NEET 2024 Preparation Strategy, Study Plan, Online Coaching
This is a complete guide for NEET 2024 preparation where you get to know how to start studying for NEET, preparation strategy, study plan, subject-wise tips, recommended books and the best online coaching to crack the NEET 2024 exam.
NEET-UG (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) is a common medical entrance exam for MBBS and BDS courses in India. NEET is conducted by NTA in pen-paper mode.
NEET 2024 Preparation [Table of Contents]
How to Start Preparing for NEET 2024?
Study tips to start preparing for NEET 2024 :
- Print the syllabus of NEET and keep it with you till the exam.
- Choose the books and material required for NEET preparation.
- Join coaching and attend regular classes.
- Make a timetable and try to follow it every day.
- Read theory of each chapter from NCERT textbooks.
- Practice MCQs to improve speed and accuracy.
- Make notes from the start of your preparation.
- Keep revising what you are studying.
NEET 2024 Preparation Strategy in Class 12
NEET preparation in class 12 depends on how you studied in class 11 for NEET. If you have covered all the topics and chapters of class 11, you can start studying class 12 topics.
If you have wasted your 11th standard, then start NEET 2024 preparation with your missed, weakest and important chapters of NEET class 11 syllabus.
In class 12, your priority must be time management to crack NEET in one year. Divide your time of week into 70% of your extra study time (i.e. other than the coaching) in class 12th stuff and 30% in class 11th stuff right from the beginning to get your backlogs clear well within time. Make sure that you don’t stay behind in your current topics in the class in order to cover your backlogs.
Related Page : 1 Year Online Course for NEET 2024
NEET 2024 Study Plan
- Identify your most productive hours by studying at various times in a day like early morning, day or night time. These hours will give you the best output.
- Get rid of any distraction that affects your studies. You have to be completely focused on your preparation.
- Break down your study sessions into 45-60 minutes (or higher based on how long you can concentrate) and take short breaks in-between. Small mental breaks during long study hours will help you to avoid burnout and exhaustion.
- Make sure your goals are clear (they can be short ones like finishing a topic or a chapter) and your plans are well thought out and most importantly you have a schedule for every day during your preparation. If you miss out on your schedule one day, make up for it the next day. Achieve your goals for the week as you planned.
- Be really thorough with the basics. Study from NCERT or a coaching study material for understanding theory and solving problems.
- Read NCERT line by line. Examples, summary, diagrams are very important for NEET. Use Mnemonics to remember difficult words, phrases and statements.
- If you are not able to learn a topic or concept, read the theory again and again till you get the feel of the topic. Learn topics and solve questions that are within the NEET syllabus. Don’t go deep into something which is not required.
- Think of different ways of solving problems. After solving a question, refer to the solution to find if there is a better way to solve the question. Develop a habit of solving questions in a time limit from the beginning itself. It helps.
- Practice a lot. This is one of the most important things which plays a great role in one’s NEET preparation. It will help you improve your concept application power and will also gradually develop confidence in you that, “Yes! I can answer any question from this topic now, whether it is easy or difficult.”
- Give regular tests to improve speed, accuracy and time management skills. Write your silly mistakes in a diary and revise from it before every test.
- Make short notes for all subjects. You can write formulas of physics, short tricks, reactions of organic chemistry, examples of biology, important dates and years of ecology, etc so that you can revise them in a short time in an organised way.
- If you are taking coaching, make class notes and review them each day after the class. If you have any questions or doubts, ask your teacher in the next class.
- Include a specific revision slot in your preparation schedule. Don’t procrastinate the revision time for new study. Make flow charts, diagrams, tables, posters, post-its, etc. and stick them wherever possible and have a glance at them repeatedly.
- Take care of your health, both physical and mental. Sleep well for a minimum 7-8 hours every day.
