In this post, we will see how to study for Biology and Physics for NEET entrance test.
How to Study Physics for NEET
- Divide your day into a timetable first of all. Say you study 6 hours daily, divide these 6 hours into 5 sets of 1 hour each and remaining one hour as break time in between these 1 hour slots, now assign topics for practicing questions to these slots. You might not be able to complete these or even half of it but don’t use time of any other topic for the previous one that’s not completed, just leave it at once “jitna bhi kiya hai”, and start the next one. This is definitely helpful to save time and make your day more productive.
- For Physics specially, read the theory and formulas just once and don’t use your one hour time just reading the same formulas every time you study a particular topic. Instead set a goal of practicing questions.
- Try to read NCERT along with your regular classes and don’t just leave it for the last time or for AIIMS preparation time. This is my personal experience that I was unable to read some physics chapters even once at the time of boards or entrance exam preparation.
- Make a formula list of each chapter and include just the formulas in it and not the whole notes thing and read these whenever you get time say before meals etc.
- You can also use a white board or the back of your room door to write formulas and keep reading these and updating with the newer ones.
- Practice as many questions as you can because in the end only this is going to help you and try to get the correct answer in the very first time because this actually marks your progress in a particular chapter.
How to Study Biology for NEET
- Try reading in between the lines i.e. try to understand meaning of each and every line. Each time you go through your chapter say photosynthesis, you’ll definitely find something new. In order to concentrate, make sure you are free of vague thoughts in your subconscious that distract you.
- Try to mark only those points which you confuse or forget often. Don’t mark each and every line. Try to keep the text as clean as possible, this technique will increase your reading speed. But at the same time, I also don’t mean that you stop marking the important points.
- Another thing is, there are some parts which are given quite thorough in your NCERT and there is only little text in your class notes that’s not included in NCERT. Instead of reading these topics from both places, try to note those new points in your NCERT margin space only. This really helps. I did this for many topics during my preparation.
- Make sure you read the summary every time. It has many new points.
- You can also try jotting down NCERT points on a slip [by this I strictly refer to the selected points only, say 2 to 3 lines per page] , and read these whenever you get time like before meals etc., this technique is helpful in memorizing chapters like mineral nutrition.
Related Post : How to Improve Biology for NEET
All the best!
Arzoo (Maulana Azad Medical College)
AIIMS 2016 AIR 136 ; NEET 2016 AIR 110 🙂
How to Study Physics and Biology for NEET was last modified: March 8th, 2018 by