In this post, we will look at how NEET toppers study and the preparation tips by toppers for NEET aspirants. The study tips and advice from toppers that will help you to achieve a top rank in the NEET exam.
How NEET Toppers Study?
This is how NEET toppers study for the exam.
- They pursue a disciplined strategy with consistency.
- They love the subjects they are studying.
- They know their strengths and also work on weaker areas.
- They focus on concepts, understanding and application of logic. They know when to memorize things.
- They believe in quality over quantity.
- They understand the importance and value of study material and coaching/ teachers.
- They never panic, always stay calm during the NEET preparation and in the examination hall.
NEET toppers preparation is similar to many other medical aspirants i.e. to follow the best practices for examination.
NEET Preparation Tips by Toppers
- Right from the start, stay passionate about your goals, dream and keep remembering what you will achieve after clearing the NEET exam with top rank.
- Be consistent in your preparation (most important thing). Daily studies and practice is the most vital skill you need to crack NEET.
- Prepare a simple time table. Don’t follow the schedule/ time-table of others. Make sure you achieve your daily or weekly targets.
- Understand the concepts instead of memorizing things (exception to some topics in Chemistry and Biology). Good NEET study material and NCERTs are recommended.
- Be aware of simple, basic concepts before knowing the complex ones. New concepts delivered in a way that builds upon existing concepts is easier to make sense of and retain. While solving questions, apply the tricks (mostly taught by your coaching teachers).
- Resolve your doubts quickly. If you don’t understand anything, ask the same question again and again from your teacher.
- Do your homework/ assignments on time and take them seriously. Don’t neglect what’s happening currently in your coaching in order to improve previous concepts or backlogs. Your first priority should be to finish your current assignments and homework on time.
- In the test, attempt that subject first in which you are most comfortable. During the NEET exam and before that in practice tests also, do not let any question eat up your time. Skip the question as soon as you are nowhere close to the answer. Come back to these questions after you finished the whole paper once.
- Whenever you attempt any NEET mock test, you are likely to give wrong answers. The objective is not just to solve the test but analyzing it on the same day for mistakes and weakness. If you apply this strategy, you will surely improve with each test that you give during the NEET preparation.
- For maximum score in NEET, all you need is time management and pattern of solving questions. These management of time and pattern can be only achieved by serious dedicated practice and questions solving.
- Make your own notes. You always remember better when you write things by hand rather than read from a book. Never try to copy the exact text from the book. Read, and then write them in your own words.
- For efficient preparation, consistent revision is necessary. Your notes will help you during revision time.
- Don’t take extreme pressure, it will be good for you if you go with a positive mind to the exam.
- Avoid silly mistakes, first in mock tests and then on the exam day.
Is there any unique strategy that NEET toppers follow in their preparation?
NEET toppers don’t follow any unique strategy. They just pay attention to what their teachers suggest, maintain the focus and discipline every day during the preparation. They solve their assignments and homework on time. Toppers always ask their doubts, small or big.
NEET toppers time table
NEET toppers don’t adhere to any time table except their own. They know their productive hours, so they manage the time well between studies and other tasks.
How many hours NEET toppers study?
NEET toppers study as much as their mind and body allows. Whenever they study, they do it with full concentration. Neither they waste time, nor they overdo their studies. No procrastination, no exhaustion. Toppers generally stick to a schedule with an average 6 hours self-study every day.
Related Post : How Many Hours to Study for NEET?
Het Shah, NEET 2016 topper, advice for future aspirants – “Maintain regularity; stick to your basic concepts as most questions are likely to come from there. If you have access to some sort of guidance or help, it is good. If you do hard work then you can crack the exam”.
A topper may get lucky on exam day, but key things during the NEET preparation are simple and any aspirant can follow them to get a handsome rank in NEET. You never know you may be the next NEET topper!
All the best.
We’re listening to students.
Have something to say about this article, or any question in mind? Share it with us on Facebook