NEET-UG 2021 Preparation Strategy, Study Plan, Online Coaching
Class 11 is the ideal time to start preparing for NEET. This is your complete guide for NEET 2021 preparation where you will get the ideal strategy, study plan, subject-wise tips, recommended books and coaching.
The key preparation tips and points for NEET 2021 that we are going to cover here, (click on any below link to go directly to the section you want to read)
Will there be any change in NEET Pattern or Syllabus in 2021?
As of now, there is no change in NEET exam pattern and syllabus. NEET 2021 will be a single exam in pen and paper mode, just like previous years. NEET 2021 question paper will have total 180 questions of Physics, Chemistry and Biology. 45 each in Physics & Chemistry, and 90 questions from Biology (Botany, Zoology). The total duration of NEET exam is 3 hours.
Any new changes for NEET 2021, if made, will be updated here. You can bookmark or save this page for future reference.
Preparation Strategy for NEET 2021
NEET is one of the most challenging competitive entrance examination for medical aspirants. It’s important for students to follow proper schedule, preparation tips and strategy in order to clear exams like NEET-UG, AIIMS-MBBS and JIPMER exams.
One of the first thing when starting NEET preparation is to know the syllabus of NEET. It contains the topics from class 11 and 12. It may look humongous to see the full syllabus at first glance but don’t worry it’s a gradual process of learning, step by step, topic by topic, question by question, to complete the syllabus in 2 years. During the course of the preparation, you are advised to have a quick scan at the syllabus and look out for any missing topics. If a topic is not covered, you can discuss the same with the teacher in the class.
NEET 2021 Study Plan and Preparation Tips
- Identify your most productive hours by studying at various times in a day like early morning, day or night time. These hours will give you the best output. You have to completely focused into your preparation. Get rid of any distraction that affect your studies.
- Break down your study sessions into 30 mins or 45 mins or 60 mins sessions (based on how long you can concentrate) and then take short breaks of 5 mins, 10 mins, 15 mins respectively. Small mental breaks will actually help you stay focused on your task.
- Make sure your goals are clear (they can be short ones like finishing a topic or a chapter), and your plans are well thought out and most importantly, that you have a schedule for every day during your preparation. If you miss out on your schedule one day, make up for it next day. Achieve your goals for the week as you planned.
- NEET tests your basics. Without this ground step, you cannot rise high. Be really thorough with the concepts. You can use NCERT or a coaching study material for understanding theory and solving problems.
- Read NCERT line by line. Examples, summary, diagrams are very important for NEET. Use Mnemonics to remember difficult words, phrases and statements.
- If you are not able to learn a topic or concept, read the theory again and again till you get the feel of the topic. Learn topics and solve questions that are within the NEET syllabus. Don’t go deep into something which is not required.
- Think different ways of solving problems. After solving a question, refer the solution to find if there is a better way to solve the question.
- You have to Practice a lot. This is one of the most important thing which plays a great role in the one’s NEET preparation. It will help you improving your concept application power and will also gradually develop confidence in you that, “Yes! I can do any question from this topic now, whether it is easy or difficult.”
- Give regular tests to improve speed, accuracy and time management skills.
- Make short notes for all subjects. You can write formulas of physics, short tricks, reactions of organic chemistry, examples of biology, important dates and years of ecology, etc so that you can revise them in short time in an organised way.
- If you are taking coaching, make class notes and review them each day after the class. If you have any questions or doubts, ask your teacher in the next class. Do all the homework and assignments on time. Ask for help if you need it.
- Start revising early. Include specific revision slot in your preparation schedule. Don’t procrastinate the revision time for new study. Make flow charts, diagrams, tables, posters, post-its, etc. and stick them wherever possible and have a glance at them repeatedly. Write your silly mistakes in a diary and revise from it before every test.
- Take care of your health, both physical and mental. Sleep peacefully for 7-8 hours. Don’t overthink.
Note : "After putting considerable amount of time and hard work to make a flawless study schedule and diligently trying to follow it, a majority of students end up not following the schedule after a week or so; thus putting all your efforts in the drain. Reason for this failure is – not being punctual. The aspirant should really try hard to stick to the schedule and should allow modifications in it so as to accommodate any changes in circumstances i.e. making a realistic and flexible schedule." - Ankit Kumar (Cleared NEET 2018 with 99.91 percentile).
NEET 2021 Syllabus
The syllabus for NEET 2021 is likely to be the same as current syllabus.
See complete topic-wise syllabus of NEET : NEET-UG Syllabus
Recommended Books for NEET 2021 Preparation
See the list of books recommended by IITians, medicos and teachers for NEET 2021 preparation : Reference books for NEET preparation
You may not required to study from too many books if you follow a good NEET study material of a coaching. It is prepared specifically for NEET level concepts and questions.
Subject-wise Study Tips for NEET 2021
Study NCERT complete (2-3 times). Don’t forget to read every line of this book. Any line can be picked up as an question or an option. Each diagram and table is very important. Practice MCQs from NCERT and your coaching material. Make notes from the start and revise regularly from them.
