IIT JEE preparation in class 12 depends on how good your class 11 concepts are. Did you study properly in class 11 and completed all the JEE chapters? If yes, then class 12 topics will be a bit easier for you.
On the other hand, if you have somehow wasted class 11 and didn’t study properly, then you will have to work harder to complete the class 11 and 12 JEE syllabus in the remaining time.
How to Study for IIT JEE in Class 12?
Best preparation tips to study for IIT JEE in class 12 :
- Make a JEE preparation timetable giving time to all 3 subjects.
- Identify your best productive hours and do changes in the timetable accordingly.
- Don’t lag behind on class 12 syllabus in order to cover the backlog. Plan your schedule in such a way that you don’t stay behind in your current topics of class 12 and at the same time you try to clear your JEE backlog from class 11.
- Complete your daily, weekly and monthly targets.
- Make notes of important terms, formulas, reactions, mistakes while solving problems, etc.
- Add your own shortcuts and tricks.
- Do revision every day. Don’t leave revision for the last month, it’s a continuous process.
- Knowledge of concepts, practice, speed and accuracy is important.
- Time management is the key to manage boards and JEE in class 12. You should devote enough time to each section – Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. In your tests and exam, attempt that subject first in which you are most comfortable.
- Practice mock tests and solve JEE previous years papers after completing the syllabus.
- Analyse the test to find out your weak areas and mistakes that are happening. Correct those mistakes (with help from teachers) and don’t repeat them in the upcoming tests.
- Avoid studying from multiple books and material. If you have joined coaching then your IIT JEE study material is more than enough to cover the syllabus. Quality matters more than quantity in JEE preparation.
- Keep your focus and concentration intact till the end of the JEE preparation.
You got the idea on how to study for JEE in class 12, now let’s answer some of the questions of JEE aspirants.
JEE Preparation in Class 12 – FAQs
Can I start preparing for JEE from class 12?
Yes, many students start preparing for JEE in class 12. Study for 10-12 hours everyday, practice MCQs, solve practice papers.
What is the right way to prepare for the IIT-JEE in 12th class, after wasting 11th class?
If you have wasted class 11th, then start preparing for JEE in 12th class by giving 70% time to class 12 syllabus and 30% to covering class 11 backlog, every day.
Is 12th class enough for JEE?
No, 12th class is not enough for JEE. Class 11 and 12 both are important for JEE.
Can I crack JEE with class 12 only?
No, it is almost impossible to crack JEE by studying class 12 syllabus only. JEE paper gives equal weightage to class 11 and 12 syllabus with a slight variation here and there.
How many hours should a JEE aspirant study in class 12?
A JEE aspirant must study a minimum of 6-8 hours (apart from coaching and school timings) in class 12. However, the number of study hours for JEE can be different for every student based on his/ her potential.
Should I join coaching for JEE in class 12?
Joining JEE coaching in class 12 is helpful for aspirants as they can follow the trusted strategy and guidance from teachers to complete the JEE syllabus in time. Students can also do JEE preparation from home and learn from the top faculty and experts online.
How to Manage Boards and JEE Preparation in Class 12?
Managing class 12 board exams with JEE preparation is not difficult. Board exams basically test your knowledge while JEE questions test application of knowledge. Acquiring knowledge with clear concepts will take care of your Boards preparation. JEE Main and Advanced requires more practice, speed, accuracy and time management skills using various results and tricks.
You have to be flexible between solving questions for board exams and JEE. Board exams have a step-wise marking scheme, you have to write in points, flowcharts and diagrams are part of the answers. While in JEE, you need the answer in the shortest possible time with rough calculations.
Related Page : Tips to Prepare for Boards and JEE Simultaneously
Prepare for JEE and Boards together at your home from the top faculty and experts in Mystudycart Online Courses.