET question paper will have total 180 questions of Physics, Chemistry and Biology. 45 each in Physics & Chemistry, and 90 questions from Biology (Botany, Zoology).
- All questions are of objective type (multiple choice questions); each question with choice of four answers, only one being correct choice. Each question carry 4 marks for every correct answer. There is also negative marking, deducting 1 mark for every wrong answer.
- The question paper will be in English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Oriya and Urdu. Candidates must choose question paper language while filling in the application form for NEET-UG 2019. Change of question paper language will not be allowed after the registration.
Subject wise Questions and Marks Distribution in NEET 2019 Examination
- Physics: Total 45 Questions of 4 marks each.
- Chemistry: Total 45 Questions of 4 marks each.
- Biology (Botany and Zoology): Total 90 Questions of 4 marks each.
The total duration of NEET-UG 2019 examination is 3 hours. There is no time limit for individual parts of the exam.
Ideal Preparation Strategy for Solving Questions in NEET 2019
Revise everything. If you have doubts pending in some key topics, clear them. It’s not a good practice to ignore any topic just because you think it’s too hard. You should have general idea about every chapter. Solve NEET past year papers and mock tests. The objective is to have enough practice in solving problems and improving the speed.
For maximum score in NEET 2019, you need to focus on time management and pattern of solving questions. This can be only achieved by serious dedicated practice and questions solving.
Online Crash Course for NEET 2019 Exam : Course Details and Admission Process