NEET 2024 Preparation Strategy, Study Plan, Online Coaching
NEET-UG (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) is a common medical entrance exam for MBBS and BDS courses in India. This is a complete guide for NEET 2024 preparation where you get to know how to start preparing for NEET, study plan, subject-wise tips, recommended books and the best online coaching to crack the NEET 2024 exam.
Recommended for NEET 2024 : Best Online Crash Course for NEET 2024
NEET 2024 Preparation [Table of Contents]
How to prepare for NEET 2024 as per the new syllabus?
Candidates preparing for NEET 2024 should be aware of the latest NEET-UG syllabus 2024 to crack the exam. NMC has removed some old topics and added new topics to the NEET 2024 syllabus. NEET aspirants should read these newly added NEET topics from the new NCERT textbooks.
Is it too late to start preparing for NEET 2024?
No, it's not too late to start preparing for NEET 2024. There is still a lot of time to complete the NEET 2024 syllabus in time. Follow a dedicated study plan for the remaining days. Read NCERT properly and keep practicing questions.
Can I crack NEET 2024 if I start now?
Yes, you can crack NEET 2024 if you start preparing now. Study consistently with the right plan and strategy. See the pattern and questions level of NEET in previous years papers and solve a lot of mock tests. Joining a NEET crash course will be helpful.
How to Start Preparing for NEET 2024?
Study tips to start preparing for NEET 2024 :
- Know the syllabus of NEET and study accordingly.
- Choose the books and material required for NEET preparation.
- Join coaching and attend regular classes.
- Make a timetable and try to follow it every day.
- Read theory of each chapter from NCERT textbooks.
- Practice MCQs to improve speed and accuracy.
- Make notes from the start of your preparation.
- Keep revising what you are studying.
How to Make Revision Notes for NEET 2024?
Making revision notes is one of the best assets for NEET 2024 preparation. During the last few months, it will be easy to revise from handmade revision notes rather than thick books and coaching modules. Tips to make revision notes for NEET 2024 Biology, Chemistry, Physics
NEET 2024 Study Plan
- Identify your most productive hours by studying at various times in a day like early morning, day or night time. These hours will give you the best output.
- Get rid of any distraction that affects your studies. You have to be completely focused on your preparation.
- Break down your study sessions into 45-60 minutes (or higher based on how long you can concentrate) and take short breaks in-between. Small mental breaks during long study hours will help you to avoid burnout and exhaustion.
- Make sure your goals are clear (they can be short ones like finishing a topic or a chapter) and your plans are well thought out and most importantly you have a schedule for every day during your preparation. If you miss out on your schedule one day, make up for it the next day. Achieve your goals for the week as you planned.
- Be really thorough with the basics. Study from NCERT or a coaching study material for understanding theory and solving problems.
- Read NCERT line by line. Examples, summary, diagrams are very important for NEET. Use Mnemonics to remember difficult words, phrases and statements.
- If you are not able to learn a topic or concept, read the theory again and again till you get the feel of the topic. Learn topics and solve questions that are within the NEET syllabus. Don’t go deep into something which is not required.
- Think of different ways of solving problems. After solving a question, refer to the solution to find if there is a better way to solve the question. Develop a habit of solving questions in a time limit from the beginning itself. It helps.
- Practice a lot. This is one of the most important things which plays a great role in one’s NEET preparation. It will help you improve your concept application power and will also gradually develop confidence in you that, “Yes! I can answer any question from this topic now, whether it is easy or difficult.”
- Give regular tests to improve speed, accuracy and time management skills. Write your silly mistakes in a diary and revise from it before every test.
- Make short notes for all subjects. You can write formulas of physics, short tricks, reactions of organic chemistry, examples of biology, important dates and years of ecology, etc so that you can revise them in a short time in an organised way.
- If you are taking coaching, make class notes and review them each day after the class. If you have any questions or doubts, ask your teacher in the next class.
- Include a specific revision slot in your preparation schedule. Don’t procrastinate the revision time for new study. Make flow charts, diagrams, tables, posters, post-its, etc. and stick them wherever possible and have a glance at them repeatedly.
- Take care of your health, both physical and mental. Sleep well for a minimum 7-8 hours every day.
NEET 2024 Preparation Strategy for Droppers
NEET 2024 droppers have to analyse what went wrong in the exam and prepare a new strategy to crack NEET. Focus on the subjects or topics on which you are weak and need improvement. Make sure you study all the chapters in the NEET syllabus. Don’t skip anything.
