CUET 2023 Preparation Strategy, Study Plan, Online Coaching
This is a preparation guide for CUET 2023 aspirants. Here we will cover CUET preparation tips, strategy, study plan and all other important things to keep in mind to crack CUET 2023.
CUET 2023 Preparation [Table of contents]
What is the CUET (UG) Exam?
CUET (UG) stands for Common University Entrance Test UG. CUET examination will provide a single window opportunity to students to seek admission in any of the Central/ State/ Deemed/ Private Universities and their affiliated colleges across the country.
How to Start Preparing for CUET 2023?
Here are the tips to start preparing for CUET 2023.
- Print the syllabus of CUET and keep it with you till the exam.
- Choose the books (class 12 textbook) and material required for CUET preparation.
- Identify your best study times and make a timetable accordingly.
- Remove all unnecessary distractions and make a habit of studying every day at the same time.
- Revise your class 12 syllabus from the start, for the subjects you are applying.
- Analyse your tests and learn from mistakes.
- Stay disciplined and consistent.
CUET 2023 Study Plan and Preparation Strategy
- Prepare and follow a daily study schedule covering all the tests you are taking.
- Improve your speed and accuracy for scoring good marks in CUET. Accuracy comes from strong theoretical understanding, while speed comes with practicing MCQs.
- First read the theory part and then practice problems. It’s the way to understand concepts in a better way. If you are not able to solve a problem, read the theory again and again till you get the feel of the topic.
- Do not leave any topic that you feel unimportant for the exam. Questions in CUET can come from any topic in the syllabus.
- Write notes along with your studies. You can add important points, shortcuts, formulas, reactions, mistakes, etc. Notes will help you in revision.
- Never feel depressed if you are unable to solve questions of a specific topic or a subject. Put all your efforts and hard work to understand the theory and again solve the problems.
- Manage your time well between studies and other tasks. Long continuous study hours can bring exhaustion and too many breaks may result in not being able to complete your work in time.
- Take proper sleep. Most of the time we get so ambitious that we do not give proper rest to our body. If you are disturbing your sleep cycle then you’ll end up feeling sleepy throughout the day. So no matter what, you need 6–8 hours of sleep to get the best out of yourself.
Best Books for CUET 2023 - Physics Chemistry Math Biology
Best Books for CUET Physics Preparation :
- Physics NCERT Textbook Class 12
- New Simplified Physics Class 12 By S.L. Arora
- Pradeep's Fundamental Physics for Class 12
- HC Verma (Vol 2)
Best Books for CUET Chemistry Preparation :
- Chemistry NCERT Textbook Class 12
- Modern ABC of Chemistry Class 12
- Dinesh Companion Chemistry for Class 12
- O.P. Tandon for Physical Chemistry
Best Books for CUET Math Preparation :
- Math NCERT Textbook Class 12
- RD Sharma (Class 12)
- R.S. Aggarwal (Class 12)
- S. Chand's Mathematics for Class XII
Best Books for CUET Biology Preparation :
- Biology NCERT Textbook Class 12
- Arihant All In One Class 12 Biology
- MTG Objective NCERT at your FINGERTIPS (Class 12 Syllabus)
Subject-wise Study Tips for CUET 2023
Understanding the concepts and practicing problems is the key to score well in Physics. Start with simple problems and then move on to more difficult problems. Solving problems help you gain clear knowledge about the concept. The more you practice Physics and analyse your mistakes, the better for you.
Maintain a separate copy for formulas. Revise them regularly.
In Organic Chemistry, understand the concepts and reaction mechanism well. Make notes while you study each chapter. Keep thinking of reactions and mechanisms in your free time. It helps in revision.
Improve your speed in Physical Chemistry by consistently solving problems. Prepare a list of formulas and reactions from the start and have a glance at them often so that you can remember them whenever you are solving problems or giving tests.
Inorganic Chemistry requires lots of reading from NCERT and revision. Make proper notes along the way.
Mathematics is an art and requires a lot of practice. The more you study and practice Math, the more it develops your brain and increases your problem solving ability.
In Math, be careful about calculations and time management. The concepts and formulas should be at your fingertips. Know every shortcut possible.
