NEET 2023 Preparation Strategy, Study Plan, Online Coaching
NEET is one of the most challenging competitive entrance examinations in India. It’s important for students to follow proper schedule, tips and strategy in order to clear NEET-UG exam. This is a preparation guide for NEET-UG 2023 aspirants. Here we will cover NEET preparation tips, strategy, study plan and all other important things to keep in mind to crack NEET 2023.
NEET 2023 Preparation [Table of contents]
How to Start Preparing for NEET 2023?
Here are the tips to start preparing for NEET 2023.
- Start a habit to study every day. With time you will be able to study for long hours without losing concentration.
- Give up mugging and lay emphasis on understanding concepts and applying them on problems.
- Work on your calculations in terms of accuracy and speed. Try to be accurate as well as fast. This needs practice.
- Improve your analytical skills. Try to solve the same problem with different methods. Solve puzzles and riddles.
- Make notes from the start of your preparation. You can include important points, shortcuts, formulas, reactions, mistakes, etc. Notes will help you in revision.
- Focus on learning time management, discipline, following a routine, and clearing basic concepts.
NEET 2023 Preparation Strategy From Class 11
Class 11 syllabus is the base that helps in covering class 12 syllabus for NEET. It's recommended to join a coaching in class 11 for NEET preparation as it increases your chances of getting a good rank in NEET 2023. Be regular with your study schedule and classes.
Reading from NCERT books, solving questions every day, doubt removals, revising topics, improving speed and accuracy, regular tests, following your teachers advice, are some of the key things which you need to focus on in class 11 to crack NEET 2023.
Related Post : Tips for Starting NEET Preparation in Class 11
NEET 2023 Study Plan
- Make a study routine, a timetable, giving equal importance to Biology, Physics and Chemistry. Consistency is very important, instead of studying all night one day and sleeping on the next day, it is better to study for equal hours on both days.
- Block your study time. Decide the hours of the day that are most suitable for you to study, and inform your family and friends that you will not be available during this time.
- Collect all the required books and study material for NEET preparation. Keep NCERT textbooks as priority. Start from the basics. Thoroughly read your NCERTs, all the texts, diagrams, captions, summary, points to ponder, tables.
- Break down the topic into several parts and learn one by one. Visualize things. Draw diagrams. Translate the complicated words into plain simple language for better understanding and learning.
- Have a good theoretical knowledge of everything. The advantage of reading theory of all the topics is whenever you see a question, you will have a fair idea about what topic the question revolves around and what are the probable concepts which you can use to solve that question.
- Never satisfied by just solving the question and finding the right answer. See if there are better ways or methods to reach the solution in a shorter time.
- If you are not able to understand the topic after multiple efforts, ask someone who knows the topic, like your teacher or a NEET subject expert. It’s way more efficient to ask for help so that you can move forward quicker. Saves a lot of time and stress.
- Give tests according to the NEET exam pattern to assess your learning and performance. Start with time bound chapter-wise tests, then part tests of multiple chapters, and at last full paper tests after completing the syllabus.
- Analyse your performance in tests. Make a note of the mistakes and rectify them before attempting the next test.
- Avoid spending excessive time on social media be it Facebook, WhatsApp, Twitter or Instagram. Get rid of all such unproductive things from your life for the sake of getting into a top medical college.
- Never feel depressed if you are unable to solve questions of a specific topic or a subject. Put your efforts and hard work to understand the theory and again solve the problems.
- Keep revising what you are studying. It takes long to learn something for the first time but it doesn’t take much time to revise it every now and then. Make short notes of every chapter for quick revision.
- Sleep well and eat your meals on time. It will help you in concentrating more on your studies, revision and exam preparation.
Note : "After putting considerable amount of time and hard work to make a flawless study schedule and diligently trying to follow it, a majority of students end up not following the schedule after a week or so; thus putting all your efforts in the drain. Reason for this failure is – not being punctual. The aspirant should really try hard to stick to the schedule and should allow modifications in it so as to accommodate any changes in circumstances i.e. making a realistic and flexible schedule." - Ankit Kumar (Cleared NEET 2018 with 99.91 percentile).
Best Books for NEET 2023 Preparation
Here are the recommended books for NEET 2023 preparation: Best Books for NEET preparation.
If you are planning to join a coaching for NEET, then the best thing to follow is your NEET coaching study material. It is prepared specifically for NEET level concepts and questions.
Subject-wise Study Tips for NEET 2023
- Start reading from the NCERT textbook of Physics to learn basics and then refer to NEET coaching modules or a book like HC Verma.
- Absolute clarity in Physics comes from practice. Solve lots of questions. Start from easy questions then go higher up.
- Practice conceptual problems. Take up problems that relate theoretical Physics to daily life. Your analytical skills will be tested in solving the questions.
- Be careful about the signs (-ve and +ve) and units while solving Physics problems. Strictly avoid calculation mistakes.
- Chemistry concepts build on understanding units, conversion, and how atoms and molecules interact. Focus on understanding the fundamental concepts, then it will be easier to memorize other stuff.
- Organic Chemistry requires deep understanding and extra reading. Read NCERT carefully first. Understand the mechanism and exceptions. Some are named reactions. Practice them all.
- In Physical Chemistry, read a chapter from NCERT, class notes, coaching package. After you are done with the chapter, write down all equations from the chapter in a notebook for speedy reference while solving problems. Solve questions to see how strong your concept is.
- Complete NCERT thoroughly and you’ll get your basic footing in Inorganic Chemistry. Make precise notes for each chapter.
