The entire Chemistry syllabus in NEET is divided into three parts 1) Organic Chemistry, 2) Inorganic Chemistry and 3) Physical Chemistry. The questions are distributed equally to each section. To score more than 150-160 in NEET Chemistry, you need to follow a right approach and strategy.
For Biology, you have to read a lot of NCERT stuff including memorization, Physics is about understanding concepts and solving questions. Chemistry in NEET requires reading theory, understanding things and practicing problems.
How to Score 150+ in Chemistry NEET?
Here are the tips to score more than 150 in NEET Chemistry :
- The important and scoring chapters in Chemistry are – Biomolecules, Polymers, Chemistry in everyday life, Environmental Chemistry, Periodic Table, Chemical Bonding, Examples from Surface Chemistry. The questions from these chapters are asked every year in NEET.
- Improve your speed in Physical Chemistry by consistently solving problems. Prepare a list of formulas and reactions from the start and have a glance at them often so that you can remember them whenever you are solving problems or giving tests.
- In Organic Chemistry, understand the concepts and reaction mechanism well. GOC (General Organic Chemistry) Alkanes, alkenes, aldehydes and aromatic substitution are important.
- Inorganic Chemistry requires lots of reading from NCERT and revision. Make proper notes along the way.
- Don’t give maximum time to the part which you like more and less time to the one which you find difficult. Give sufficient time to each portion (Organic, Inorganic, Physical) so that you can cover the full syllabus in time.
- If you find anything difficult to study then ask your teachers for help or clear your doubts online.
- You must solve previous year NEET questions of Chemistry chapter-wise (multiple times if possible).
- Practice mock tests to improve your weaker areas and final score in Chemistry. Online test series will help you understand your strengths, weaknesses and manage your time properly.
- Don’t immediately see the answer of a MCQ if you are not able to solve it. Read again the topic from where the question is asked and then attempt the question again.
- In tests and during the exam, always solve easier questions first (mostly theoretical) and difficult questions later (calculation based).
Best Books for Scoring 150+ in NEET Chemistry
- NCERT Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry by O.P. Tandon
- Elementary Problems in Organic Chemistry for NEET/AIIMS by M. S. Chauhan
Improve your score in NEET Chemistry by learning from the best teachers and experts in Mystudycart Online Courses.
Related Post : 14 Tips to Master Chemistry for NEET