Is there any unique strategy that IIT JEE toppers follow in their preparation?
That was the short answer. Now let’s try to answer some questions asked by JEE aspirants about IIT JEE toppers.
How Many Hours IIT JEE Toppers Study?
Difficult to tell about each of them, but generally IIT JEE toppers focus on making each hour enjoyable and productive so that they don’t get bored, and can study for long hours. JEE toppers always manage their time well between studies and other tasks.
According to Aryan Agarwal (AIR-196, JEE Advanced 2018):
Many people will tell you that they studied X hours or you should study X hours for getting a good rank. Remember, quality of hours matter not the quantity. You may study less, but with full focus. It is better to solve 10 different variety problems rather than solving 20 similar problems with just different numerical values.
What Toppers Do Differently in IIT JEE Preparation?
IIT JEE toppers preparation is similar to many other JEE aspirants i.e. to follow the best practices for IIT JEE. The only difference, maybe, is more consistency. This is what IIT JEE toppers do:
- They follow a disciplined strategy and love the subjects they are studying.
- They know their strengths and also work on weaker areas.
- They focus on concepts, understanding and application of logic. When starting a topic, he/she would make sure to study all the related concepts at once and then solve the problems.
- They focus on quality over quantity.
- They understand the importance and value of coaching/ teachers.
- They always stay cool and calm during the IIT JEE preparation and during examination.
A topper may get lucky on the exam day, but key things during the JEE preparation are simple and any JEE aspirant can follow them to get a handsome rank in JEE. You never know you may be the next IIT JEE topper!
IIT JEE Toppers Advice 2021
IIT JEE topper Aman Bansal advice to JEE aspirants:
“Regular studies are very important. Utilize your time properly. While studying, underline and highlight the important parts. Discuss with your peers and faculty members to explore various problem solving techniques. Maintain a healthy competition with your peers. Do not get stressed and give your best shot with 100% confidence.”
IIT JEE Preparation Tips by JEE toppers
- Have a passion, determination and self-motivation to clear IIT JEE. You have to give it all, to all 3 subjects – Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics.
- Work hard (the best and the basic thing) and maintain consistency throughout your JEE preparation.
- Go into the root of the problem, understand the concepts instead of memorizing them (some exception to Chemistry).
- Resolve your doubts quickly. If you don’t understand anything, ask the same question again and again from your teacher. Never procrastinate in your JEE preparation.
- You should know the right way to practice the JEE problems. Your teachers in coaching will help you immensely in this.
What is that one thing that is common among all the JEE toppers?
The one thing that is common among all the JEE toppers is dedication. JEE toppers are hard working dedicated students throughout the preparation. They stay away from all distractions, just to focus on one aim – to be the best. They are consistent and mostly busy with stuff related to studies, whether solving questions or discussing doubts with teachers.
How to Study to Become an IIT JEE topper?
Study method to become an IIT JEE topper:
“Do not study Math and Science in a way that gets you a good rank. Study these subjects in a way that gets you a feeling of every graph, every equation and every law. You’ll gradually begin to find patterns in every question and no concept will be difficult for you.”
That’s how IIT JEE toppers generally approach their studies in JEE preparation.
Follow JEE toppers strategy by learning from the best faculty and experts in Mystudycart JEE Online Courses.
We’re listening to students.
Have something to say about this article, or any question in mind? Share it with us on Facebook