NEET 2024 Timetable
Make a balanced timetable for NEET 2024 with at least 10-12 hours of study (including coaching, self-study, practicing MCQs), sleep, fixed meal times and breaks. Best Timetable for NEET 2024 Preparation
Best Books for NEET 2024 Preparation
See the list of books recommended by IITians, medicos and teachers for NEET 2024 : Best Books for NEET Preparation
You may not be required to study from too many books if you follow the NEET coaching study material. It is prepared specifically for NEET level concepts and questions.
Subject-wise Study Tips for NEET 2024
Study NCERT completely (2-3 times). Don’t forget to read every line of this book. Any line can be picked up as a question or an option. Each diagram and table is very important. Practice MCQs from NCERT and your coaching material. Make notes from the start and revise regularly from them.
Related Post : Best way to Study Biology for NEET
Be perfect with the concepts. Don’t try to mug up the things rather understand them clearly so that you can apply the concepts in solving problems. Have a good theoretical knowledge of everything (‘most’ to be realistic) which is in your syllabus. Whenever you see a question, you should have a fair idea about what topic the question revolves around and what are the probable concepts which you can use to solve that question.
"PRACTICE questions regularly (Setting the time limit as an alarm). This will increase your speed of solving, analyzing power and make you fond of concepts and at some time the formulas as well if you already know the theory regarding that." - Abhishek Garg (AIR 760 in NEET 2018)
Along with a good book for physics like HC Verma , it’s recommended to follow a coaching material as it is specifically designed for entrance exam preparation. You should also solve NCERT examples and questions in Physics.
Related Post : Tips to Master Physics for NEET
The best way to study Chemistry for NEET is to understand, memorise and practice. It’s recommended to study from the NCERT textbook for Chemistry. Solve problems from NCERT and your coaching modules. Practicing and attempting new questions is very important in Chemistry. If you don’t practice questions regularly, you would not be able to memorise the formulas and the concepts used.
In Organic Chemistry, You need to study all reaction mechanisms and remember all named reactions. Make notes while you study each chapter. Revise as many times as possible. Solve questions frequently.
For Physical Chemistry, Read from NCERT and have your concepts clarified at your coaching institute. After you are done with the chapter, write down all equations from the chapter in a notebook for speedy reference while solving problems.
Complete NCERT thoroughly and you’ll get your basic footing in Inorganic Chemistry. Write reactions to learn them completely. Make precise notes for each chapter.
Related Post : Tips to Study Chemistry for NEET
NEET 2024 Syllabus
See complete chapter and topic-wise syllabus of NEET 2024 : NEET-UG Syllabus 2024
Can an Average Student Crack NEET 2024?
Yes, an average student can crack NEET 2024 provided he/she is ready to work hard with consistency. There have been many average students who cleared NEET with good rank in the past. It is easy to crack NEET if you’re determined, work hard (smart) with impeccable consistency. The necessary problem solving skills you need for NEET can very easily be developed through consistent practice. With the right kind of guidance and preparation, you can clear NEET and it doesn’t matter if you are an average or intelligent student.
Mistakes to Avoid in NEET 2024 preparation
- Neglecting Biology NCERT : NCERT contains a huge amount of minute details which can’t be overlooked. Even if you want to focus on the study materials of your coaching, don’t neglect NCERT completely. Reading it once or twice a week will be beneficial.
- Not clearing doubts on time : You should clear your doubts as soon as possible. Don't hesitate in asking the silliest of your doubts from the teachers. If you don't clear your doubts fast, it can lead to procrastination.
- Demoralized a lot because of low scores in tests. Don't get dejected by bad marks in initial tests. In NEET preparation, you will improve with each test. Practice tests are just to analyse your understanding and learning. It’s a way to learn from your mistakes.
- Distracted by unnecessary activities : Avoid anything that can take your precious time, NEET preparation needs your focus and dedication, rest of the things can wait.
- Leaving topics considering them as unimportant : Don’t leave any topic or chapter that you think unimportant for NEET. The questions in NEET can come from any topic.
How to Manage NEET 2024 Preparation with Board Exams?
Don't worry, NEET syllabus covers almost all your class 11th and 12th topics/concepts of Physics, Chemistry and Biology. You will be well prepared for school board exams when you study for NEET. If you put your best effort, stay focused and avoid distractions, you can score great marks in both NEET and board exams.
