KVPY exam consists of two stages – 1) Online Aptitude Test – Science and Math. 2) Interview, if you clear the aptitude test. Let’s see the advantages and benefits of KVPY examination for JEE and NEET aspirants.
Note : From 2020, KVPY selections are on the basis of aptitude test only and no interviews are conducted due to COVID-19.
Benefits of KVPY Examination for JEE/ NEET Aspirants
- The badge of being a KVPY Scholar is a prestigious one and it provides direct admission to top institutes like IISc and the various IISERs. You can also get admission into IIIT- Hyderabad, which is considered as one of the best institutes for computer science.
- After clearing KVPY, you will receive scholarship (monthly and yearly) during your basic science course (3 year or 5 year integrated course). The details of the exact scholarship amount is given below in the next section.
- For JEE aspirants, the KVPY exam is a good opportunity to test concepts understanding and application of logic, which is required to clear JEE Main and JEE Advanced. NEET aspirants can test their PCB concepts through the KVPY exam.
- You will have less pressure of class 12 board or JEE/ NEET preparation. You will know that you are already qualified to study in top Indian institutes.
- KVPY is a tough exam (difficult than JEE Main). Being called a KVPY fellow (scholar) speaks volume of your ability and hard work.
- A KVPY scholar is allowed free entry to all National libraries in the country! You will be able to attend all the science camps.
- Having qualified and attending interview at such a young age is going to help you in the future, irrespective of whether you are selected for KVPY fellowship or not.
As a science enthusiastic, you can study in India’s top institute i.e. IISc, by clearing KVPY (SA) with a good rank in class 11 itself. If you miss out clearing KVPY in class 11, or if you want to improve your rank, you can attempt KVPY (SX) in class 12, and if required, you can again apply for KVPY (SB) in 1st year of your basic science (B.Sc./B.Stat/ B.S./ B.Math) course.
Monetary Benefits of KVPY
If you clear KVPY, you will receive a scholarship from 1st year onwards of your graduation. The KVPY scholars receive Rs. 5000 monthly scholarship from 1st to 3rd year of B.Sc/ B.Stat/ B.S./ B.Math/ Integrated M.S./M.Sc and an annual contingency grant of Rs.20,000. After three years the scholarship is enhanced to Rs.7,000 per month during M.Sc/ 4th & 5th year of Integrated M.S./ M.Sc and an annual contingency grant of Rs. 28,000.
Note : The scholarship is provided only if you pursue a course in basic science, that is, B.Sc./ B.S./ B.Stat./ B.Math./ Int. M.Sc./ M.S. in Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Cell Biology, Ecology, Molecular Biology, Botany, Zoology, Physiology, Biotechnology, Neurosciences, Bioinformatics, Marine Biology, Geology, Human Biology, Genetics, Biomedical Sciences, Applied Physics, Geophysics, Materials Science or Environmental Science.
5 KVPY Benefits from KVPY Scholar
Watch this video of Ankit Verma, who got AIR 22 IN KVPY, also a guest author at Mystudycart, talking about the benefits of preparing for the KVPY exam.
So these are the advantages of the KVPY exam which makes it worth preparing for all Science students, JEE and NEET aspirants.
If you like to prepare for KVPY, you can join a dedicated KVPY online course. It will cover the complete KVPY syllabus before the exam.
Related Pages :
KVPY Study Plan and Preparation Strategy
We’re listening to students.
Have something to say about this article, or any question in mind? Share it with us on Facebook
Image Source : Benefits by Nick Youngson