NEET-UG 2021 Preparation Strategy, Study Plan, Online Coaching
This is a complete guide for NEET 2021 preparation where you get the ideal strategy, study plan, subject-wise tips, recommended books and online coaching.
NEET 2021 Preparation [Table of contents]
Is there any change in NEET 2021 Pattern or Syllabus?
There is no change in NEET 2021 syllabus but paper pattern may be slightly modified where candidates would be allowed choice in questions, like JEE Main 2021, to rationalize the reduction in syllabus of different Boards. NEET 2021 will be conducted by NTA on 1st August 2021 in pen-paper mode.
Related Page : FAQs on New Changes in NEET 2021
Any more changes in NEET 2021, if made, will be updated here. You can bookmark or save this page for future reference.
Best Online Crash Course for NEET 2021 [Score Booster] : Course Details and Admission Process
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Effect on NEET 2021
Will NEET-UG 2021 be postponed due to COVID-19?
As of now, NEET-UG 2021 is not postponed officially. NTA will take a decision on NEET 2021 as per the new schedule of Board exams and COVID-19 situation.
Will the NEET 2021 be conducted on the 1st of August surely?
NEET 2021 is currently scheduled for August 1, whether it will be conducted surely on this date will depend on the COVID-19 pandemic in July. If the situation is not conclusive to conduct the NEET exam on the scheduled date, then it could be postponed by a month or two.
Is NEET 2021 syllabus reduced?
No, NEET 2021 syllabus is not reduced, it's the same as previous years. However, candidates may be allowed choices in NEET paper where the questions from the deleted portion of CBSE and other boards could be made optional in NEET 2021.
What will be the competition level of the NEET 2021?
The competition for NEET 2021 will be increased as many students are taking drop because of COVID-19 situation. However, the questions level of NEET 2021 is expected to be the same as previous years. Your preparation should never be according to the competition of an exam. Everything is relative. If paper is tough, it is tough for everyone and vice versa and due to this the cutoffs fluctuate. All that matters is relative performance.
Should I join NEET coaching in COVID-19 pandemic?
Yes, you should definitely join NEET coaching in COVID-19 pandemic. Instead of traditional coaching, you should enroll in a NEET online coaching like Mystudycart where you can learn from the best faculty and experts at your home through live online classes.
When will the coaching institutes reopen for the NEET 2021?
Coaching institutes are unlikely to reopen in this session. The decision to open educational institutes like school and coaching institutes depend on how long the COVID-19 cases continue to come. Even if NEET coaching institutes are allowed to open with strict guidelines, you should not go there. The risk is too high and learning will be too less because of fear and restrictions.
How can students prepare for NEET 2021 at home during the Corona crisis?
NEET 2021 aspirants can attend live online classes at home which are similar to traditional coaching classes with more benefits like recordings and online test series. There are experienced NEET online coaching providers like Mystudycart which make sure that the NEET preparation of students don’t get hampered because of Corona.
NEET 2021 Study Plan and Preparation Tips
- Identify your most productive hours by studying at various times in a day like early morning, day or night time. These hours will give you the best output. You have to be completely focused on your preparation. Get rid of any distraction that affects your studies.
- Break down your study sessions into 30 mins or 45 mins or 60 mins sessions (based on how long you can concentrate) and then take short breaks of 5 mins, 10 mins, 15 mins respectively. Small mental breaks will actually help you stay focused on your task.
- Make sure your goals are clear (they can be short ones like finishing a topic or a chapter), and your plans are well thought out and most importantly, that you have a schedule for every day during your preparation. If you miss out on your schedule one day, make up for it the next day. Achieve your goals for the week as you planned.
- NEET tests your basics. Without this ground step, you cannot rise high. Be really thorough with the concepts. You can use NCERT or a coaching study material for understanding theory and solving problems.
- Read NCERT line by line. Examples, summary, diagrams are very important for NEET. Use Mnemonics to remember difficult words, phrases and statements.
- If you are not able to learn a topic or concept, read the theory again and again till you get the feel of the topic. Learn topics and solve questions that are within the NEET syllabus. Don’t go deep into something which is not required.
- Think different ways of solving problems. After solving a question, refer to the solution to find if there is a better way to solve the question.
- You have to Practice a lot. This is one of the most important things which plays a great role in one’s NEET preparation. It will help you improve your concept application power and will also gradually develop confidence in you that, “Yes! I can answer any question from this topic now, whether it is easy or difficult.”
- Give regular tests to improve speed, accuracy and time management skills.
- Make short notes for all subjects. You can write formulas of physics, short tricks, reactions of organic chemistry, examples of biology, important dates and years of ecology, etc so that you can revise them in a short time in an organised way.
