The best way to study Chemistry for NEET is to understand, memorise and practice. All three are important in Chemistry. Let’s have a look at some of the effective tips to study Chemistry for NEET.
13 Tips to Study Chemistry for NEET 2019
- It’s recommended to study from NCERT textbook for Chemistry. Solve problems from NCERT and your coaching modules.
- Get your concepts clarified at coaching. In Physical Chemistry, after you are done with a chapter, write down all equations from that chapter in a notebook for quick reference while solving problems.
- For Inorganic Chemistry, master NCERT. Write reactions to learn them completely.
- In Organic Chemistry, try to understand mechanisms of the reactions. This helps in memorising similar types of reactions in one go.
- The best way to study Organic Chemistry for NEET is to consistently practice problems. After doing a problem, ask yourself what you learned from it.
- Make a separate notebook for named reactions & their mechanism. Keep thinking of reactions and mechanisms in free time. It helps in revision.
- Make notes. It’s very important for Chemistry. Note down the key points and review them often. This will help you a lot. You can also use flash cards and Mnemonics to learn and remember difficult words, phrases and statements.
- Make sticky notes and paste them in your room. You would be able to remember a lot of things by seeing them on daily basis.
- Focus on understanding, not just memorisation. Memorisation is good as long as you are understanding the concepts deeper.
- Make a notebook of mistakes you make and revise it regularly.
- Practicing and attempting new questions is very important in Chemistry. If you don’t practice questions regularly, you would not be able to memorise the formulas and the concepts used.
- Solve all the Chemistry questions from NEET previous years papers (minimum 10 question papers).
- During the mock tests or NEET paper, don’t get frustrated when not able to solve a question. Finish the rest of the questions and come back to the problem.
If you follow the above study tips, you are most likely to score good marks in Chemistry in NEET examination.
We’re listening to students.
Have something to say about this article, or any question in mind? Share it with us on Facebook