Just like everybody else, 2020 was a very stressful year for JEE aspirants. First lockdown and then continuous postponement of JEE exam from April to July to September. Due to all these concerns, many students are taking a drop for JEE 2021.
Note : IIT JAB has decided to give an additional attempt option to droppers (who registered for JEE Advanced 2020 but missed out on giving the exam due to COVID-19) to appear in JEE Advanced 2021. These candidates will not have to qualify JEE Main 2021, and will be allowed to directly appear in JEE Advanced 2021.
Is it Worth Taking a Drop for JEE?
Yes, it is worth taking a drop for JEE to get admission into the top engineering institutes like IITs and NITs. Preparing for JEE without having to worry about school tests, board exams, board results, etc., is very helpful. You will get ample time to practice a lot of questions at home.
If I take a drop for the JEE 2021, will there be any 75% criteria present for me?
There is no 75% minimum criteria for JEE 2021 droppers. The education minister, on 7th January 2021, has announced that the 75% eligibility criteria in class 12 Board exams is not required for JEE 2021.
Motivational Tips for JEE Droppers
- Repeating a year for JEE preparation is not a waste of time if you are determined to achieve your goal. You should have a will to study the same books, go through the same questions again and again.
- Dropping a year is a difficult decision but it will take you to your dreams and make your parents proud. If you give your best, you will always feel confident whether you are selected in JEE or not.
- Stay happy and excited. Don’t let the fact that you are a so-called repeater affect you much. A happy mind without any baggage will tend to focus more on studies than the one with loneliness and inferiority all around grasping you.
- Don’t go hard on yourself. Push yourself out of your comfort zone but only to an extent where it doesn’t become a burden. Don’t try to become someone that you are not.
- Remain calm when you are not able to understand any topic or your marks in tests do not reflect the hard work you put in. Eventually it will.
Always remember that anything is possible with proper planning, execution and consistent hard work.
Related Post : Best Online Coaching for JEE Droppers