- The backbone of Biology is the NCERT textbook. Go through it thoroughly and make a habit to study this book everyday. Keep an eagle eye over diagrams, data, contribution of scientists along with the years mentioned, examples given in the book. Learn everything in the NCERT book.
- Whenever you read a Biology topic from a book or coaching module, write down in your notebook important information like vocabulary, terminology, processes, diagrams, concept summary and explanations. Writing things down helps in understanding better and you can remember the basics for a longer period of time.
- Although NCERT Biology is the best recommended book for NEET, you still need to read coaching modules for extra stuff which has been asked in NEET exam in the last few years.
- Keep revising Biology time to time. Some chapters require very deep understanding. Give them their due credit.
NEET 2023 Syllabus
One of the first things when starting NEET preparation is to know the syllabus of NEET. It contains the topics from class 11 and 12. It may look humongous to see the full syllabus at first glance but don’t worry it’s a gradual process of learning, step by step, topic by topic, question by question, to complete the syllabus. During the course of the preparation, you are advised to have a quick scan at the syllabus and look out for any missing topics. If a topic is not covered, you can discuss the same with the teacher in the class.
Topic-wise syllabus for NEET 2023 (Class 11 and 12): NEET-UG Syllabus.
Mistakes to Avoid in NEET 2023 preparation
- Neglecting Biology NCERT : NCERT contains a huge amount of minute details which can’t be overlooked. Even if you want to focus on the study materials of your coaching, don’t neglect NCERT completely. Reading it once or twice a week will be beneficial.
- Not clearing doubts on time : You should clear your doubts as soon as possible. Don't hesitate in asking the silliest of your doubts from the teachers. If you don't clear your doubts fast, it can lead to procrastination.
- Demoralized a lot because of low scores in tests. Don't get dejected by bad marks in initial tests. In NEET preparation, you will improve with each test. Practice tests are just to analyse your understanding and learning. It’s a way to learn from your mistakes.
- Distracted by unnecessary activities : Avoid anything that can take your precious time, NEET preparation needs your focus and dedication, rest of the things can wait.
- Leaving topics considering them as unimportant : Don’t leave any topic or chapter that you think unimportant for NEET. The questions in NEET can come from any topic.
Is NEET Difficult to Crack for State Board Students?
NEET syllabus is not something new. Many State Board syllabus for Physics, Chemistry and Biology is already the one which is recommended by CBSE (changes were in effect from 2013). The concepts are the same, it’s just about the right approach and practicing enough questions of NEET level.
It is easy to crack NEET if you’re focused and work hard with consistency. You can clear NEET with the right kind of preparation, for that it doesn’t matter if you are from State Board or CBSE Board.
Should I Join Coaching for NEET 2023?
Yes, you should join coaching for NEET 2023. Teachers in coaching will help you a lot in your preparation for NEET. They will not just help you in solving problems or clearing doubts, but will also keep a constant watch on your study methods and preparation level.
Being in a coaching gives you a great exposure to N number of good questions and the tests conducted there, based on the NEET pattern, will help you in lowering the anxiety level which raises in many students while giving the actual exam.
Het Shah, NEET 2016 topper, on the importance of coaching to get a good rank in the NEET exam - “Coaching gives you an advantage because they provide you with new material, conduct regular tests; you engage with experienced faculty, etc. This helps in selection and to get a higher ranking.”
Joining a two year course for NEET is ideal from class 11. When we enter class 11, there is a huge gap between the level of class 10 and class 11 which has to be filled. Students who join a coaching get good help from teachers and as a result it becomes a lot easier for them to crack NEET exam.
Best Online Coaching for NEET 2023
Mystudycart is an online coaching platform that provides NEET Online Coaching (live and two-way interactive online classes). A team of experienced and qualified teachers (including IITians/ Doctors) will teach you online using computer/ laptop and internet connection. It’s like a normal classroom where you will be able to interact with the teacher and can ask your doubts.
Some of the advantages of our NEET online coaching are – live online classes, recordings of each class for later reference, short batches, personal attention to an individual student, proper counselling, excellent study material, free practice tests, online assessment and regular monitoring.
Given below are some of the reviews of students and parents about Mystudycart NEET online coaching classes.
"I was working hard to identify an adequate course for my daughter to prepare for the medical entrance. I am happy to say that Mystudycart team is very supportive in arranging the classes to our needs. The online classes delivered by them are very clear and helpful and it meets the expectations of the student. The faculty’s effort and teaching style is very helpful for my daughter. Thank you Mystudycart team. I will recommend my friends also." - Ambika Rajan (Mother of Dhakshika Thalaimalairajan from Dubai, UAE).
"Thank you for clearing all my doubts, for interacting, for being helpful, for being supportive, for giving a positive attitude, for providing advice, for providing strategy to prepare for NEET, for telling my weak and strong points, for helping me to be interactive with the teachers. Thank you for helping me to prepare for NEET." - Anitha Anil Kumar from UAE.
"My daughter was a state board student till 12th class and facing problems with NEET Preparations, but Mystudycart helped her with online coaching classes for NEET. Whatever she has performed in the exam was because of their efforts and they tried their level best to help us during the NEET preparations." - Mother of Apparanjitha V Ramana from Chennai, India.
Do you like to prepare for NEET 2023 from experienced and highly qualified teachers, right from your home? Book a Free Online Demo Class now.
For queries related to our online courses and scholarship, you may contact us on +91-888-2124-333.