A student asked me a question recently,
What is a good strategy for solving the JEE Advanced paper?
Here are my 10 simple steps on how to solve JEE Advanced paper.
- Have proper sleep one night before the exam. This is very much important to concentrate properly in all the 6 hours of the paper.
- Do not attempt the paper in 1 round. Do the paper in 2-3 rounds and mark the questions you left or which need a review in each round. Around 80% of the questions are of easy to moderate level so it is important to first score in those questions.
- Forget that you are attempting the original JEE paper. Don’ think of what will be the result.
- Attempt that subject first in which you are more confident.
- Leave the multiple answer correct question for the second round. They are actually 4 questions in 1 question.
- Read the instructions very very carefully. You will have enough time to read all the instructions. Do not miss any instruction
- Mark the values and important data given in the question while reading it for the first time. It will help while you’ll be solving the question.
- Manage your rough work properly. It should not be that you are solving half of the question at some place and other half at some other place.
- Write properly while solving the questions. I am not saying to write very neatly and systematically. But sometimes in a hurry what happens is that 4 become 9 etc. So be careful.
- Attempt your practice test paper also as if you are attempting the JEE paper.
By following the above steps, I was able to solve the JEE Advanced paper without much difficulty and achieved AIR 834 Rank in JEE Advanced 2015.
Related Posts :
We’re listening to students.
Have something to say about this article, or any question in mind? Share it with us on Facebook.