BITSAT 2023 Exam Pattern, Subject-wise Questions, Marks Distribution
Note : BITSAT exam pattern is changed from 2022. Instead of 150 questions, only 130 questions will be asked in the BITSAT online test. Check out BITSAT subject-wise questions and marks distribution
Here we will look at some useful information for BITSAT aspirants i.e. BITSAT exam pattern - How BITSAT examination is conducted, the process of BITSAT online paper, questions pattern, subject or section wise marks distribution. In the end, we will see what's the importance of attempting 12 extra questions in the BITSAT online test.
Prepare for BITSAT/ JEE at Your Home through Live Online Classes from Best Teachers : Course Details and Admission Process
BITSAT Exam Pattern 2023 : Subject-wise Questions and Marks Distribution
Given below is the BITSAT exam pattern :
||Number of Questions
Exam Mode : Computer-Based Test. Questions Type : Multiple Choice. Total Questions : 130 (12 Extra Questions Optional). Exam Duration : 3 hours. Negative Marking : Yes (-1 for each wrong answer).
BITSAT Online Exam Pattern - Key Points
- BITSAT examination will be conducted in online mode only. BITSAT is a computer based test where the questions appear on a computer screen along with the options. There are four options for each question. The candidate has to click one of the options using a computer mouse which can be reviewed or reanswered any time during the duration of the examination.
- Each computer is connected to a server, which prepares the question set and delivers it to the candidate on the computer. This is unlike the traditional pen-paper based test, which is generally conducted on a single day for all candidates. BITSAT will be conducted over a period of time and the candidate can choose the Center, the Day and Time of his/her convenience to take the test.
- All questions are of objective type (multiple choice questions); each question with a choice of four answers, only one being the correct choice. Each correct answer fetches 3 marks, while each incorrect answer has a penalty of 1 mark (-1mark).
- BITSAT question paper will have a total 130 questions : 100 questions of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. 30 each in Physics & Chemistry, and 40 Maths questions. There are two more sections in BITSAT – English and Logical Reasoning (with 10 and 20 questions respectively).
- Subject wise Questions and Marks Distribution in BITSAT Online Test : Physics - Total 30 Questions of 3 marks each; Chemistry - Total 30 Questions of 3 marks each; Mathematics - Total 40 Questions of 3 marks each; English - Total 10 Questions of 3 marks each; Logical Reasoning - Total 20 Questions of 3 marks each.
- The total duration of the BITSAT Online Test is 3 hours. There is no time limit for individual parts of the test.
Purpose of Attempting 12 Extra Questions in BITSAT
If a candidate answers all the 130 questions (without skipping any question) in BITSAT, the candidate
will have an option of attempting 12 (twelve) extra questions, if there is still time left. These
extra questions will be from Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics only; four
questions from each part. Further, once the candidate has opted for extra questions, he/she
cannot go back for correction of any of the earlier answered 130 questions.
The questions in BITSAT are designed in a way that a good student will be able to answer 130 questions in 180 minutes. The extra questions (a maximum of 12) will give a chance to highly meritorious
candidates to score higher. However, candidates should keep in mind the fact that there is
negative marking for wrong answers and any attempt to answer the questions by pure
guessing of the answers is not likely to have any advantage, but may result in a reduction in
the total score.
Note : Speed & accuracy are very important in BITSAT. It is recommended that you practice online mock tests consistently.
Related Pages :
BITSAT Application Form
BITSAT Preparation Books