Well, a structured and systematic study plan in the last month helps to go a long way in securing a decent rank in JEE Main 2019 as long as one is willing to stick to it. I, for one, made a study plan which I am going to detail below.
However, I must say in advance, that it’s really difficult for a Class 12 student (especially someone as fickle-minded as myself) to stick to a detailed study plan, no matter how exciting it was to plan out at the beginning. So I allowed myself some wriggling space in my routine so as not to dishearten myself if I couldn’t follow it to the core.
Best Study Plan for JEE Main 2019 in One Month Before the Exam
- Make a routine for yourself. Nope, not a detailed one. Just a list of the subjects you want to read daily in the upcoming 30 days. Don’t list down what topics you would read.
- Get a copy of the syllabus for Mains printed. This is more of a confidence-boosting thing as you can keep a track of how much you are prepared. Seeing the prepared things crossed off some list helps calm our erratic mindset in the last month and helps boost self-confidence.
- Make a list of the daily goals for the next day before bedtime. After waking up the next day, see your list, get a bearing of what you have to do for the day and enjoy completing your goals.
- Adopt a recreational method of your own. As surprising as it may seem, this is the most important thing you have to do in the last one month of JEE Main preparation. Anything is suitable: going out to play, going for a walk, listening to music, watching comedy shows or as in my case, a little out-of-tone bathroom singing. Mindset is the most important thing that differentiates between the toppers and the others during JEE. So always stay refreshed mentally.
- Solve as many practice papers you can. If you feel you are prepared in a particular subject, go through the previous years question papers and solve them keeping in mind the time you have allotted to that subject for yourself during the actual exam. Don’t focus on the marks you are getting. Focus on improving your speed and accuracy. And that requires a lot of practice. I, for one, had given around 30 full length papers keeping the time in mind. As an added challenge, in some papers, I used to keep 2:30 hrs time instead of the normal 3 hrs time so as to improve on my speed, and it helped a great deal.
- Last week preparation. Don’t start on any new topics. Go through the topics from the JEE Main syllabus and make sure you aren’t missing out on any, especially the fringe topics, like the last 2–3 chapters of Physics, Chemistry and Maths. Go through previous years papers and get an understanding of the level of questions. Don’t solve any other practice papers during the last week. Previous years papers have exactly JEE Main standard questions while some practice papers might have a higher standard. Solving them would lead to a decline in confidence level. Enjoy your family time and don’t devote too much time in talking to friends and knowing how much their preparation is. If possible, don’t talk to them at all. Believe in yourself. In the exam hall, that’s what would actually get you through.
- The day before the D-Day. Don’t go anywhere near JEE books, if you can help it. Enjoy the whole day, of course don’t do anything reckless. Listen to songs, read story books, see comedy videos on YouTube etc. I, for one, played table tennis with my Dad for a major part of the day. Just keep your mind off the tension for the next day. Get a good night’s sleep.
- The D-Day. Approach the most important day of your life as if it’s just like any other day. Stay cool, calm and focused. Enjoy solving the exam, don’t treat it as a life-changing event. It’s just another exam.
And that’s what might be your preparation plan for the last one month before JEE. I am not saying it should be, I am saying it’s just a plan that worked for me. It certainly isn’t the best one, otherwise I would have ranked AIR 1. Jokes aside, it’s a good study plan and it certainly helped me keep a cool mindset in the exam hall.
Hope I could be of help.
JEE Advanced 2018 AIR-477
JEE Main 2018 AIR-290
KVPY SA AIR-156
Related Post : JEE Main 2019 Exam Day Strategy