Question asked – How to prepare for JEE 2019 in the remaining time if I have a strong basic knowledge of all important chapters?
IIT-JEE 2019 Problem Solving Strategy in Remaining Months
I will try to keep it short and crisp.
- Do JEE Advanced Level questions from a reputed coaching module/reference book completely.
- Compare the problems with some other coaching module/book and try to find standard problems based on concepts which are present in both. For example in electrostatics, many shells inside one another and some connected/earthed and charge is to be found is a standard problem. There are also many standard problems in rotation, Differentiation, kinetics, equilibrium, electrostatics, magnetism, modern physics.
- Write down all the standard problems you can find in a copy and keep on revising. In most cases problems faced in exam are small deviation from these problems.
- It is my belief that in exam at-least 10–20 questions will be there which will be linked to these problems. Your aim should be to solve them correctly. By writing them down and revising again and again you are making sure that you do not lose marks on the problems which you can solve without thinking on that day.
- For other kinds of problems keep practicing your modules and try to understand each and every concept and problem.
- Mark the problems you could not solve in the first try and pay special attention to them when you revise. Try to think why you could not solve it? Was it because you did not have proper understanding of a concept? Reread it. Did you make a silly mistake? Remember it and do not let it happen again. Did you apply the wrong concept? (For example using equation of motion when acceleration is not constant) then read about both concepts again and understand why that concept cannot be applied in this problem
- Give a lot of mock tests and analyse on the same day you get results.
- Divide the questions in exam into various categories. 1. which you solved correctly – Good, give yourself a pat for that. 2. Those in which you made silly mistakes. 3. Those which you could have solved if time permitted. 4. Those questions which were doable but you did not know/remember the concept. 5. Those super difficult ones from which JEE advanced derives its fame.
- Assume you got questions of category 2, 3, 4 right and calculate your marks. This is what you are capable of. Try to reach this level by decreasing the gap between these marks and the actual marks scored by you in the test. Unless you are aiming for under 500 rank, I would suggest you to not worry about category 5. Study about it, but don’t worry about it.
- Stay happy and healthy. Marks are nothing to be depressed about. Sleep for at-least 6 hours. My best wishes are with you all!
Thanks for reading!
Related Post : IIT-JEE 2019 Crash Course