IISER Aptitude Test 2023 Preparation Strategy + Study Plan + Online Coaching
This is a preparation guide for IISER Aptitude Test (IAT) also known as IISER entrance exam. Here we will see IAT preparation strategy, study plan, subject tips and best online coaching to crack the IISER admission test.
IISER Aptitude Test Preparation 2023 [Table of contents]
For IISER admission process, number of seats, eligibility criteria, application form and aptitude test pattern - IISER Entrance Exam Details.
Can I Crack IISER Aptitude Test 2023 If I Start Now?
Yes, you can crack IISER Aptitude Test 2023 if you start preparing now. To crack IISER aptitude test, you need to understand concepts well and learn how to apply them in solving problems. The IISER entrance exam will have conceptual and tricky questions that will be easy to solve if you practice well during the preparation.
Best Online Crash Course for IISER Aptitude Test 2023 : Course Details and Admission Process
How to Prepare for IISER Aptitude Test?
IISER aptitude test preparation is not much different from JEE or NEET preparation. While JEE and NEET requires you to study 3 subjects PCM or PCB, IISER aptitude test has questions from Physics, Chemistry, Math and Biology.
Let's see the ideal study plan and strategy to prepare for IISER entrance exam.
IISER Aptitude Test Study Plan and Preparation Strategy
- For IISER aptitude test, all the subjects (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology) are equally important. Don't give preference to any one subject.
- Study Biology from NCERT if you are a JEE aspirant or have PCM subjects.
- NEET aspirants can refer to Arihant/ Cengage books or JEE coaching modules for IAT Math preparation.
- Study all the concepts and topics thoroughly. You need to have strong concepts understanding to perform well in the IISER entrance exam. IAT relies less on memory and more on applying ideas and concepts to solve problems.
- While practicing questions if you know that you are not much familiar with the concepts involved in the question, don’t attempt it, rather study the concept first and then solve the question.
- Create a habit of problem solving. The more problems you solve, the more you will become familiar with strategies for picking the right formula in tests and exam.
- Try to visualize the question. Write down the given information, draw a diagram of the situation and write the thing you have to find. Do this with easier questions first and then difficult questions.
- Make notes of each and every topic (important terms, formulas, reactions, mistakes while solving problems). Make a separate notebook for remembering formulas in each subject. Keep revising what you learn during the preparation. This is common for IAT, JEE and NEET preparation.
- Maintain accuracy and avoid negative marking. The IISER aptitude exam has enough time (3 hours) to solve 60 questions.
- Solve IISER aptitude test previous years papers to practice the type of questions you can expect in the exam. Check the paper pattern and marking scheme to prepare well for the exam.
- Practice online mock tests of IISER aptitude exam. Find your weak links and silly mistakes and work on them. The goal is to improve with each test.
IISER Aptitude Test Subjects - Study Tips
IISER aptitude test has four subjects - Physics, Chemistry, Math and Biology. There will be 15 questions from each subject in the IISER entrance test. Let's see how to study Physics, Chemistry, Math, Biology for the IISER aptitude test.
IISER Aptitude Test Physics Study Tips
Physics requires logical thinking, a thorough understanding of fundamental concepts and the application of mathematics to solve problems. Understanding the concepts and practicing problems is the key to score well in IISER Aptitude Test Physics. While preparing, keep your concepts clear before you go for questions.
Practice conceptual questions in Physics. Solve problems that relate theoretical physics to daily life. Your analytical skills will be tested in solving the questions.
IISER Aptitude Test Chemistry Study Tips
The best way to study Organic Chemistry for IISER Aptitude Test is to learn by understanding and then revising it again and again. Write a summary of important points. Start with the basics and then move ahead with complex concepts. Practice problems each time when you study a topic. Make a separate notebook for named reactions & their mechanism and revise it daily.
For Physical Chemistry, Read from NCERT and have your concepts clarified at your coaching institute. To become good at Physical Chemistry you need to develop problem solving skills. Be thorough with all the formulae. Solve good quality problems in Physical Chemistry.
