How to Study Inorganic Chemistry for JEE Main and JEE Advanced?
The above question is asked by a JEE aspirant.
I’ll tell you a better way than learning everything up for Inorganic Chemistry : Writing
The Process to Master Inorganic Chemistry in IIT JEE preparation
Pick up the NCERT book.
- Read the book. Mark/underline the reactions.
- Go topic-wise. In each topic (for e.g., p-block) there will be different groups. Each group will have its own elements and their respective compounds.
- Make one chart (on a notebook size page) for each compound of an element by seeing the reactions from the book. That will give you, on an avg., 2–3 charts per element.
- Start off with one compound. See the chart completely. Now, on a blank paper, write out the complete chart without referring the original chart. If you can’t, try again. Write the same chart 2–3 times. You’ll find that your brain has assimilated many of the reactions.
- Daily draw new charts. Practice writing them daily. You’ll find that you’ve completed your p-block in one week. And that’s the longest chapter.
Most people will tell you that learning everything up is the key to Inorganic Chemistry.
Maybe sometimes you’ll have to remember some facts, but for reactions, I recommend writing.
The same is also the key for Organic Chemistry.
Hope it helps 🙂