Related Post : NEET Dropper Preparation Strategy and Study Plan
NEET 2024 Timetable
Make a balanced timetable for NEET 2024 with at least 10-12 hours of study (including coaching, self-study, practicing MCQs), sleep, fixed meal times and breaks. Best Timetable for NEET 2024 Preparation
Best Books for NEET 2024 Preparation
See the list of books recommended by IITians, medicos and teachers for NEET 2024 : Best Books for NEET Preparation
You may not be required to study from too many books if you follow the NEET coaching study material. It is prepared specifically for NEET level concepts and questions.
Subject-wise Study Tips for NEET 2024
Study NCERT completely (2-3 times). Don’t forget to read every line of this book. Any line can be picked up as a question or an option. Each diagram and table is very important. Practice MCQs from NCERT and your coaching material. Make notes from the start and revise regularly from them.
Related Post : Best way to Study Biology for NEET
Be perfect with the concepts. Don’t try to mug up the things rather understand them clearly so that you can apply the concepts in solving problems. Have a good theoretical knowledge of everything (‘most’ to be realistic) which is in your syllabus. Whenever you see a question, you should have a fair idea about what topic the question revolves around and what are the probable concepts which you can use to solve that question.
"PRACTICE questions regularly (Setting the time limit as an alarm). This will increase your speed of solving, analyzing power and make you fond of concepts and at some time the formulas as well if you already know the theory regarding that." - Abhishek Garg (AIR 760 in NEET 2018)
Along with a good book for physics like HC Verma , it’s recommended to follow a coaching material as it is specifically designed for entrance exam preparation. You should also solve NCERT examples and questions in Physics.
Related Post : Tips to Master Physics for NEET
The best way to study Chemistry for NEET is to understand, memorise and practice. It’s recommended to study from the NCERT textbook for Chemistry. Solve problems from NCERT and your coaching modules. Practicing and attempting new questions is very important in Chemistry. If you don’t practice questions regularly, you would not be able to memorise the formulas and the concepts used.
In Organic Chemistry, You need to study all reaction mechanisms and remember all named reactions. Make notes while you study each chapter. Revise as many times as possible. Solve questions frequently.
For Physical Chemistry, Read from NCERT and have your concepts clarified at your coaching institute. After you are done with the chapter, write down all equations from the chapter in a notebook for speedy reference while solving problems.
Complete NCERT thoroughly and you’ll get your basic footing in Inorganic Chemistry. Write reactions to learn them completely. Make precise notes for each chapter.
Related Post : Tips to Study Chemistry for NEET
NEET 2024 Syllabus
See complete chapter and topic-wise syllabus of NEET 2024 : NEET-UG Syllabus 2024
Can an Average Student Crack NEET 2024?
Yes, an average student can crack NEET 2024 provided he/she is ready to work hard with consistency. There have been many average students who cleared NEET with good rank in the past. It is easy to crack NEET if you’re determined, work hard (smart) with impeccable consistency. The necessary problem solving skills you need for NEET can very easily be developed through consistent practice. With the right kind of guidance and preparation, you can clear NEET and it doesn’t matter if you are an average or intelligent student.
Mistakes to Avoid in NEET 2024 preparation
- Neglecting Biology NCERT : NCERT contains a huge amount of minute details which can’t be overlooked. Even if you want to focus on the study materials of your coaching, don’t neglect NCERT completely. Reading it once or twice a week will be beneficial.
- Not clearing doubts on time : You should clear your doubts as soon as possible. Don't hesitate in asking the silliest of your doubts from the teachers. If you don't clear your doubts fast, it can lead to procrastination.
- Demoralized a lot because of low scores in tests. Don't get dejected by bad marks in initial tests. In NEET preparation, you will improve with each test. Practice tests are just to analyse your understanding and learning. It’s a way to learn from your mistakes.
- Distracted by unnecessary activities : Avoid anything that can take your precious time, NEET preparation needs your focus and dedication, rest of the things can wait.
- Leaving topics considering them as unimportant : Don’t leave any topic or chapter that you think unimportant for NEET. The questions in NEET can come from any topic.
How to Manage NEET 2024 Preparation with Board Exams?
Managing NEET 2024 preparation with board exams is not difficult as NEET syllabus covers almost all your class 12th topics of Physics, Chemistry and Biology. If you put your best effort, stay focused and avoid distractions, you can score good marks in both NEET and board exams.
You have to be flexible between solving questions for board exams and NEET. Board exams have a step-wise marking scheme, you need to write in points, flowcharts and diagrams are part of the answers. While in NEET, you just want the answer in the shortest possible time with rough calculations.
