NEET-UG 2024 Preparation Strategy, Study Plan, Online Coaching
This is a complete guide for NEET 2024 where you get to know how to start the NEET preparation, the ideal strategy, study plan, subject-wise tips, recommended books and online coaching.
NEET 2024 Preparation [Table of Contents]
How to Start Preparing for NEET 2024?
Here are the tips to start preparing for NEET 2024 :
- Print the syllabus of NEET and keep it with you till the exam.
- Choose the books and material required for NEET preparation.
- Identify your best study times and make a timetable accordingly.
- Remove all unnecessary distractions and make a habit of studying every day at the same time.
- Make notes from the start of your preparation.
- Do homework/ assignments on time and avoid backlogs.
- Keep revising what you are studying.
- Analyse your tests and learn from mistakes.
- Stay disciplined and consistent.
Related Post : Strategy to Start Preparing for NEET at Home
NEET Preparation After Class 10 Board Exams
Many students start their NEET preparation just after the class 10 board exams. There is no point in wasting time waiting for the board results. Take a week off, if required to refresh your mind, and then start your NEET preparation journey. Most of the coaching providers start their NEET 2 year batches just after the board exams.
NEET 2024 Preparation Strategy in Class 11
Class 11 syllabus is the base that helps in covering class 12 syllabus for NEET. It's recommended to join a coaching in class 11 for NEET preparation as it increases your chances of getting a good rank in NEET 2024. Be regular with your study schedule and classes. Reading from NCERT books, solving questions every day, doubt removals, revising topics, improving speed and accuracy, regular tests, following your teachers advice, are some of the key things which you need to focus on in class 11 to crack NEET 2024.
Related Post : Tips for Starting NEET Preparation in Class 11
NEET 2024 Study Plan
- Identify your most productive hours by studying at various times in a day like early morning, day or night time. These hours will give you the best output. You have to be completely focused on your preparation. Get rid of any distraction that affects your studies.
- Break down your study sessions into 30 mins or 45 mins or 60 mins sessions (based on how long you can concentrate) and then take short breaks of 5 mins, 10 mins, 15 mins respectively. Small mental breaks will actually help you stay focused on your task.
- Make sure your goals are clear (they can be short ones like finishing a topic or a chapter), and your plans are well thought out and most importantly, that you have a schedule for every day during your preparation. If you miss out on your schedule one day, make up for it the next day. Achieve your goals for the week as you planned.
- NEET tests your basics. Without this ground step, you cannot rise high. Be really thorough with the concepts. You can use NCERT or a coaching study material for understanding theory and solving problems.
- Read NCERT line by line. Examples, summary, diagrams are very important for NEET. Use Mnemonics to remember difficult words, phrases and statements.
- If you are not able to learn a topic or concept, read the theory again and again till you get the feel of the topic. Learn topics and solve questions that are within the NEET syllabus. Don’t go deep into something which is not required.
- Think of different ways of solving problems. After solving a question, refer to the solution to find if there is a better way to solve the question. Develop a habit of solving questions in a time limit from the beginning itself. It helps.
- You have to Practice a lot. This is one of the most important things which plays a great role in one’s NEET preparation. It will help you improve your concept application power and will also gradually develop confidence in you that, “Yes! I can answer any question from this topic now, whether it is easy or difficult.”
- Give regular tests to improve speed, accuracy and time management skills.
- Make short notes for all subjects. You can write formulas of physics, short tricks, reactions of organic chemistry, examples of biology, important dates and years of ecology, etc so that you can revise them in a short time in an organised way.
- If you are taking coaching, make class notes and review them each day after the class. If you have any questions or doubts, ask your teacher in the next class. Do all the homework and assignments on time. Ask for help if you need it.
- Follow a revision strategy for NEET. Include a specific revision slot in your preparation schedule. Don’t procrastinate the revision time for new study. Make flow charts, diagrams, tables, posters, post-its, etc. and stick them wherever possible and have a glance at them repeatedly. Write your silly mistakes in a diary and revise from it before every test.
- Take care of your health, both physical and mental. Sleep peacefully for 7-8 hours. Don’t overthink.
NEET 2024 Timetable
Here are the steps to make a timetable for NEET 2024 :
- Think about when you do your best study. Recognize your strengths and how your energy shifts throughout the day and plan your timetable accordingly.
- Write down the topics you want to cover during the week, and try to complete your daily or weekly targets.
- Take small challenges, like for 30 days you will study as per the same routine. It can become a habit that leads you to crack NEET.
- If you are not able to follow your schedule, figure out what went wrong, plan for it, and try again.
- Your timetable should provide flexibility if any subject or topic requires more time than allotted, or when a test is scheduled for the next day.
