The best thing that helps you to focus on JEE preparation and not be affected by unnecessary distractions is – your will power and ambition to clear the JEE exam. Without it, many times, it gets very difficult to work hard with consistency.
How to Stay Focused During IIT JEE Preparation?
Best tips to stay focused during JEE preparation.
- Don’t let any distraction come in your way when you are studying.
- Take short strict breaks between long study sessions.
- Study more during your productive hours.
- Manage time well between studies and other tasks.
- Build your interest in the subjects.
- Remember why you are preparing for JEE.
- Believe in yourself to achieve the goals.
- Don’t feel sad about low scores in tests, work on improving your skills.
1. Don’t let any distraction come in your way when you are studying
You have to be extremely disciplined and focused during IIT JEE preparation. The distractions arrive because you let them come to you. There is no need to be involved in the below activities during studies.
- Mobile phones : When you are studying, don’t use your phone. Keep your phone out of sight i.e. out of mind.
- Music : Students who study in a quiet environment can recall things more than those who study while listening to music.
- Social Media/ TV : In JEE preparation the only addiction you need is your subjects i.e. PCM.
2. Take short strict breaks between long study sessions
It’s not that you boycott the above things during JEE preparation. When you are not studying, you are free to do all the above stuff. Do things which you like. Only thing to keep in mind is – Time. Be very strict. If you are taking 15 minutes or half an hour break, stick to it. No extra minutes. Go back to studies.
3. Study more during your productive hours
Identify your most productive hours. If you remember things and focus better early in the morning, then study more during that time. Studying 10-12 hours each day is not necessary for JEE. A well-concentrated 4-6 hrs of self study, other than coaching time, is sometimes more than enough.
4. Manage time well between studies and other tasks
Managing time between studies and other tasks is very important in JEE preparation. Whenever you study, do it with full concentration. When taking a break, don’t think about studies, let your mind relax.
5. Build your interest in the subjects
One important thing for good JEE preparation is your interest in subjects – Math, Physics and Chemistry. If you love solving problems, understanding concepts, you will want to focus on studies as much as possible, keeping all distractions away.
6. Remember why you are preparing for JEE
Whenever you are about to get inclined towards the things which are not letting you to focus on studies then remember why you have decided to prepare for JEE. Whether it’s your parents’ wish or your own dream to get into an IIT, there has been something in you which made you the potential candidate to clear JEE.
7. Believe in yourself to achieve the goals
If you don’t believe in yourself to clear the JEE then who will? Rightly said by A Amrith Rangan (IIT Madras), “Self motivation is very important. You will have to realise the value of what you’re doing, you will have to be very ambitious.”
8. Don’t feel sad about low scores in tests, work on improving your skills
Your competition is not with other JEE aspirants (in reality they are, but should not be in your mind). You have to surpass your own performance in tests. Neither get dejected by bad marks nor become overconfident after scoring well. Work hard (and smart) to improve your skills.
Related Post : How to Stop Distractions During JEE Preparation?
We’re listening to students.
Have something to say about this article, or any question in mind? Share it with us on Facebook