The best thing that helps to focus on JEE preparation and not affected by unnecessary distractions is – your will power and ambition to clear the JEE exam. Without it, many a times, it gets very difficult to work hard with consistency.
How to Stay Focused During IIT JEE Preparation?
Here are the best tips to stay focused during JEE preparation.
- Don’t let any distraction come in your way when you are studying.
- Take short strict breaks between study sessions to relax your mind.
- Study more during your productive hours, when you can concentrate best.
- Manage time well between studies and other tasks.
- Build your interest in the subjects.
- Remember what you are preparing for and believe in yourself to achieve it.
- Don’t feel sad about low scores in tests, work on improving yourself.
Don’t let any distraction come in your way when you are studying
The distractions arrive because you let them come to you. There is no need to be involved in some of the activities during studies.
- Mobile phones : When you are studying, don’t use your phone. Keep your phone out of sight i.e. out of mind.
- Music : Students who study in a quiet environment can recall things more than those who study while listening to music.
- No Social Media/TV during studies. In JEE preparation the only addiction you need is your subjects i.e. PCM.
Take short strict breaks between study sessions to relax your mind
It’s not that you boycott the above things during JEE preparation. When you are not studying, you are free to do all the above stuff. You can relax your mind. Do things which you like. Only thing to keep in mind is – Time. Be very strict. If you are taking 15 minutes or half an hour break, stick to it. No extra minutes. Go back to studies.
Study more during your productive hours, when you can concentrate best
Identify your most productive hours. If you remember things and focus better early in the morning, then study more during that time. Studying 10-12 hours each day is not necessary for JEE. A well-concentrated 4-6 hrs of self study, other than coaching time, is sometimes more than enough.
Manage time well between studies and other tasks
“Managing time between studies and other tasks is important. You have to be extremely disciplined and focused during IIT JEE preparation.” – Sittun Swayam (IIT Kharagpur)
Build your interest in the subjects
One important thing for good JEE preparation is your interest in subjects – Maths, Physics and Chemistry. If you love solving problems, understanding concepts, you will want to focus on studies as much as possible, keeping all distractions away.
Remember what you are preparing for and believe in yourself to achieve it
Whenever you are about to get inclined towards the things which are not letting you to focus on studies then remember why you have decided to prepare for JEE. Whether it’s your parents’ wish or your own dream to get into an IIT, there has been something in you which made you the potential candidate to clear JEE.
Rightly said by A Amrith Rangan (IIT Madras), “Self motivation is very important. You will have to realise the value of what you’re doing, you will have to be very ambitious.”
Don’t feel sad about low scores in tests, work on improving yourself.
Your competition is not with other JEE aspirants (in reality they are, but should not be in your mind). You have to surpass your own performance in tests. Neither get dejected by bad marks nor become overconfident after scoring well. Work hard (smart) towards your JEE goal.
Related Post : How to Stop Distractions during JEE Preparation?
We’re listening to students.
Have something to say about this article, or any question in mind? Share it with us on Facebook