Inorganic Chemistry involves a lot of memorizing. Study NCERT properly. Make precise notes for each chapter. You might think it is a waste of time right now to maintain so many notes but they’ll prove indispensable for your revision.
IISER Aptitude Test Math Study Tips
For scoring well in IAT Math, practice is very important. Formulas should be on your fingertips. Know every shortcut possible. Learn important results and theorems. Mathematics is not just solving, it needs a little visualisation skills too (ex.- graphs and curve sketching). You could face a lot of IQ-based problems in IISER Aptitude Test Maths section.
IISER Aptitude Test Biology Study Tips
For IISER Aptitude Test, NCERT Biology is recommended. Remember the diagrams and their labellings. Practice MCQs in Biology. Solving questions is equally important in Biology as it is in Physics and Chemistry. Make your own notes in Biology, include flow charts and shortcuts to learn important topics.
IISER Aptitude Test Syllabus 2023
Check out the complete syllabus of IISER aptitude test 2023 : IISER Aptitude Test Syllabus
IISER Aptitude Test Study Material
Refer to JEE/ NEET study material for IISER aptitude test preparation.
IISER Aptitude Test Preparation Books
For IISER aptitude test preparation, you can study from NCERT books and IIT-JEE or NEET books.
How to Prepare for IISER Entrance Exam along with JEE/ NEET?
If you are a JEE aspirant, your preparation for Math, Physics and Chemistry should benefit in IISER aptitude test. For Biology, study from NCERT textbook and solve previous year questions. For NEET aspirants, Math could be a challenge in IISER aptitude test. If you know the concepts well and solve IAT previous year papers, you can do well in the exam. Students with PCMB in class 11 and 12 can have advantage in IISER admission test.
IISER Entrance Exam - FAQs
Should I prepare for the IISER entrance exam? What are the benefits?
Yes, preparing for IISER entrance exam and clearing it will not just give you admission in prestigious IISER institutes (in Pune, Bhopal, Kolkata, Mohali, Berhampur, Thiruvananthapuram, Tirupati) and IISc Bangalore but also makes you eligible for INSPIRE scholarship throughout the course.
How to prepare for IISER aptitude test in 2 months?
To prepare for IISER aptitude test in 2 months, study from NCERT textbooks and get experts help through IISER online crash course. See the pattern and questions level of IAT in previous years papers and make your strategy accordingly.
What JEE rank is required for admission in IISER?
A candidate needs to secure a JEE Advanced rank within top 15,000 for admission in IISER.
Can I get admission in IISER through NEET?
No, IISER doesn’t consider NEET rank for admission. You have to crack IISER aptitude test or JEE Advanced in order to be eligible for IISER admission.
What is a good score in the IISER aptitude test?
The cut-off for IISER aptitude test changes every year. A score in the range of 100-110 was good for the IISER old pattern. But with the IAT new exam pattern marking scheme, you should target a minimum of 150 marks out of 240 in the IISER entrance exam.
Is Coaching Necessary for IAT? Can I Crack IISER Aptitude Test Without Coaching?
It's difficult to crack IISER aptitude test without coaching. Generally, JEE or NEET coaching also helps in IAT preparation. You can also join a short crash course for IAT to learn important topics and problem solving tricks to crack the IISER aptitude test. JEE aspirants can take some Biology classes or self-study from NCERT. NEET aspirants can take extra classes of Math for IISER aptitude test.
Best Online Coaching for IISER Aptitude Test 2023
Mystudycart provides best online coaching for IISER Aptitude Test. A team of experienced and qualified teachers will teach you online for the IISER entrance exam.
Mystudycart online coaching classes are live and interactive that allows 2-way communication between teacher and student. It’s like a normal classroom where you will be able to interact with the teacher and can ask your doubts.
For IAT 2023 Candidates : Best Online Crash Course for IISER Aptitude Test 2023