JEE Main exam is a qualifying exam for B.Tech./ B.E. admission in top engineering institutes like NITs and IIITs. It’s also the qualifying exam for JEE Advanced, a gateway to admission in IITs.
Want to know how to study for cracking JEE Main? Go through below points.
Top 9 Study Tips for Cracking JEE Main Exam
- Clear the basics in all the subjects. Try not to skip topics.
- In Physics, topics of 12th are more important and I guess 60% questions are from there and they are damn easy. You can easily approach them.
- In Chemistry, you should go with NCERT. Just read line by line and repeat.
- For Mathematics, practice is very much important! Formulas should be on your tips (especially in Coordinate Geometry). For practice, you can go with past year questions. Since the last two years questions asked in mathematics are a little bit lengthy, you have to be prepared for that also.
- Target at-least 50–60 full syllabus tests (based on JEE Main pattern) before the exam and the practice test timings should match with examination timings. (First Shift : 09:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Second Shift : 02:30 p.m. to 05:30 p.m.)
- Solve JEE Main previous years online papers.
- Try to attempt more and more questions as you increase the number of tests. In JEE Main, you have to answer 90 questions in just 3 hours. Do rigorous practice!
- Time management is very important in JEE Main exam. These practice tests will help you to analyse yourself and you will get to know about your weak areas so that you can work upon them.
- Revise regularly what has been taught to you.
All the best 🙂
Related Post : Tips to score decent marks in JEE Main