Solve sample papers before/ during the board exam time to practice subjective questions and answers.
Is NEET Difficult to Crack for State Board Students?
NEET is difficult for all, whether it's CBSE or State Board students. Many state boards curriculum already follow the NCERT syllabus. You can crack NEET if you’re focused and work hard with consistency, it doesn’t matter if you are from state board or CBSE board.
NEET 2024 Preparation - FAQs
How to prepare for NEET 2024 in remaining months?
NEET preparation in remaining months requires full dedication, hardwork and a solid study plan. Make sure you don't miss a single point from the NCERT books. Solve MCQs of topics which you have learned. Join a NEET short online course to crack NEET in the remaining months.
How to Crack NEET 2024 in 6 Months?
You can crack NEET 2024 in 6 months by consistently following a study plan for the remaining days. Read NCERT properly and keep practicing questions. Focus on important chapters. The study plan to prepare for NEET in 6 months should include the chapters and topics you will finish, daily timetable, mock test practice and previous year papers.
How to Score 650+ in NEET 2024?
Scoring 650+ in NEET 2024 requires a well-thought-out strategy, unwavering dedication and smart preparation in the remaining time. Complete all the topics in the NEET syllabus and give a lot of mock tests. Tips to Score 650+ in NEET
How to score 600+ in NEET 2024?
The best possible scenario to score 600+ in NEET 2024 is to score 330+ in Biology, 150+ in Chemistry and 120+ in Physics. However, with a little more practice, you can score much more. Strategy to Score 600+ in NEET
How to prepare for NEET 2024 at home?
Students can prepare for NEET 2024 at home by taking classes from online coaching platforms like Mystudycart.
Should I take coaching for NEET 2024?
Yes, you should take coaching for NEET 2024. For school preparation, you may manage by yourself, but for NEET, you need some kind of guidance and monitoring. Teachers in coaching will help you a lot in the preparation of NEET. In coaching classes, you can ask your doubts, queries, study methods or anything that is getting you trouble.
When should I join coaching for NEET 2024?
You should join coaching for NEET 2024 as soon as possible. The more you delay it, the tougher it will be to complete the syllabus.
Which youtube channel or app is best for NEET preparation 2024?
Don't get lured by Apps and YouTube channels for NEET preparation. Join a coaching (online or offline) to get the best result in NEET.
NEET 2024 Online Batch
The admissions to NEET 2024 online batch is going on at Mystudycart where you can study from the top NEET faculty and experts at your home. The Mystudycart NEET 2024 online batch size is small (not more than 15 students in a class) so that teachers can personally monitor the progress of each student. Check out NEET Online Course for the complete details.
Best Online Coaching for NEET 2024
Mystudycart provides the best online coaching for NEET 2024 from the top faculty and experts. It’s like a normal classroom where you will be able to interact with the teacher and can ask your doubts. The Mystudycart NEET 2024 online coaching is ideal for improving your weaker areas, concepts, speed, accuracy and time management skills.
Some of the advantages of Mystudycart NEET online coaching – Live classes, recordings of each class for later reference, short batches, focus on an individual student, proper counselling, excellent study material, free practice tests, online assessment and regular monitoring.
Given below are some of the reviews of students and parents about Mystudycart NEET online coaching classes.
"I was working hard to identify an adequate course for my daughter to prepare for the medical entrance. I am happy to say that Mystudycart team is very supportive in arranging the classes to our needs.The online classes delivered by them are very clear and helpful and it meets the expectations of the student. The faculty’s effort and teaching style is very helpful for my daughter. Thank you Mystudycart team. I will recommend my friends also." - Ambika Rajan (Mother of Dhakshika Thalaimalairajan from Dubai, UAE)
"Thank you for clearing all my doubts, for interacting, for being helpful, for being supportive, for giving a positive attitude, for providing advice, for providing strategy to prepare for NEET, for telling my weak and strength points, for helping me to be interactive with the teachers. Thank you for helping me to prepare for NEET." - Anitha Anil Kumar from UAE
"My daughter was a state board student till 12th class and facing problems with NEET Preparations, but Mystudycart helped her with online coaching classes for NEET. Whatever she performed in the exam was because of their efforts and they tried their level best to help us during the NEET preparations." - Mother of Apparanjitha V Ramana from Chennai, India
Do you like to prepare for NEET 2024 from experienced and highly qualified teachers, right from your home? Book a free online demo class now.
For queries related to our online courses and scholarship, you may also contact us on +91-888-2124-333.