Even though class 11 is the ideal time to start NEET preparation, many students start their preparation in class 12 along with board exams.
How to Prepare for NEET in Class 12 Along with the Boards?
Here are the preparation tips for NEET along with boards in class 12.
- Go through the NEET Syllabus. You need to learn topics, understand concepts and practice questions as per the syllabus. During the course of preparation, you should revisit syllabus from time-to-time and keep an eye on your progress and more importantly make sure that no topic is left out in any of the subject.
- NEET syllabus covers all your class 12 concepts and topics. You will be prepared well for board exams when you study for NEET.
- If you have backlogs, then you need to be careful that you don’t stay behind in your current topics in the class in order to cover your backlogs. Make a balance between current studies and backlogs.
- Try to follow a NEET study material over the reference books so that you can focus on NEET level topics and questions only.
- NCERT books are recommended by students who clear NEET. Solved examples and summary is of great help.
- You should study with full concentration whenever you study. Make sure you achieve your daily or weekly targets. Do your homework and assignments on time and take them seriously. Don’t procrastinate.
- Understand the concepts instead of memorizing them (some exception to Chemistry and Biology). Read through your weaker sections and then attempt problems related to it.
- Don’t get depressed due to low scores in tests. Analyse your performance in tests and learn from mistakes.
- Make notes. Include your own shortcuts and tricks. “Try to make code words. Loligo, Octopus, Sepia -LOS – molluscs with no larval stage (loss). If you have to learn many examples, make a sentence or something. One word starting with the initial letter of each example. Find out some cool relation. I bet you’d never forget that fountain pen was invented by Waterman.” – Mahima Mehra (Lady Hardinge Medical College).
- Keep revising what you are studying. A smart revision technique will save you a lot of time and boost your confidence as well for NEET.
- One month before your class 12 board exams, you can solve sample papers of your board to practice subjective questions and answers.
- Be determined and stay motivated. There will be times when you would find it difficult to understand and manage things. Do not give up.
Many students gets worried that if they prepare for NEET in class 12, their boards preparation may get affected due to this. This is wrong assumption. Rightly said by Himanshi Malik (MBBS student) –
“Boards are something that need not to be worried about. If your grasp on concepts is good then it is easy. As a NEET aspirant, your sole focus is on MCQs so you may find subjective questions difficult to write but believe me you can still do very good with just a little practice. Just do previous years question papers. Try to write in points and draw flowcharts. Manage time while attempting.”
Crack NEET and score good marks in class 12 board exams with NEET Online Crash Course.
We’re listening to students.
Have something to say about this article, or any question in mind? Share it with us on Facebook