EWS Quota in Medical Colleges - How to Get EWS Certificate for NEET?
There is a 10% reservation quota for the Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) among General Category candidates in medical colleges (admissions on the basis of NEET-UG). If 10% seats reserved for EWS category are finished, and General category seats are available, then candidates are eligible for the general category seats also. Let's see how you can get an EWS certificate for NEET.
Prepare for NEET at Your Home through Live Online Classes from Best Teachers : NEET Online Coaching
How to Get EWS (Economically Weaker Section) Certificate for NEET?
The benefit of reservation under EWS can be availed upon production of an "Income and Asset Certificate" issued by a Competent Authority (an officer not below the Tehsildar in the States/UTs).
Note : Income covered all sources i.e. salary, agriculture, business, profession, etc.
The Income and Asset Certificate issued by any one of the following authorities in the prescribed format shall only be accepted as proof of the candidate’s claim as belonging to EWS.
- District Magistrate/Additional District Magistrate/ Collector/ Deputy Commissioner/Additional’ Deputy Commissioner/ 1st Class Stipendiary Magistrate/ Sub-Divisional Magistrate/ Taluka Magistrate! Executive Magistrate/ Extra Assistant Commissioner
- Chief Presidency Magistrate/Additional Chief Presidency Magistrate/ Presidency Magistrate
- Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar
- Sub-Divisional Officer or the area where the candidate and/or his family normally resides.
The Officer who issues the certificate would do the same after carefully verifying all relevant documents following due process as prescribed by the respective State/UT.
Eligibility for EWS (Economically Weaker Section) Quota in NEET
Whether you are considered as Economically Weak or not, is based on the income and assets of your family. To come under EWS, you will need to satisfy all the criteria listed below.
- You are not availing the reservation for SCs, STs, and OBCs.
- Your family* has a gross annual income below Rs 8 lakh.
- Not having 5 acres of agricultural land and above.
- Not having a residential flat of 1000 sq ft. and above.
- Not having a residential plot of 100 sq. yards and above in notified municipalities.
- Not having a residential plot of 200 sq. yards and above in areas other than the notified municipalities.
*Family income means Parents and Siblings (below the age of 18 years) income only.
Note : While applying in EWS category for NEET, you have to choose the category in application form as "General-EWS". You don't need to upload your EWS certificate in the NEET online application form. It will be verified at the Counselling by concerned Central/ State Counselling Authority. If one is not able to produce an EWS certificate during counselling, his/ her candidature will not get cancelled, instead he/ she will be counted under General category.
Related Pages :
NEET 2021 Application Form
NEET 2021 Preparation Strategy
NEET 2021 Online Test Series
NEET Past Year Papers
For any query and questions about NEET examination and preparation, Please fill the below form and send to us. Our exam counsellors are available to assist you anytime.