IIT JEE Preparation in Class 8 - Study Tips, Foundation Books, Online Coaching
Class 8 is the time when parents and students start exploring what career to pursue after 12th. Many are interested in preparing for IIT JEE, the entrance exam for admissions in best engineering institutes. Are you one of them? Is it good to start preparing for JEE from class 8? How to Prepare for IIT JEE from Class 8? What are the JEE coaching options available for class 8 students?
Let’s find out the answers of these career defining questions and queries.
Table of Contents :
Why to Start IIT JEE Preparation from Class 8?
Many people tell you that it’s too early for starting JEE preparation in class 8. That’s their views. The more important thing is, whether it will help you in the long term? When we talk about IIT-JEE preparation for class 8 students, it’s not about studying as per JEE syllabus. It’s about building a solid foundation for JEE Exam, the development of your IQ, Logical and Analytical Thinking.
When you start preparing for JEE in class 8th, you are always a few steps ahead of most of your companions. In the next section, you'll see how exactly you can do this.
How to Prepare for IIT JEE from Class 8?
The best and most trusted way to start IIT JEE preparation in class 8 is to join a coaching foundation course. There is nothing better than studying under the guidance of coaching teachers. You can discuss all your doubts and problems with your teachers. Your faculties will give you the right direction & support for clearing JEE.
Class 8 is the time to learn some key skills for JEE like time management, discipline, following a study schedule, concentration in studies, and clearing basic concepts well. You should learn to respect and manage time so that when you start studying as per JEE syllabus (from class 11), you will be already in that habit of managing things.
IIT JEE Preparation Tips for Class 8 Students
Here are some JEE preparation tips for class 8 students.
- Start a habit to study every day. With time you will be able to study for long hours without losing focus.
- Build up your interest in all the three subjects (PCM) equally.
- Give up mugging and lay emphasis on learning concepts and applying them on problems.
- Learn simple and basic concepts before knowing the complex ones. Draw diagrams to understand the concepts well.
- Make problem solving a habit. Spend some time everyday in solving problems.
- Work on your calculations in terms of accuracy and speed. Try to be accurate as well as fast. This needs practice.
- Improve your analytical skills. Try to solve the same problem with different methods. Solve puzzles and riddles.
- Attend all the classes and complete your homework/assignments on time.
- Discuss all your doubts with the teachers. Don't be shy in asking even the silliest of doubt.
- Start making your own notes. It’s easy and convenient to revise handmade notes in your own style and format, rather than revising from thick books and coaching modules.
- Sleep well. Ideally you need 7–8 hours of sleep to get active throughout the day.
Subject-wise Tips for JEE in Class 8
Let’s look at the subject-wise tips i.e. how to study for Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in class 8 for JEE.
How to Study Physics in Class 8 for JEE?
Physics can be intimidating at the beginning. It relies less on memory and more on applying ideas and concepts to solve problems. Study and understand the concepts well and keep solving problems in Physics. Start by simple problems and then move on to more difficult problems. Analyse mistakes and improve your weak areas.
How to Study Chemistry in Class 8 for JEE?
The best way to start studying Chemistry for JEE is to learn by understanding and then revising it again and again. Write summary of important points. Start with the basics and then move ahead with complex concepts. Practice problems each time when you study a topic. Make precise notes of each chapter.
How to Study Maths in Class 8 for JEE?
Mathematics requires a lot of concentration, skill and brainwork. The best way to study Maths in class 8th is to keep solving questions, exercises and examples. Formulas should be on your tips. Learn every shortcut possible. Give special attention to calculations and time management.
IIT JEE Foundation Books for Class 8
For JEE preparation in class 8, along with the foundation course material, it’s good to follow your school textbooks of Maths and Science (like NCERT). From class 11, you can study from JEE reference books.
IIT JEE Books for Class 8 Students:
- Pearson IIT Foundation Series Maths Class 8 [Buy on Amazon]*
- Pearson IIT Foundation Series Physics Class 8 [Buy on Amazon]*
- Pearson IIT Foundation Series Chemistry Class 8 [Buy on Amazon]*
- S.Chand's IIT Foundation Mathematics Class VIII
- S.Chand's IIT Foundation Science Class VIII
*As an amazon associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
IIT Foundation Syllabus for Class 8
Students in class 8 can join our JEE foundation course that prepare students for studying as per IIT JEE syllabus. We will cover complete Maths and Science syllabus of class 8th along with the JEE topics and concepts, which helps you to score good marks in school exams and lays a strong foundation for JEE Main and JEE Advanced.
IIT JEE Coaching for Class 8 Students
Students get easily affected by distractions when nobody is watching or keeping an eye on their studies and performance. That’s why IIT JEE coaching for class 8 students is recommended.
Many students are joining online IIT JEE coaching in class 8 to take advantage of attending classes at home. You can also do the same. A team of experienced and IIT qualified teachers will teach you online using a computer/laptop and internet connection. It’s like a normal classroom where you will be able to interact with the teacher and can ask your doubts. The JEE foundation study material will be delivered to your address.
Attractive scholarships, continuous online help from subject and exam experts, customized sessions are some of the key advantages of our IIT JEE Online Coaching. Personal attention and monitoring are the hallmarks of our online sessions. We are having not more than 20 students in a batch, which allows our teachers to carefully monitor the progress of each student.
Check out a trial class now : Register for free online demo class.
For more queries related to IIT JEE preparation in class 8, you may contact us on +91-888-2124-333 or fill the below form and send to us.