Related Post : Best way to Study Biology for NEET
Be perfect with the concepts. Have a good theoretical knowledge of everything (‘most’ to be realistic) which is in your syllabus. Whenever you see a question, you should have a fair idea about what topic the question revolves around and what are the probable concepts which you can use to solve that question.
"PRACTICE questions regularly (Setting the time limit as an alarm). This will increase your speed of solving, analyzing power and make you fond of concepts and at some time the formulas as well if you already know the theory regarding that." - Abhishek Garg (AIR 8 in JIPMER 2018, AIR 760 NEET, AIR 212 in AIIMS 2018)
Along with a good book for physics like HC Verma , it’s recommended to follow a coaching material as it is specifically designed for entrance exam preparation. You should also solve NCERT examples and questions in Physics.
Related Post : Tips to Master Physics for NEET and AIIMS
The best way to study Chemistry for NEET is to understand, memorise and practice. It’s recommended to study from NCERT textbook for Chemistry. Solve problems from NCERT and your coaching modules. Practicing and attempting new questions is very important in Chemistry. If you don’t practice questions regularly, you would not be able to memorise the formulas and the concepts used.
In Organic Chemistry, You need to study all reaction mechanisms and remember all named reactions. Make notes while you study each chapter. Revise as many times as possible. Solve questions frequently.
For Physical Chemistry, Read from NCERT and have your concepts clarified at your coaching institute. After you are done with the chapter, write down all equations from the chapter in a notebook for speedy reference while solving problems.
Complete NCERT thoroughly and you’ll get your basic footing in Inorganic Chemistry. Write reactions to learn them completely. Make precise notes for each chapter.
Mistakes to Avoid in NEET 2021 Preparation
- Neglecting Biology NCERT : NCERT contains huge amount of minute details which can’t be overlooked. Even if you want to focus on the study materials of your coaching, don’t neglect NCERT completely. Reading it once or twice a week will be beneficial.
- Not clearing doubts on time : You should clear your doubts as soon as possible. Don't hesitate in asking silliest of your doubts from the teachers. If you don't clear your doubts fast, it can lead to procrastination.
- Demoralized a lot because of low scores in tests. Don't get dejected by bad marks in initial tests. In NEET preparation, you will improve with each test. Practice tests are just to analyse your understanding and learning. It’s a way to learn from your mistakes.
- Distracted by unnecessary activities : Avoid anything that can take your precious time, NEET preparation need your focus and dedication, rest of the things can wait.
- Leaving topics considering them as unimportant : Don’t left any topic or chapter that you think unimportant for NEET. The questions in NEET can come from any topic.
Shall I join Coaching for NEET 2021?
Yes, you should join coaching for NEET 2021. Teachers in coaching will help you a lot in your preparation for NEET 2021. They will not just help you in solving problems or clearing doubts, but will also keep a constant watch on your study methods and preparation level.
Being in a coaching gives you a great exposure to N number of good questions and the tests conducted there, based on the NEET pattern, will help you in lowering the anxiety level which raises in many students while giving the actual exam.
Het Shah, NEET 2016 topper, on importance of coaching to get a good rank in the NEET exam - “Coaching give you an advantage because they provide you with new material, conduct regular tests; you engage with experienced faculty, etc. This helps in selection and to get a higher ranking.”
Best Online Coaching for NEET 2021
Mystudycart Online Coaching for NEET, AIIMS & JIPMER delivers best online classes from experienced and qualified teachers with the help of computer/laptop and internet connection. It’s like a normal classroom where you will be able to interact with teacher and can ask your doubts.
Some of the advantages of Mystudycart NEET online coaching are – live classes, recordings of each class for later reference, short batches, focus on an individual student, proper counselling, excellent study material, free practice tests, online assessment and regular monitoring.
Given below are some of the reviews of students and parents about Mystudycart NEET online classes.
"I was working hard to identify an adequate course for my daughter to prepare for the medical entrance. I am happy to say that Mystudycart team is very supportive in arranging the classes to our needs.The online classes delivered by them are very clear and helpful and it meets the expectations of the student. The faculty’s effort and teaching style is very helpful for my daughter. Thank you Mystudycart team. I will recommend my friends also." - Ambika Rajan (Mother of Dhakshika Thalaimalairajan from Dubai, UAE)
"Thank you for clearing all my doubts, for interacting, for being helpful, for being supportive, for giving positive attitude, for providing advice, for providing strategy to prepare for NEET, for telling my weak and strength points, for helping me to be interactive with the teachers. Thank you for helping me to prepare for NEET." - Anitha Anil Kumar from UAE
"My daughter was state board student till 12th class and facing problem with NEET Preparations, but Mystudycart helped her with online coaching classes for NEET. Whatever she has performed in the exam was because of their efforts and they tried level best to help us during the NEET preparations." - Mother of Apparanjitha V Ramana from Chennai, India
All medical aspirants are fully satisfied with Mystudycart NEET Online Coaching.
Do you like to prepare for NEET 2021 from experienced and highly qualified faculties, right from your home? Check out a Free Online Demo Class now.
For queries related to our online courses and scholarship, you may also contact us on +91-888-2124-333.