The National Talent Search Examination (NTSE) is the most prestigious scholarship exam at the high school level in India. In this post we will see how you can crack NTSE by following some preparation tips and exam day strategy.
NTSE exam is conducted in 2 stages and is open only to class 10 students. The NTSE Stage-1 is conducted in each and every state and union territory and few toppers are selected from the large pool of students to appear for NTSE Stage-2. Each state has a particular quota for selection based on the population and enrollment ratio of students.
How to Crack NTSE Exam?
Best preparation tips to crack NTSE exam :
- Make sure that you’re thorough with “All types of questions” in MAT (both Non-Verbal and Verbal).
- Buy a standard book for NTSE MAT (a comprehensive one) and stick to it. Don’t nudge between books.
- Be careful about the tricky parts. At my time, there were a few questions from a relatively unknown topic called “Sequential Output tracing”. Very few people could do it. Thus, it helps to know all the types of questions which can possibly be asked in the exam.
- Start from simple books like RD Sharma/ RS Aggarwal in Math. Master them fully. Most of the states pick up NTSE stage-I questions directly from these books.
- Cover the topics that are not part of CBSE syllabus but part of state syllabus. For e.g:- In Tamil Nadu syllabus, we had logarithms, matrices, 3-D geometry etc. which was not in CBSE.
- Science requires a lot of interest on the reader’s part for the concepts to be assimilated well. To get an idea of the level of the questions, solve previous year question papers and master your state syllabus.
- Read up extra stuff on some of the important chapters like – Light/Motion in Physics, Basic Chemistry (stoichiometry, acids bases salts, etc) and focus on Life processes in Biology.
- The best strategy for Social Science would be to cover as many topics as possible as questions from this section are not twisted at all.
- Revise the “Most Important topics” from which most of the questions have been from the previous years.
- Make legible notes so that they can be used for last minute revision effectively.
Related Page : NTSE Preparation Strategy and Study Plan
Success Mantra to Crack NTSE
The success mantra to crack NTSE as I have elaborated above is to have a good idea of the level of the exam and achieve mastery in all the topics required (by solving NTSE previous year question papers mainly).
NTSE Exam Day Strategy
- Don’t panic a day before the exam. Better, don’t do anything on that day.
- Relax. (I know saying this is easy, but doing this is tough – but let me just hope that at least a fraction of my readers follow this).
- Start from the section in which you are the strongest. You’ll automatically have more time for your weak points.
- Eat light before the exam, but please do have something nutritious and filling.
- Don’t discuss anything with your friends in the break between the two tests (MAT and SAT). Take a walk within the exam center or have a light snack instead.
Crack NTSE exam by learning from the best faculty and experts at your home in NTSE Online Coaching.
We’re listening to students.
Have something to say about this article, or any question in mind? Share it with us on Facebook.