Clearing a backlog is an art and one needs to master it if you are eyeing a seat in an IIT or any other good college. Here are some points on which you can work to improve the current situation (backlogs).
Tips to Clear Backlogs in IIT JEE Preparation
- Be with the class from now on – Never lag behind from now on. I mean to say that if electrostatics is going on in Physics class and you are stuck with previous work of Thermodynamics, then you are in trouble. You already have a lot of backlog, it’s better not to increase it now.
- Divide and Conquer – Divide your days perfectly. Devote 2–3 hours each day to complete your backlog. Rest of the time should be exclusively reserved for present homework.
- Don’t be in a hurry now – Don’t think that you can complete your “huge” backlog within a month. It will take time but if you will keep believing and following things properly, it will get cleared sooner.
- Take up one chapter at a time – Don’t juggle around here and there. Don’t get confused with questions like “How to start?” “From where should I begin?”. Start with your favourite subject. If you love maths the most, then take up the most easiest chapter left and start solving it. Take your time but solve the material honestly. I am saying to start off with easiest and favourite topic because this will give you confidence and once you become confident, you can do anything or probably most of the things.
- Present is majority, past is minority – Your major time each day should spend on solving what’s going currently in class. It’s not that you will spend your whole day in trying to clear previous work. This will lead to nothing because once this backlog gets cleared, you will have a new one and trust me if JEE journey becomes a backlog cycle, then you are in a big big trouble.
- Don’t panic – There is no point of taking stress now. You have done a mistake but the good thing about all this is that you know you have done a mistake and want to correct it. Be calm, be patient. Everything will be fine.
- For turtles – This point is for people who take time while solving a problem. See if your speed is slow, you will find it difficult to get your backlog completely cleared. So there is one thing which you can do. It’s not a complete solution but it’s surely better than nothing.
- No need to clear the whole backlog. Just take good questions from all chapter that are left. Most of the people first solve their coaching modules, then move to past 34 year questions and then other books. This is not the right order to follow when it comes to backlog removal. There, you should follow this law,
- Past 34 year >> Coaching practice problems from sheets >> Coaching modules >> Other books.
- Follow this way to ensure that even if you are not able to get your complete work done, you should at least have all basic concepts of those chapters cleared.
For turtles “again” – Hey, point number 7 doesn’t mean that you don’t have to complete your all work. You just have to get your concepts in proper place right now. Rest of the work should be done whenever you have some free time or there is a long holiday like the ones you will get after a big test in coaching centre / Diwali Holidays / 2 months gap that you get when class 11th is over and 12th is about to start.
Be punctual – Grenville Kleiser once said “If you practice patience, punctuality, sincerity and care, you will have a better appreciation of the world.” I guess things are more clear now.
Note – For those who got offended by the use of word “turtles”, Remember one thing, turtles can even beat rabbits, all they need is to have belief in themselves and a positive mindset.
Hope these points can help you out.
All the best 🙂
We’re listening to students.
Have something to say about this article, or any question in mind? Share it with us on Facebook