Master both long theoretical answers and fast calculation based problems. You have to be flexible between solving questions for board exams and NEET. Board exams have a step-wise marking scheme, you need to write in points, flowcharts and diagrams are part of the answers. While in NEET, you just want the answer in the shortest possible time with rough calculations.
Solve sample papers before/ during the board exam time to practice subjective questions and answers.
Is NEET Difficult to Crack for State Board Students?
NEET is difficult for all, whether it's CBSE or State Board students. Many state boards curriculum already follow the NCERT syllabus. You can crack NEET if you’re focused and work hard with consistency, it doesn’t matter if you are from state board or CBSE board.
NEET 2024 Preparation - FAQs
When will NEET 2024 be conducted?
NEET 2024 is expected to be conducted by NTA on the first Sunday of May, 2024.
Will there be any changes in the NEET 2024 syllabus?
No, NEET 2024 syllabus will be the same as the existing syllabus.
Will there be any change in the exam pattern of NEET 2024?
The NEET 2024 exam pattern is expected to be the same as the current exam pattern of NEET.
Will NEET 2024 be tough?
NEET 2024 can be moderate or tough. The difficulty level of NEET can’t be predicted in advance as it varies every year.
How to prepare for NEET 2024 at home?
Students can prepare for NEET 2024 at home by taking classes from online coaching platforms like Mystudycart.
Should I take coaching for NEET 2024?
Yes, you should take coaching for NEET 2024. For school preparation, you may manage by yourself, but for NEET, you need some kind of guidance and monitoring. Teachers in coaching will help you a lot in the preparation of NEET. In coaching classes, you can ask your doubts, queries, study methods or anything that is getting you trouble.
When should I join coaching for NEET 2024?
You should join coaching for NEET 2024 as soon as possible. The more you delay it, the tougher it will be to complete the syllabus.
Should I take a drop for NEET 2024?
If you think you can prepare better for NEET by taking a drop, without worrying about school and board exams, then yes, you should take a drop for NEET 2024.
Which youtube channel or app is best for NEET preparation 2024?
Don't get lured by Apps and YouTube channels for NEET preparation. Join a coaching (online or offline) to get the best result in NEET.
Best Online Coaching for NEET 2024
Mystudycart delivers the best online coaching classes for NEET from the top faculty and experts at your home. It’s like a normal classroom where you will be able to interact with the teacher and can ask your doubts.
Some of the advantages of Mystudycart NEET online coaching – Live classes, recordings of each class for later reference, short batches, focus on an individual student, proper counselling, excellent study material, free practice tests, online assessment and regular monitoring.
Given below are some of the reviews of students and parents about Mystudycart NEET online coaching classes.
"I was working hard to identify an adequate course for my daughter to prepare for the medical entrance. I am happy to say that Mystudycart team is very supportive in arranging the classes to our needs.The online classes delivered by them are very clear and helpful and it meets the expectations of the student. The faculty’s effort and teaching style is very helpful for my daughter. Thank you Mystudycart team. I will recommend my friends also." - Ambika Rajan (Mother of Dhakshika Thalaimalairajan from Dubai, UAE)
"Thank you for clearing all my doubts, for interacting, for being helpful, for being supportive, for giving a positive attitude, for providing advice, for providing strategy to prepare for NEET, for telling my weak and strength points, for helping me to be interactive with the teachers. Thank you for helping me to prepare for NEET." - Anitha Anil Kumar from UAE
"My daughter was a state board student till 12th class and facing problems with NEET Preparations, but Mystudycart helped her with online coaching classes for NEET. Whatever she performed in the exam was because of their efforts and they tried their level best to help us during the NEET preparations." - Mother of Apparanjitha V Ramana from Chennai, India
Do you like to prepare for NEET 2024 from experienced and highly qualified teachers, right from your home? Book a free online demo class now.
For queries related to our online courses and scholarship, you may also contact us on +91-888-2124-333.