JEE Main 2021 will be conducted 4 times in a year (February, March, April and May) in computer-based mode by the National Testing Agency. Candidates can appear once, twice, thrice or four times for JEE Main. If given multiple times, the best score among all the sessions will be considered for merit list/ ranking.
Why Will JEE Main 2021 be Conducted 4 Times in a Year?
The objective of conducting JEE Main 4 times a year is to help students in case one bad day, due to any reason, should not hamper their chances of taking admission in a good engineering college.
Advantages of conducting JEE Main four times in a year :
- The best thing about conducting JEE Main in multiple sessions is that a student may not lose one year if he/ she is not able to perform good due to any reason because now there will be four chances to perform well in the exam.
- In the first attempt, the students will get a first-hand experience of taking the JEE Main exam and will know their mistakes which they can improve while attempting for the next time.
- Candidates can choose the ideal time to attempt the exam as per their preparation level.
- Candidates can appear for JEE Main maximum times to improve their scores.
- Candidates will have less pressure while giving the exam as they will know it’s not the end and there are more chances remaining.
- If anyone missed the examination due to reasons beyond control, then he/she will not have to wait for one full year.
How Should JEE Aspirants Prepare for JEE Main 4 Sessions?
JEE aspirants can follow the below strategy for JEE Main 4 sessions.
- Take the February exam as a rehearsal to test your preparation and exam temperament. Consider it as a practice test with full preparation. You may lack in solving enough full paper tests or revisions but it’s worth giving the exam in February to understand the level of questions.
- Continue with your preparation after the February exam. If your score is low, then you need to improve, study and practice hard for the exam in March.
- Follow the same strategy for the JEE Main exam in April and May.
- If required, skip the JEE Main session which is near to your Board exams.
JEE Main 2021 in 4 Phases – Students Queries
How many times should I attempt JEE Main?
It’s best to attempt JEE Main all four times to improve your score and for experiencing the exam pressure we feel while giving the exam. You will feel more relaxed with each JEE Main paper you attempt.
How to manage Board exams with JEE Main 4 sessions?
To reduce the pressure of Board and JEE, you can skip the JEE Main session which will be near to your board exams. This decision depends on how well you are prepared for Board exams.
Will NTA take the average score of 4 attempts of JEE Main for calculating AIR?
NTA will take the best score (not average) among the 4 attempts of JEE Main for calculating AIR. If a candidate attempts JEE Main 3 times, then best out of 3 scores will be considered for ranking. The same is the case for two attempts.
Can a dropper give the JEE Main four times?
Yes, a dropper student can also take the JEE Main four times (February, March, April and May), just like the rest of the candidates.
Prepare for JEE Main (all sessions) and improve your score by learning from the best faculty and experts in JEE Online Crash Course.
We’re listening to students.
Have something to say about this article, or any question in mind? Share it with us on Facebook