Read NCERT (school textbook) very very thoroughly. Make notes from the start and keep revising Biology from time to time. Some chapters require very deep understanding, some require memorization. Focus on both the aspects.
Practicing MCQs is equally important in Biology as it is in Physics and Chemistry. In the exam, there are more chances of you not remembering what you read than remembering what you practiced.
CUET 2023 Syllabus
CUET Syllabus for Math, Science, General, Language Test : CUET-UG Syllabus
How should I prepare for CUET along with the Board Exams?
The syllabus for the subject/ domain tests of CUET will be based on Class XII so that there is no pressure on the candidates to prepare for both the exams. The effort that would be required to do well at CUET will also help candidates to prepare well for their Board Examinations.
Master both long theoretical answers and fast calculation based problems. You have to be flexible between solving questions for board exams and CUET. Board exams have a step-wise marking scheme, you need to write in points, flowcharts and diagrams are part of the answers. While in CUET, you just want the right answer with rough calculations.
Can an Average Student Crack CUET 2023?
Yes, an average student can crack CUET 2023 provided he/she is ready to work hard with consistency in the remaining time. For domain specific subjects, study all the topics included in the CUET syllabus (based on class 12 syllabus). With the right kind of guidance and preparation by expert faculty, you can get a good score in CUET, and it doesn’t matter if you are an average or intelligent student.
CUET 2023 Examination - Answering Questions
WIll weightage of class 12 board marks considered in admission through CUET?
No, admission through CUET will purely be based on CUET Score in different Subjects/ languages/ General Test reflected in the Scorecard. However, minimum eligibility conditions of various universities take into account the percentage of combinations of subjects as per the course/ programmes.
What will be the level of question in CUET 2023?
All questions in various testing areas in CUET will be benchmarked at the level of Class XII syllabus. Students having studied Class XII Board syllabus would be able to do well in CUET 2023.
Will CUET be difficult?
CUET will be as par with the Class 12 Board difficulty level. The questions pattern in CUET will be different as it's a complete objective type test consisting of MCQs.
Will CUET be easier than JEE?
Yes, CUET will be easier than JEE as it is on the basis of class 12 syllabus only. Moreover, the questions in CUET will not be of JEE level.
Can we crack the CUET by attending JEE or NEET coaching?
Yes, JEE/ NEET coaching covers both class 11 and class 12 syllabus, which not only will help in cracking the CUET exam but also boost your Boards preparation.
How many questions are there in CUET?
The number of questions in CUET depends on the number of tests a candidate appears for in the exam. A candidate can attempt 40 questions out of 50 in each language and subject. In the General test, a candidate can attempt 60 questions out of 75. CUET Exam Pattern
What is the duration of CUET?
Depending on the number of tests a candidate takes, the duration of the CUET exam is 45 or 60 Minutes to 3:15 hours (Slot-1) and 45 Minutes to 3:45 hours (Slot-2).
Is there a negative marking in CUET?
Yes, there is negative marking in CUET. One mark will be deducted for a wrong answer in the CUET exam.
Will Rough Seats be provided in the CUET examination?
Yes, Rough Seats will be provided at the CUET Test Centre in the Examination Room/Hall. All calculations/writing work is to be done only in the Rough Sheets and on completion of the test, candidates must hand over the Rough Sheets to the Invigilator.
Should I take coaching for CUET Preparation?
Yes, you should join coaching for CUET preparation. For school, you may manage by yourself, but for CUET, you need some kind of guidance and monitoring. Teachers in coaching will help you a lot in the preparation of CUET. In coaching classes, you can ask your doubts, queries, study methods or anything that is getting you trouble.
Best Online Coaching for CUET 2023
Mystudycart is an online coaching platform that provides CUET Online Coaching (live and two-way interactive online classes). Considered as one of the top online coaching providers for PCMB subjects, Mystudycart has an academic pool of some of the best online tutors in India.
Some of the advantages of our CUET online coaching are – live classes, recordings of each class for later reference, short batches, personal attention to an individual student, proper counselling, excellent study material, free practice tests, online assessment and regular monitoring.
Do you like to prepare for CUET 2023 from experienced and highly qualified teachers, right from your home? Register now to Mystudycart online coaching platform.
For queries related to our online courses, you may contact us on +91-888-2124-333.