CUET is a common university entrance exam for admission to Central/ State/ Deemed/ Private Universities and their affiliated colleges, which will be admitting the candidates to their UG courses (like BSc) on the basis of CUET scores.
Should JEE/ NEET aspirants give the CUET Exam?
If you are a science student who wants to keep BSc (in Physics, Chemistry, Math or Biology) as a back option for JEE/ NEET then you must give the CUET exam as it’s the only entrance exam for admission to undergraduate courses in Central/ State/ Deemed/ Private universities and affiliated colleges.
Till 2021, the admission to BSc and other undergraduate courses in Central universities like DU used to happen on the basis of class 12 board marks. But from 2022, students are required to give the CUET exam.
How Should a JEE/ NEET Aspirant Prepare for CUET?
Given below are some tips for JEE/ NEET aspirants for CUET preparation :
- Revise class 12 syllabus of Physics, Chemistry, Math, Biology (whichever subjects you are applying in CUET).
- Practice easy to moderate level MCQs from your JEE/ NEET class 12 coaching material.
- Refer CUET preparation books and study tips for Math, Science subjects.
- Work on your comprehension, grammar and vocabulary skills if you are required to give the English Language Test (as per the eligibility of the University/ college/ course you are applying for).
- Avoid guessing answers in the exam as CUET will also have negative marking like JEE/ NEET.
CUET examination will be easier than JEE and NEET as it is on the basis of class 12 syllabus only. The difficulty level of questions in CUET will be easy to moderate as compared to JEE/ NEET.
Related Page : CUET Preparation Strategy and Study Plan
Prepare for CUET/ JEE/ NEET from the top faculty and experts at your home in Mystudycart Online Courses.