NEET-UG is the common medical entrance test for MBBS Admission in medical colleges including AIIMS and JIPMER. NEET examination checks candidates learning in Physics, Chemistry and Biology. In this post, we will see an ideal strategy and tips to crack the NEET exam.
Related Page : NEET 2021 Preparation Strategy
Strategy and Preparation Tips to Crack NEET 2021
Strategy and preparation tips to crack NEET exam.
- Make a study plan or timetable for the remaining days.
- Keep revising from NCERT textbook or revision notes.
- Daily practice MCQs from coaching modules or reference books.
- Learn the right method of solving questions in the exam.
- Make sure you have covered every topic in the syllabus.
- Solve mock tests and previous years papers in the afternoon.
- Analyse your performance in tests and work on improvement.
- Don’t worry about NEET difficulty level or cut-offs.
- Stay calm and build an exam temperament.
- Take care of your health, physical and mental.
1. Make a study plan or timetable for the remaining days
The best way to study for NEET exam in the remaining days is to make a study plan for the time period and follow it religiously. Your aim should be very clear about what you need to do in this extra period.
2. Keep revising from NCERT textbook or revision notes
You need to continue revising your stuff so that it stays in your mind. Revise from NCERT textbooks or NEET revision notes. Revise all the formulas with the case and conditions applied multiple times.
3. Daily practice MCQs from coaching modules or reference books
Objective questions (MCQs) test your concept thoroughly. You need to consistently practice questions from coaching modules or reference books (even for Biology). Make a notebook containing your silly mistakes, unnecessary calculations, time spent on solving the question, etc. Revise this notebook every time before solving questions.
4. Learn the right method of solving questions in the exam
Solving questions in the NEET exam requires a proper strategy and methods that you need to learn in the remaining time. The ability to attempt and reject questions, eliminating options, time allocation, shortcuts, intelligent guessing, all these things are important to score good marks in NEET.
5. Make sure you have covered every topic in the syllabus
The questions in NEET exam can come from any topic or chapter. Don’t leave any topic that you consider difficult/ unimportant for NEET. Improve on your weak topics, if you have, so that you no longer need to call them as your shortcomings.
6. Solve mock tests and previous years papers in the afternoon
NEET exam will be conducted between 2 pm to 5 pm. You must build the habit to solve mock tests and previous years papers during the afternoon time.
7. Analyse your performance in tests and work on improvement
Many students give tests every day without analyzing their performances. This is not efficient practice. Always analyse your test for the mistakes you are doing and try not to repeat them in the upcoming tests. It’s the best way to improve your score in NEET. (You can join an online test series which provides test analysis for you.)
8. Don’t worry about NEET difficulty level or cut-offs
Don’t get stressed thinking about NEET cut-offs and difficulty level, it can’t be predicted in advance. If the paper is tough, it is tough for everyone. Your rank in NEET always depends on the relative performance. Work on your weaker topics and regular revision.
Write your own target scores you want to achieve, stick it somewhere where you can see it every day. The higher the goal you set, the more you get motivated.
9. Stay calm and build an exam temperament
Keep your momentum intact, remain calm and don’t take too much pressure. Confidence before the exam is very important. Never lose temperament in the exam. To build an exam temperament for NEET, you need to practice lots of papers and mock tests.
10. Take care of your health, physical and mental
You need to stay healthy to give the NEET exam. Try to be at home all the time, follow all advice like proper hand washing, wearing a mask if anyone from your home is going out, sanitize/ wash all outside items, etc. Don’t overthink. Try to meditate if you feel distracted by anything. Sleep well for at-least 7-8 hours.
Learn the best tips and tricks to crack NEET 2021 : NEET Online Crash Course