- If you are taking coaching, make class notes and review them each day after the class. If you have any questions or doubts, ask your teacher in the next class. Do all the homework and assignments on time. Ask for help if you need it.
- Start revising early. Include a specific revision slot in your preparation schedule. Don’t procrastinate the revision time for new study. Make flow charts, diagrams, tables, posters, post-its, etc. and stick them wherever possible and have a glance at them repeatedly. Write your silly mistakes in a diary and revise from it before every test.
- Take care of your health, both physical and mental. Sleep peacefully for 7-8 hours. Don’t overthink.
Recommended Books for NEET 2021 Preparation
See the list of books recommended by IITians, medicos and teachers for NEET 2021 preparation : Reference books for NEET preparation
You may not be required to study from too many books if you follow a good NEET study material of a coaching. It is prepared specifically for NEET level concepts and questions.
Subject-wise Study Tips for NEET 2021
Study NCERT complete (2-3 times). Don’t forget to read every line of this book. Any line can be picked up as a question or an option. Each diagram and table is very important. Practice MCQs from NCERT and your coaching material. Make notes from the start and revise regularly from them.
Related Post : Best way to Study Biology for NEET
Be perfect with the concepts. Have a good theoretical knowledge of everything (‘most’ to be realistic) which is in your syllabus. Whenever you see a question, you should have a fair idea about what topic the question revolves around and what are the probable concepts which you can use to solve that question.
"PRACTICE questions regularly (Setting the time limit as an alarm). This will increase your speed of solving, analyzing power and make you fond of concepts and at some time the formulas as well if you already know the theory regarding that." - Abhishek Garg (AIR 8 in JIPMER 2018, AIR 760 NEET, AIR 212 in AIIMS 2018)
Along with a good book for physics like HC Verma , it’s recommended to follow a coaching material as it is specifically designed for entrance exam preparation. You should also solve NCERT examples and questions in Physics.
Related Post : Tips to Master Physics for NEET
The best way to study Chemistry for NEET is to understand, memorise and practice. It’s recommended to study from NCERT textbook for Chemistry. Solve problems from NCERT and your coaching modules. Practicing and attempting new questions is very important in Chemistry. If you don’t practice questions regularly, you would not be able to memorise the formulas and the concepts used.
In Organic Chemistry, You need to study all reaction mechanisms and remember all named reactions. Make notes while you study each chapter. Revise as many times as possible. Solve questions frequently.
For Physical Chemistry, Read from NCERT and have your concepts clarified at your coaching institute. After you are done with the chapter, write down all equations from the chapter in a notebook for speedy reference while solving problems.
Complete NCERT thoroughly and you’ll get your basic footing in Inorganic Chemistry. Write reactions to learn them completely. Make precise notes for each chapter.
NEET 2021 Syllabus Reduced?
No, NEET 2021 syllabus is not reduced. See complete topic-wise syllabus of NEET : NEET-UG Syllabus
Best Online Coaching for NEET 2021
Mystudycart Online Coaching for NEET delivers best online classes from experienced and qualified teachers with the help of a computer/ laptop and internet connection. It’s like a normal classroom where you will be able to interact with the teacher and can ask your doubts.
Some of the advantages of Mystudycart NEET online coaching are – live classes, recordings of each class for later reference, short batches, focus on an individual student, proper counselling, excellent study material, free practice tests, online assessment and regular monitoring.
Given below are some of the reviews of students and parents about Mystudycart NEET online classes.
"I was working hard to identify an adequate course for my daughter to prepare for the medical entrance. I am happy to say that Mystudycart team is very supportive in arranging the classes to our needs.The online classes delivered by them are very clear and helpful and it meets the expectations of the student. The faculty’s effort and teaching style is very helpful for my daughter. Thank you Mystudycart team. I will recommend my friends also." - Ambika Rajan (Mother of Dhakshika Thalaimalairajan from Dubai, UAE)
"Thank you for clearing all my doubts, for interacting, for being helpful, for being supportive, for giving a positive attitude, for providing advice, for providing strategy to prepare for NEET, for telling my weak and strength points, for helping me to be interactive with the teachers. Thank you for helping me to prepare for NEET." - Anitha Anil Kumar from UAE
"My daughter was a state board student till 12th class and facing problems with NEET Preparations, but Mystudycart helped her with online coaching classes for NEET. Whatever she has performed in the exam was because of their efforts and they tried their level best to help us during the NEET preparations." - Mother of Apparanjitha V Ramana from Chennai, India
All medical aspirants are fully satisfied with Mystudycart NEET Online Coaching.
For queries related to our online courses and scholarship, you may also contact us on +91-888-2124-333.