This is a guest post by Anshul Barjatya (IIT-BHU Varanasi).
Can an average student crack IIT JEE?
Yes, an average student can absolutely crack IIT JEE provided he/ she is ready to work hard with consistency. There have been many average students who cleared JEE with good ranks in the past. I considered myself an average student and now I study in IIT (BHU) Varanasi.
How Can an Average Student Crack IIT JEE?
An average student have to follow these guidelines to crack JEE :
- First of all stop assuming yourself below anyone.
- Make all your efforts for JEE in a continuous manner without any long break.
- Create a study schedule that allocates sufficient time to each subject and topic.
- Avoid all distractions or just stop being involved in them, from right now.
- Use study resources and materials specifically designed for JEE preparation.
- Focus on understanding fundamental concepts rather than rote memorization.
- Solve a variety of problems and practice previous years’ question papers to get accustomed to the exam pattern.
- Don’t hesitate to ask doubts from teachers or online platforms.
- Give regular mock tests to assess your progress and improve time management during the actual exam.
- Stay motivated and maintain a positive attitude, even when facing challenging topics.
Who told you that you are an average student or is it your own perception about yourself?
Mark my words, “All the people in this world have an equal mindset”. Only you have to define and inculcate your abilities or capabilities in a proper direction, comprising all the points as I mentioned above. The rest is going to be good with your effortless job if you do it at the right time.
Clearing IIT JEE is not an easy task and it can’t be measured on any scale of brain power. It is something that requires a lot of determination, dedication, theoretical in-depth knowledge, your keen interest in topics/ subjects and learning in a smart and efficient way.
JEE preparation is not your school’s era where the same question that is in the book, gets memorized by a student, comes into exam and whom you called above average student or topper. Here things go unexpectedly unpredictable most of the time and the reality checkup of intelligence begins from here.
From Average Student to An IITian
Looking at my journey of cracking IIT JEE, I also thought myself to be an average guy and just hoped to get into any good NIT. For me, at that time IIT was just like a dream, literally. After giving my first attempt I didn’t even get into a “good NIT” but just got an NIT. I was not at all satisfied and went for a drop year.
During my dropper period I realized my real potential and efficiency, what I was and what I am. The myth of telling myself as an average guy and hiding my own potential screwed up my one year. After that, not surprisingly, but with my full efforts I cracked the JEE Advanced with such a good marks for getting the milestone i.e. “IIT”.
JEE FAQs for Average Students
Can an average student crack IIT JEE in the first attempt?
Yes, by following a well-structured preparation plan, maintaining a consistent study schedule, mastering time management skills, and with a positive mindset, it is possible for an average student who may not be exceptionally strong academically to successfully secure admission into the IITs.
Can an average student crack JEE with a decent rank?
Yes, an average student can achieve a decent rank or 150 marks in the JEE Main exam. It’s important to remember that success in competitive exams like the JEE is not solely determined by one’s innate intelligence but also by their commitment to learning and disciplined preparation.
Crack IIT JEE by learning from the top faculty and experts in Mystudycart JEE Online Courses.