NEET is a common entrance exam for admission to MBBS courses in India. The increase in competition every year makes it difficult to crack NEET with a good rank in the first attempt. For the first timers, there is also the pressure of handling board exams along with NEET.
How to Crack NEET in First Attempt?
Study tips and tricks to crack the NEET exam in first attempt :
- Plan a study schedule to complete the NEET syllabus in time.
- Don’t leave out topics and chapters that you think are less important for NEET.
- Study from NCERT textbooks, coaching modules and reference books.
- Make revision notes for last minute revision before the tests and exam.
- Join a coaching to enhance your chances of cracking the NEET exam.
- Attend all the classes and complete homework/ assignments on time.
- Clear all your doubts as soon as possible.
- Give mock tests, analyse mistakes and improve your performance.
- Manage time well between studies and other tasks.
- Stay positive and determined to achieve your goal.
1. Plan a study schedule to complete the NEET syllabus in time
The advantage of having a daily study schedule for NEET is once you are finished with a task, you already know what is next on your schedule. Starting your day the same way can motivate you to study consistently, even when you don’t feel like studying.
2. Don’t leave out topics and chapters that you think are less important for NEET
In the NEET exam, a question can come from any topic or chapter. Complete all the topics as sometimes an easy question can come from the topic which you find unimportant or difficult to read. When studying a difficult chapter, don’t think that you need to cram or require long study hours to complete it at one go. Study daily for some time instead of a marathon study session on a single day.
3. Study from NCERT textbooks, coaching modules and reference books
Read NCERT textbooks line by line. Solved examples, exercises, summary, everything in NCERT is important for NEET. Observe and reproduce all the NCERT diagrams of Physics, Chemistry and Biology. A few questions may come from outside of NCERT, those should be covered by your coaching modules and reference books.
4. Make revision notes for last minute revision before the tests and exam
There should be fixed revision slots in your NEET schedule. Along with the theory, solve problems to revise effectively. Prepare short notes for NEET that you can revise before the exam. Make flow charts, diagrams, tables, posters, post-its, etc. and stick them wherever possible and have a glance at them repeatedly.
5. Join a coaching to enhance your chances of cracking the NEET exam
Join NEET coaching classes if you haven’t done yet. Coaching gives you a great exposure to quality teaching, questions and the tests conducted on the basis of NEET exam pattern. It will help you in staying confident to crack NEET in the first attempt.
6. Attend all the classes and complete homework/ assignments on time
Be regular with your classes. Any day the teacher can teach you some key lessons and tricks. Don’t neglect what’s happening currently in your coaching in order to cover previous concepts or backlogs. Your first priority should be to finish your current assignments and homework on time.
7. Clear all your doubts as soon as possible
Doubts lead to frustration, procrastination, disappointments and many more roadblocks in your preparation. You have to clear your doubts quickly. In coaching classes, you can ask your doubts, queries, learning methods or anything that is getting you trouble. [Clear NEET doubts online]
8. Give mock tests, analyse mistakes and improve your performance
Along with regular tests in coaching, you should also practice online mock tests at your home. The advantage of online mock tests is that you can analyse your performance in the test. You can check your mistakes, time spent on individual questions or sections and suggestions for improvement.
9. Manage time well between studies and other tasks
Time management is very crucial as you have to find a balance between studies and other things. Long continuous study hours can bring exhaustion and too many breaks may result in not being able to complete your work in time.
10. Stay positive and determined to achieve your goal
Believe that you can qualify NEET in your first attempt. Do everything that is required to make it happen. There may be moments when you feel low and have negative feelings of not clearing the exam. During these tough times, you need to stay strong and motivated to achieve your goal.
Crack NEET First Attempt – FAQs
How many students clear NEET in their first attempt?
The majority of students (around 60-70%) crack the NEET exam in the first attempt. The reason for this is dedicated focus in studies, disciplined approach, regular classes and to some extent the fear of repeating an extra year for NEET preparation.
How many hours should I study to crack NEET in first attempt?
A 6-8 hours of study, apart from coaching, should be enough to crack NEET in first attempt. Avoid continuous long study hours if it results in fatigue, small breaks after 60-90 minutes of study can improve your productivity. Study Hours Required to Crack NEET
What is good score in NEET first attempt?
Seeing the previous year NEET cut-offs for admission in government medical colleges, 650+ marks is a very good score in the NEET first attempt.
Can I score 650+ in NEET in first attempt?
Yes, you can score 650+ in NEET first attempt if you study consistently with NCERT as top priority and cover all the topics and chapters in the syllabus.
What happens if you don’t clear NEET in first attempt?
Always believe till the end that you can crack NEET in first attempt. In-case you miss out on clearing NEET in first attempt, take a drop and prepare for NEET again.
Crack NEET exam in the first attempt by learning from the best faculty and experts in NEET online courses (Live online classes at your home).