NEET-UG 2018 Examination Pattern
Candidates preparing for NEET 2018 should be aware of the NEET Exam Pattern which can help them to prepare better for the examination. Here we are providing very useful information for NEET-Medical aspirants i.e. NEET 2018 examination pattern including any new changes in NEET pattern, questions type and pattern, subject or section wise marks distribution. In the end, we will see what should be the ideal preparation strategy for NEET 2018 in coming months.
What is the exam pattern of NEET-UG 2018?
NEET 2018 examination will be conducted by CBSE in Pen and Paper (offline mode) format only. Candidates will have to mark their responses in OMR answer sheet provided using a ballpoint pen. Is there any change in exam pattern of NEET 2018? No, it will be the same like last year. Some more languages can be added to NEET 2018, and the NEET question paper will be same for all languages.
Questions Pattern in NEET 2018 Exam
- The NEET 2018 examination will have one paper of 3 hour duration. The NEET 2018 question paper will consist of three separate sections - Physics, Chemistry and Biology. Detailed topic-wise syllabus of NEET 2018 : NEET Syllabus
- NEET question paper will have total 180 questions of Physics, Chemistry and Biology. 45 each in Physics & Chemistry, and 90 questions from Biology (Botany, Zoology).
- All questions are of objective type (multiple choice questions); each question with choice of four answers, only one being correct choice. Each question carry 4 marks for every correct answer. There is also negative marking, deducting 1 mark for every wrong answer.
- The question paper will be in English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Oriya and Urdu. Candidates must choose question paper language while filling in the application form for NEET-UG 2018. Change of question paper language will not be allowed after the registration.
Subject wise Questions and Marks Distribution in NEET 2018 Examination
- Physics: Total 45 Questions of 4 marks each.
- Chemistry: Total 45 Questions of 4 marks each.
- Biology (Botany and Zoology): Total 90 Questions of 4 marks each.
The total duration of NEET-UG 2018 examination is 3 hours. There is no time limit for individual parts of the exam.
Ideal Preparation Strategy for NEET 2018 in coming months
Revise everything. If you have doubts pending in some key topics, clear them. It’s not a good practice to ignore any topic just because you think it’s too hard. You should have general idea about every chapter. Solve NEET past year papers (If not done yet) and mock tests. The objective is to have enough practice in solving problems and improving the speed.
For maximum score in NEET 2018, you need to focus on time management and pattern of solving questions. This can be only achieved by serious dedicated practice and questions solving.
Joining a short crash course for NEET 2018 will be handy for you, where you can clear your doubts from experienced teachers and practice online mock tests for NEET.