NTA has made some changes in JEE Main paper and question pattern from 2020. JEE aspirants should prepare accordingly to crack JEE Main 2020 new paper pattern. Here, we’ll look at the preparation strategy of JEE Main paper-1 only.
What are the exact changes in JEE Main paper pattern?
Following are the 4 major changes in JEE Main paper pattern.
- There will be total 75 questions in JEE Main paper-1, instead of 90 previously. Each section will have 25 questions instead of 30 questions in the past.
- Question pattern has changed. In each subject, 20 questions will be Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) and 5 questions will have answers to be filled as Numerical Value.
- Total marks will be 300 and not 360.
- No negative marking for numerical value type questions.
Preparation Strategy to Crack JEE Main 2020 New Paper Pattern
Here is the ideal strategy to crack JEE Main new paper pattern.
- Practice numerical value type questions along with MCQs.
- Solve JEE Main new pattern mock tests.
- For Chemistry, learn each and every detail given in NCERT.
- In Physics, understand the concepts and their application in problems.
- Give special attention to calculations and time management while solving problems in Math and Physics.
- Avoid reading any special book for JEE Main new pattern.
- Clear all your doubts from the teachers.
- Join a crash course for right guidance and exam tricks.
Practice numerical value type questions along with MCQs
Start practicing numerical value type questions if not done yet. There will be a total of 15 such questions in JEE Main new paper pattern. You can use coaching material or JEE Advanced previous years papers to practice numerical questions for JEE Main. If you are short of time, identify the key topics from which numerical value type questions are often asked in JEE Advanced. Practice questions from these topics.
Solve JEE Main new pattern mock tests
Solve online mock tests of JEE Main new pattern on a computer or laptop. It’s recommended to take a JEE online test series where you can analyze the mock tests for mistakes. Numerical value type questions can be lengthy to solve (takes more time and effort), but there is no negative marking and hence it’s worth attempting them.
For Chemistry, learn each and every detail given in NCERT
NCERT is the key to master Chemistry in JEE Main whether it’s MCQs or Numerical questions. Read entire theory, understand concepts, memorize required stuff and complete all the exercises. Keep revising from your notes.
In Physics, understand the concepts and their application in problems
Understand concepts, logic, and have a good theoretical knowledge of everything. If you know that you are not very familiar with the concepts involved in the problem, don’t attempt it, rather study the concept first and then attempt the problem. Practice questions regularly. The more questions you solve, the more you will become familiar with strategies for picking the right formula in Physics.
Give special attention to calculations and time management while solving problems in Math and Physics
Read the questions properly and carefully. It reduces many silly mistakes. If the question has a lot of calculations, leave it for a bit later because the calculations eat up time very fast. JEE is not just the test of intelligence but also the decision making ability during the exam. Improve your speed, accuracy and time management skills. This is possible with lots of questions solving and practice.
Avoid reading any special book to prepare for JEE Main new pattern
JEE Main reference books and coaching material already contains both types of questions – MCQs and Numerical value type. You don’t need to buy any lucrative book like “Crack JEE Main new pattern exam in 60 days”.
Clear all your doubts from the teachers
Clear each and every silliest of your doubts related to the new type of questions added to JEE Main pattern. Ask JEE experts and teachers if your method of solving questions are correct and you’re learning the right way.
Join a crash course for right guidance and exam tricks
And finally, it’s good to attend a crash course to learn exam tricks, resolving doubts, proper guidance and suggestions to perform well in the JEE Main exam.
Related Page : Online Crash Course for JEE Main [New Pattern]