For beginners, there are basically two ways of starting JEE and NEET preparation.
1) Through a foundation course in class 8, 9 or 10.
2) Starting JEE/ NEET preparation in class 11 or 12.
In this post, we will see JEE/ NEET beginners tips along with books and coaching requirements. But first let’s see what is required from JEE/ NEET beginners.
Prerequisites for JEE/ NEET Beginners :
- Have a genuine interest in your subjects, PCM for JEE and PCB for NEET. You can’t prepare just for the sake of others. It’s your intuition that you can clear the exam is what matters.
- Be ready to work hard with consistency and discipline. Your target exam is priority. Rest of the things can wait.
- Have a positive attitude to deal with tough situations (like low scores in tests). You should be intrinsically motivated to achieve your goal.
- Gratitude to take advice and help from your teachers or coaching. JEE/ NEET preparation requires proper guidance and monitoring.
- Don’t think big. It’s a gradual process, step by step, to improve your concepts and skills that will help you to clear the exam.
5 Study Tips for JEE/ NEET Beginners
- Go through the complete syllabus at start (JEE Syllabus and NEET Syllabus). You need to learn topics, understand concepts and practice questions as per the syllabus.
- Prepare a timetable giving time to all the subjects. Do not neglect any subject or give excessive time to any subject. However, your timetable should provide flexibility if any subject or topic requires more time than allotted, or when a test is scheduled next day.
- Break down the topic into several parts. Learn one by one. Visualize things. Draw diagrams to understand the concepts well.
- Make notes from day one of your preparation. Don’t be lazy. Having self-made notes is one of the best assets in clearing your target exam.
- If you join a coaching, revise your class notes each day after the class. You will understand concepts better this way. Make sure you achieve your daily or weekly targets.
JEE/ NEET Books and Study Material for Beginners
Follow a JEE or NEET study material but don’t undermine the NCERTs. Solved examples and summary is of great help for beginners.
Is Coaching Required for JEE/ NEET Beginners?
Yes, coaching helps a lot when you begin your JEE or NEET preparation.
Importance of Coaching for JEE and NEET
A team of experienced and qualified teachers (including IITians) are teaching students for JEE/ NEET online using computer/ laptop and internet connection. It’s like a normal classroom where you will be able to interact with the teacher and can ask your doubts. Check out a free online demo class now.
We’re listening to students.
Have something to say about this article, or any question in mind? Share it with us on Facebook