- Be consistent. Daily study is the most important skill you need to crack NEET.
- Finish your work on time. You should not procrastinate at all.
- Stay away from social networking sites and other distractions as much as you can.
Related Post : Best Timetable for NEET Preparation
Best Books for NEET 2024 Preparation
See the list of books recommended by IITians, medicos and teachers for NEET 2024 preparation : Reference books for NEET preparation
NCERT is the ultimate book for NEET. But simply don’t ignore the coaching modules. The concepts explained in modules form a base for understanding NCERT. You may not be required to study from too many books if you follow a good NEET study material of a coaching. It is prepared specifically for NEET level concepts and questions.
Subject-wise Study Tips for NEET 2024
Study NCERT completely (2-3 times). Don’t forget to read every line of this book. Any line can be picked up as a question or an option. Each diagram and table is very important. Practice MCQs from NCERT and your coaching material. Make notes from the start and revise regularly from them.
Related Post : Best way to Study Biology for NEET
Be perfect with the concepts. Don’t try to mug up the things rather understand them clearly so that you can apply the concepts in solving problems. Have a good theoretical knowledge of everything (‘most’ to be realistic) which is in your syllabus. Whenever you see a question, you should have a fair idea about what topic the question revolves around and what are the probable concepts which you can use to solve that question.
"PRACTICE questions regularly (Setting the time limit as an alarm). This will increase your speed of solving, analyzing power and make you fond of concepts and at some time the formulas as well if you already know the theory regarding that." - Abhishek Garg (AIR 760 in NEET 2018)
Along with a good book for physics like HC Verma , it’s recommended to follow a coaching material as it is specifically designed for entrance exam preparation. You should also solve NCERT examples and questions in Physics.
Related Post : Tips to Master Physics for NEET
The best way to study Chemistry for NEET is to understand, memorise and practice. It’s recommended to study from the NCERT textbook for Chemistry. Solve problems from NCERT and your coaching modules. Practicing and attempting new questions is very important in Chemistry. If you don’t practice questions regularly, you would not be able to memorise the formulas and the concepts used.
In Organic Chemistry, You need to study all reaction mechanisms and remember all named reactions. Make notes while you study each chapter. Revise as many times as possible. Solve questions frequently.
For Physical Chemistry, Read from NCERT and have your concepts clarified at your coaching institute. After you are done with the chapter, write down all equations from the chapter in a notebook for speedy reference while solving problems.
Complete NCERT thoroughly and you’ll get your basic footing in Inorganic Chemistry. Write reactions to learn them completely. Make precise notes for each chapter.
NEET 2024 Syllabus
See complete topic-wise updated syllabus of NEET : NEET-UG Syllabus
When Should I Start Coaching for NEET 2024?
Ideally class 11 is the best time to start coaching for NEET. You can join coaching for NEET 2024 after your class 10 term-2 board exams. If you have taken NEET foundation in class 10, you are already on the track to crack NEET exam.
Best Online Coaching for NEET 2024
Mystudycart Online Coaching for NEET delivers best online classes from experienced and qualified teachers with the help of a computer/ laptop and internet connection. It’s like a normal classroom where you will be able to interact with the teacher and can ask your doubts.
Some of the advantages of Mystudycart NEET online coaching are – live classes, recordings of each class for later reference, short batches, focus on an individual student, proper counselling, excellent study material, free practice tests, online assessment and regular monitoring.
Given below are some of the reviews of students and parents about Mystudycart NEET online coaching classes.
"I was working hard to identify an adequate course for my daughter to prepare for the medical entrance. I am happy to say that Mystudycart team is very supportive in arranging the classes to our needs.The online classes delivered by them are very clear and helpful and it meets the expectations of the student. The faculty’s effort and teaching style is very helpful for my daughter. Thank you Mystudycart team. I will recommend my friends also." - Ambika Rajan (Mother of Dhakshika Thalaimalairajan from Dubai, UAE)
"Thank you for clearing all my doubts, for interacting, for being helpful, for being supportive, for giving a positive attitude, for providing advice, for providing strategy to prepare for NEET, for telling my weak and strength points, for helping me to be interactive with the teachers. Thank you for helping me to prepare for NEET." - Anitha Anil Kumar from UAE
"My daughter was a state board student till 12th class and facing problems with NEET Preparations, but Mystudycart helped her with online coaching classes for NEET. Whatever she performed in the exam was because of their efforts and they tried their level best to help us during the NEET preparations." - Mother of Apparanjitha V Ramana from Chennai, India
Do you like to prepare for NEET 2024 from experienced and highly qualified teachers, right from your home? Book a Free Online Demo Class now.
For queries related to our online courses and scholarship, you may also contact us on +91-888-2124-333.