NEET-UG 2023 Exam Date, Application Form, Information Bulletin
Last Updated : October 31, 2022.
Latest News : NEET-UG 2023 exam is likely to be conducted in May, Application form available from March. NEET-UG 2023 Exam Date and Schedule
The NTA (National Testing Agency) conducts the NEET exam in pen-paper mode once a year in the month of May (delayed for 2022). NEET-UG is a common medical entrance examination for Admission to MBBS and BDS courses in all medical colleges (including AIIMS and JIPMER) around the country.
Here you will get all the details about NEET 2023 exam date, registration, application form, how to apply for NEET, eligibility criteria and the latest updates from NTA.
NEET 2023 Examination [Table of contents]
NEET-UG 2023 Exam Date and Schedule
NEET-UG 2023 examination is expected to be conducted on the first Sunday of May by NTA in pen-paper mode. NEET 2023 exam date can be delayed to June-July, if required as per situation, like previous years.
Here is the likely exam schedule for the NEET 2023 exam :
|NEET 2023 Exam Schedule
|NEET Registration (Online submission of NEET application form)
|Date of NEET Examination
||7th May, 2023 (Expected Date)
Prepare for NEET at Your Home through Live Online Classes from Best Teachers : NEET Online Coaching
NEET 2023 Information Bulletin [Brochure]
NEET 2023 Information Bulletin is expected to be released in March, 2023. Download NEET 2022 Information Bulletin to know the detailed information regarding the Test, syllabus, eligibility criteria for age, reservation, categorisation of seats, examination fee, cities of examination, State Code, etc.
NEET 2023 Application Form and Registration
The important points about NEET application form:
- Candidates have to apply online through NEET NTA website.
- Only one application must be submitted by a single applicant. More than one application will get rejected by the NTA.
- Candidates should register through a valid email-id and phone number.
- The NEET application process will contain various steps like Registration, Filling up of Application form, Image uploading, Online Fee payment and Printing of Application form.
- After completion of the application process, candidates are advised to print the application form and fee payment proof for any further use in future.
- Candidates can edit NEET application form during the correction facility provided by NTA.
- Candidates are not required to send/ submit any document(s) including confirmation page to NTA through Post/ Fax/ By Hand.
How to Apply for NEET Online?
Steps to fill out the NEET online application form.
- Open the NTA NEET website.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on "Registration for NEET(UG)".
- Under "Steps to apply online", click on "New Registration".
- Read the instructions carefully and select the checkbox "I have downloaded the Information Bulletin of NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST (UG) 2023, read and understood all the Instructions therein as well as those mentioned above, and fill up the online Application Form for the NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST (UG) 2023 accordingly."
- Proceed to apply online by clicking on "Click here to Proceed".
- Fill the Registration Form, Enter Security Pin and Submit the form.
- Note down the system generated Application Number.
- Complete the Application Form.
- Upload the scanned images of Photograph (passport and postcard size), Signature, thumb impression in correct specification. (Retain at-least 4-6 copies of identical passport size and postcard size photographs for future reference).
- Pay the Application fee and take a print out of the confirmation page after successful remittance of fee. (Retain proof of fee paid, i.e. Bank transaction details supported by confirmation page for future reference).
NEET 2023 Application Fee
Given below is the application fee for NEET :
|Category of Applicant
||In India (Fee in ₹)
||Outside India (Fee in ₹)
|SC/ ST/ PwD/ Transgender
Documents Required to Fill NEET Application Form
The documents required to fill NEET application form:
- Scanned latest passport size photograph in JPG/ JPEG format (size between 10 kb to 200 kb).
- Scanned postcard size photograph in JPG/ JPEG format (4"X6") (size between 10 kb - 200 kb).
- Scanned clear signature in JPG/ JPEG format (size between 4 kb to 30 kb).
- Left and Right hand Fingers and Thumb impressions
- Aadhar Card OR other ID proof OR Qualifying examination admit card with photograph.
- Class 10 passed certificate in PDF format (size: 50 kb to 300 kb)
- Class 10 and 12 or equivalent Mark Sheets to fill education details.
- [If Eligible] Category certificate (SC/ST/OBC/EWS etc.) in PDF format (file size: 50 kb to 300 kb)
- [If Required] Citizenship Certificate/ Embassy Certificate or any Documentary proof of Citizenship certificate in PDF format (file size: 50 kb to 300 kb)
- Credit card, Debit card or Net banking details for online fee payment.
NEET 2023 Exam Pattern
NTA and NMC (National Medical Commission) have made some changes in the NEET-UG exam pattern. To rationalize the decision of reduction in the syllabus by various School Education Boards, the NTA has taken the decision to provide choice in Section “B” for each of the 4 (four) subjects. The duration of the NEET examination will be 200 minutes (03 hours 20 minutes) from 02:00 PM to 05:20 PM (IST). See NEET New Exam Pattern.
National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) will be held in 13 languages i.e. English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Odia, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, and Urdu.
NEET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Are you eligible for NEET 2023? Here is the eligibility and qualification criteria for NEET.
- Indian Nationals, Non-Resident Indians (NRIs), Overseas Citizen of India (OCI), Persons with Indian Origin (PIO) & Foreign Nationals are eligible to appear in NEET.
- He/ she has completed the age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete that age on or before 31st December of the year of his/ her admission to the 1st year MBBS/ BDS Course.
- There is no upper age limit for candidates to apply for NEET-UG.
- The candidate must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Bio-technology at the qualifying examination.
- Students appearing in Class XII examination in 2023 can appear for the NEET 2023 entrance test provisionally subject to their fulfilling the conditions later.
- For Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribes or Other Backward Classes, the marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Bio-technology taken together in the qualifying examination will be 40% instead of 50% for General candidates.
- Indian Citizens/ Overseas Citizens of India intending to pursue MBBS/ BDS from a foreign Medical/ Dental Institute need to qualify NEET 2023.
NEET 2023 Examination Centres
NEET 2023 will be conducted in major cities and towns of India and abroad (UAE, Qatar, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Oman, Malaysia, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Thailand, Nigeria). The list of exam centres are given in the information bulletin of NEET-UG. Good news for NEET aspirants in Middle East : NTA added Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Riyadh, Doha, Kuwait City, Muscat, Manama to the examination centres (Outside-India) for NEET-UG.
NEET 2023 Examination FAQs
When will the NEET 2023 application form be released?
NEET 2023 online application form is expected to be available in the month of March, 2023. Candidates can fill up the NEET application form at NTA NEET website.
What is the NEET 2023 confirmed exam date?
NEET 2023 confirmed exam date is not announced by NTA. NEET 2023 is likely to be conducted on the first Sunday of May.
What is the age limit for NEET 2023?
Lower age limit for NEET 2023 : Candidate should be 17 years old on or before 31st December 2023. There is no upper age limit for NEET 2023.
What is the attempt limit for NEET 2023?
Candidates can attempt the NEET exam any number of times. There is no attempt limit to apply for NEET 2023.
Related Pages :
NEET Syllabus [Updated]
FAQs on New Changes in NEET
NEET 2023 Preparation Strategy
NEET Online Test Series
NEET Past Year Papers
EWS Quota in Medical Colleges
NEET Qualifying Examination Codes
NEET General FAQs
For any query and questions about NEET examination and preparation, please fill the below form and send it to us. Our exam counsellors are available to assist you anytime.