This question set me into thinking regarding the mistakes we usually make while appearing for any exam. So here I list the do’s and don’ts while giving NEET paper.
NEET Exam Day Tips and Strategy
- Reach exam centre before time, at least 1 hour earlier. That will prevent last minute anxiety and will help focus on the big day.
- Check your seating arrangement carefully. Notice for any destroyed benches or uncomfortable desks. If any problem, report it to the invigilator.
- Check the pen which will be provided to you. In case of any problem, ask for a new pen.
- Be very careful while bubbling your sheet number and roll number in the OMR sheet.
- Locate the clock on the wall. Half the time students fail to notice the clock, and hence fail in time management.
- Ask for water when you are dehydrated. Don’t be shy in asking for water. (A common mistake students do.)
- Start the subject you are more confident in, preferably biology.
- Once you get an answer, mark the correct option in the OMR sheet simultaneously. This would avoid any bubbling error at the end.
- Solve paper systematically. Finish with one subject at a time.
- Skip those questions where you aren’t getting an answer. Keep in mind to come back to those questions when you are nearly done with other questions.
- Also, dress according to the guidelines issued by NEET authority. This would avoid any last minute rush or diversion of mind at the last moment.
- When you reach exam centre early, don’t look at what other students are reading. Concentrate on your last minute revision.
- Don’t remain highly demotivated or excited before appearing for paper.
- Similarly in the class, don’t look at other students. This would serve as a major distracting factor.
- When you get stuck up on an answer, don’t think how you wasted your time while preparing. Instead, move towards the next question.
- Don’t let yourself get dehydrated.
- Don’t solve questions in either big words or extremely small words. Be systematic so that you don’t get confused while double checking the answer.
- Don’t try to cheat or help others. You are there for yourself.
I think these are enough points that are really necessary to be kept in mind while appearing in NEET.
To know more about me, visit my Quora profile.